Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 539342 times)

boostinallovryou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #760 on: December 21, 2014, 01:30:15 pm »
My cards just arrived, development can continue!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #761 on: December 21, 2014, 05:33:34 pm »
Should be home in time for the next test tournament. Can't wait to try all the latest things out. Thx Boost

96p993

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #762 on: December 22, 2014, 12:39:45 pm »
Has anyone looked into changing out the glass that covers the monitor? It looks like someone with a ring played and I have scratches going up the middle of the glass. Im guessing this is just a pane of tempered glass but want to make sure that is the case. I would hate to buy the wrong glass and have it break...

boostinallovryou

« Reply #763 on: December 22, 2014, 12:43:35 pm »
Yes, it's just a piece of tampered glass.   Whatever you do, do not get a piece of sheet glass.  Based from your message you already knew that.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #764 on: December 22, 2014, 01:07:16 pm »
ya I plan on just taking it to a glass shop and having them match size and thickness

boostinallovryou

« Reply #765 on: December 22, 2014, 01:55:03 pm »
So I'm going to try to kill 3 birds with one stone.  I picked up a dedicated cabinet challenge a few weeks ago.  I want that to be my "player" game because what fun is it to do all this work if you don't actually play in the tournaments :-)    Well....Challenge isn't supported yet, so it's time to do that.  Not sure how many other Challenge people are here but it would be great for you to say hey so I know there are more than one.  Cabinet artwork says there are 22 courses so got to think a lot of them carried over to Team Challenge and we can have lots of Tournaments with both games.  Then there is the player data / game play data.  I need to extract all of that from each cabinet and propagate it to the others.  To do that.....you got to play a tournament :-)    I love testing hahahah.

So I think tonight might be getting Challenge up on the server and tomorrow would be starting a new tournament.  Everybody ok with that?

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #766 on: December 22, 2014, 04:00:41 pm »
Is a card a must to play? Or are they simply for creating players?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #767 on: December 22, 2014, 04:03:17 pm »
For playing tournaments or world tour the machine has to have some way of identifying you.  The card is what it uses.  But, I mentioned that once I figure out the card info I believe I can push a base schema to all the machines and then you can use the "Login" mechanism.  So if you or anybody else doesn't have a card reader, and doesn't mind typing in their name and card number on the screen via "Login", I should be able to get you going.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #768 on: December 22, 2014, 04:07:44 pm »
I have a reader just not a card...I have one on the way but not certain will it will arrive.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #769 on: December 22, 2014, 06:14:31 pm »
I have a challenge machine Boost an all my mates as we like to play the skins format of golf which for some reason team challange got rid of?? I also have championship 3 as this has The pebble beach course which later versions don't. So a lot of courses out their that haven't found their way to the latest version ummmm

boostinallovryou

« Reply #770 on: December 22, 2014, 06:19:17 pm »
Awesome, so if I get Challenge working your friends will join the party too??  Thanks for all the info Spitfire, appreciate the education.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #771 on: December 22, 2014, 06:20:30 pm »
When I got my cabinet I also got all kinds of update disks...I think I have 8-10 disks for the different editions

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2015, 07:54:05 pm
« Reply #772 on: December 22, 2014, 06:58:39 pm »
I don't have a card reader but can use the login method if needed.  Also I have a new operator card if it helps someone.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #773 on: December 22, 2014, 07:46:22 pm »
As I hoped, my card arrived today. Im good to go!!!

boostinallovryou

« Reply #774 on: December 22, 2014, 08:40:05 pm »
dahupshee, To use the login method I think you will need credentials to already be on the machine.  So you might need me to push a base template over.  Not sure yet until I debug.  So let me try to get Challenge online tonight and then I'll start a new tournament.  I don't know what the number to course mapping is yet so I have just been picking numbers.  Essentially there is a "Course Number" that I have to assign.  That number equals a course.  I don't have a map of what equals what so I have been figuring it out as I start tournaments.  So if you don't like the course I pick.....tough....hahahhaahha.  You guys want 9 hole or 18 hole tournaments?  If 9 you want to do all the front first and then back?

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #775 on: December 22, 2014, 08:50:07 pm »
makes no difference to me on what or how many we play

boostinallovryou

« Reply #776 on: December 22, 2014, 08:51:05 pm »
Ok, I'll just go with 9 for now.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #777 on: December 22, 2014, 09:04:01 pm »
Didnt you mention something about having to have free play off??

boostinallovryou

« Reply #778 on: December 22, 2014, 09:04:52 pm »
Yes, you have to have free play off.  If it is on then the game won't let you select world tour or tournament.  At least that was my experience.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #779 on: December 22, 2014, 09:17:12 pm »
Ok, just had to go in and make some changes to the amount of money it took to play the game.

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #780 on: December 23, 2014, 10:18:45 pm »
Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post. I am new to sending PM's and such and was trying to upgrade my team challenge cabinet and was ideally trying to get a hold of STPCore but it doesn't seem that my PM went through (or I'm doing it wrong). Anyways, I pulled my card out and it's a 3D Force FX-5700LE 128mb AGP card. I was wondering if I should upgrade to the same card with 256mb or get a 6600. Any input would be greatly appreciated. The reason for the upgrade is that I've been getting some choppy video since I got the machine. Thanks and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #781 on: December 23, 2014, 10:24:04 pm »
When i got my TC game it had a 4400 in it.  I jumped on ebay and found an AGP 6600.......Not impressed.  My attract mode screen where they have that world tour animation never scrolls like it should.  I jumps from beginning to end.  Now that i know a bit more about these games if i had to do it again i would get a better card and just install the drivers myself and live with the non supported video card nag message.  Just my two cents.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #782 on: December 23, 2014, 10:33:46 pm »
Boost is the tournament up and running? I logged onto the server but didnt see it...Just wondering

boostinallovryou

« Reply #783 on: December 23, 2014, 10:43:34 pm »
No i wasnt able to touch anything the last two days.  Work and family consumed every minute.  I'll kick one off tonight.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #784 on: December 23, 2014, 10:55:37 pm »
No rush..spend time with the family!!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #785 on: December 23, 2014, 11:24:09 pm »
Hey Dahupshee the best thing I found with my machine is to add more ram and make sure I had a fully working video card.  Both things are working perfectly then you should get good clean game play.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #786 on: December 24, 2014, 02:24:24 am »
So got my machine up and tournament enabled again with new version of patcher and all worked well. Tried to
Play tournament but don't think there was one to play is that correct Boost? So I played world tour which worked perfectly all 24 courses available to play also looked like it stores my score on red rock mountain as was there when I played another course on world tour. Thanks once again boost for all your great work especially after so much false promise from the one who now shall remain nameless and his name never spoken by me again ha ha

boostinallovryou

« Reply #787 on: December 24, 2014, 02:30:01 am »
Welcome back spitfire.  Glad you are registered and ready to go.  I'm finishing patcher 0.4 right now.  It's smart enough to know if it is patching challenge or team challenge and does the right thing.  You guys dont need it but any challenge owner will.  Almost have this machine talking to my test server and then ill go setup a tournament.  Post back in a bit.

I just cant stop laughing at the nameless person and his steaming pile of meadow muffin line....wtf!!  Hahaha

boostinallovryou

« Reply #788 on: December 24, 2014, 03:12:12 am »
Ok, just got done setting up the new tournament.  Force a call and you should get it.  Please let me know if there are any issues seeing it.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #789 on: December 24, 2014, 08:54:30 am »
I played in World Tour couple days ago...I played Predator, though I didnt do so well. Can anyone see my score?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #790 on: December 24, 2014, 09:46:52 am »
Nobody is going to be able to see other peoples scores until i finish writing the extraction and propagation code.  With the holidays that probably won't be till the weekend sometime.

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #791 on: December 24, 2014, 03:01:47 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys. I went ahead and ordered more memory and the 29" vizio. If it still gives me the skipping and choppiness and I may just buy the same card I have with 256mb on it to see if that helps.

Boost, you still good with the offer for the card reader. If so let me know how to send you payment and information. If you need the reader, no worries but I'll need the info to use the "login" option so I can play in the tournaments. Thanks as always for all you're doing.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

lostboy4480

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:54:46 pm
« Reply #792 on: December 24, 2014, 03:11:06 pm »
Wow, Have been away from this thread for a little while and cannot believe all the progress that's been made.  Congrats to Boost for his work on the Server and everyone else thats been testing and helping, Very impressive.

I am looking forward to playing against a few of you once I source some new install CD's for my cab.
Cabinets

NBA Jam
Golden Tee 2005
PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Generic Taito (Project)

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #793 on: December 24, 2014, 03:27:00 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys. I went ahead and ordered more memory and the 29" vizio. If it still gives me the skipping and choppiness and I may just buy the same card I have with 256mb on it to see if that helps.

Boost, you still good with the offer for the card reader. If so let me know how to send you payment and information. If you need the reader, no worries but I'll need the info to use the "login" option so I can play in the tournaments. Thanks as always for all you're doing.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Cant say anything about the additional Ram, I havent tackled that beast, but I can say the 29 is AWESOME. It fits great and makes the game play amazingly

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #794 on: December 24, 2014, 07:31:30 pm »
Also as an FYI, I have a pogoplug that I use for random files to share with friends and it has plenty of space on it. I'd be more than happy to host any files on there including all the recovery discs for the various PGA machines as it seems that there are quite a few requests for them. I can setup a folder specifically for people at the forum that they can access whenever they need (assuming that it's legal, which I think it should be since all of us own the machines).

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #795 on: December 24, 2014, 10:26:46 pm »
STP did have a Dropbox setup awhile back which we all had access to which had all the game disks there for all the different game versions. Not sure if it's still available PM STP and he will guide you further.

Am away again visiting the inlaws in the bush was gonna take my portable system but they have no internet access urghhh see you all in a couple of days.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #796 on: December 25, 2014, 12:59:50 am »
Merry Christmas All!!!   :cheers:

boostinallovryou

« Reply #797 on: December 27, 2014, 11:30:56 am »
Hey everyone, hope you guys had a merry christmas.  I'm back on development.  Challenge machine can register and call in now.  Joining a tournament is acting a bit weird but no biggie.  Card was configured properly so now i know what a base card should look like.  Also working on extracting tournament and world tour play off the cabinets so i can populate the leaderboards and everybody can compete.  Gonna be a pretty busy month but the end result is going to be awesome.

Dahup i havent tested the other two readers yet.  The fastest way to get you playing is probably the login way.   Let me get that going for you and then address the reader after if that is ok.

I was tossing around the idea of starting a twitter feed to have a quick way of broadcasting progress and try to pull more people in once things get rockin.  What do you guys thing, easier for you to stay up to date or a waste of time?  Never done social media before so testing the waters here.  Hey maybe gvr and ea could be my first subscribers :-)

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #798 on: December 27, 2014, 04:56:29 pm »
Im not a big social media guy but I agree it would be a great way to get others involved...

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #799 on: December 27, 2014, 06:34:31 pm »
Yeah not into the social media side of things either. Once everything is up and running I will have at least a dozen player here hooked up. Also should be able to get at least a dozen more through the forum so that would be a good start I guess. Let me know once the challenge patcher is complete and I'll test it this end for you boost.