Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sit down driving arcade Old or new parts?  (Read 3501 times)

sdweim85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 16, 2014, 09:30:03 am
Sit down driving arcade Old or new parts?
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:28:21 pm »
I want to have a sit down driving arcade and I'm trying to think of the most cost efficient way of getting one that revolves around having a G27 and Xbox in it.

There are 2 scenarios I can think of, Either

Buy a empty or broken Arcade sitdown cabinet like Cruisin USA or Outrun, gut it, and add my own paint and marquees.  Using a CRT inside it.

or

Just buy a Playseat Evolution, put everything on it and be done with it. probably have to buy a LCD for it also.

I'd rather buy a old Sit down driving arcade, but how in the world would I ever lift that on or off of a truck?  How do people even move those things anyways.  I have a Jamma UMK3 cabinet and it takes 2-3 people to move it around.

brad808

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
Re: Sit down driving arcade Old or new parts?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 01:57:18 pm »
They come apart in a bunch of pieces, take it apart enough and you can pretty much move it by yourself.

Sent from my Desire HD

sdweim85

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:16:22 pm »
Ah thanks, that's pretty much all I needed to know.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:21:32 pm »

I'd rather buy a old Sit down driving arcade, but how in the world would I ever lift that on or off of a truck?  How do people even move those things anyways.  I have a Jamma UMK3 cabinet and it takes 2-3 people to move it around.

Where is this cabinet, the girl scout camp? I can load cabinets like that on and off trucks solo fairly easily.

Deluxe driving games are super cheap right now because fun centers and arcades and the like are closing in massive numbers AND the mid to late 90s stuff is now coming off the arcade floors and that is when they really started getting big. Last auction I went to had the big driving stuff going for around $100-$200 depending on the game. Don't even bother with the Xbox crap, just enjoy the game as it is.

They come apart in multiple pieces and are actually easier to deal with than that UMK3 cabinet which is just a single 370 pound hunk.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

sdweim85

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:28:01 pm »
I would like a full sit down driving game like Daytona USA, or Cruisn World. And around here in NJ they go for like 100-300 which is great.  The thing is I'm not good with the innards of an arcade and if anything breaks on it I wont know how to replace it.

Its the only reason why I prefer empty cabs that I can just stick in a monitor/TV and a old PC/console and I'm done.

And when I meant 2-3 people for one cab its because I had to get it from my basement to the second floor.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/for/3330692750.html 

I'd probably just get that.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:40:38 pm by sdweim85 »