Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: wow... things are slowing down  (Read 2768 times)

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
wow... things are slowing down
« on: April 18, 2002, 09:33:06 am »
Well, I haven't had any time to finish up the user interface for jfront.  A few nights ago I got a few hours and got some stuff done, and broke a few others.  I might just give up on a few options and release it.  The trouble is that I started moving the keyboard manager (so it was unlimited on the commands/shift keys/ect) and doing so broke the property files... so I need a way to change the keys.

I also think I'm changing the encode configuration code so that it can change per game (not only the emulator your running or control panel you are using).  This was to allow me to change configuration for each game in zinc....

Trouble is that much of this isn't want I'm interested in these days.  I really have some cool (I think their cool anyway) user interface (and this time I won't be copying Ed's ArcadeFX :-)  But to start it will probably pause a release by 6 months or so.  So I really want to get somthing out first.

I'm also considering scrapping most of the code (since I have to rewrite most of it for the next version).  

Anyway, just complaining about lack of time but being full of ideas...

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

)p(

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
Re: wow... things are slowing down
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 04:21:56 pm »
Release it dammit we want to see it  ;D

Any hints on what that cool new interface we will have to wait 6 months for will be?  ;)

Peter

Mike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2005, 01:22:14 pm
  • Umm, yea about the TPS report
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2002, 08:15:43 pm »
I'd be interested in seeing your fe. Things really have slowed down in the fe department as of late. Since, my cab is up and working the only thing I can do to improve it is get new fe's. Even if your gonna scrap most of the code it would be nice if you released source. There might be a bunch of things people could use for other things or something you had problems with might be simple for someone else to figure out.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2002, 08:40:03 pm »
I will never tell!   8)

More of... I'm playing with a few things and think  I can implement somethign that will be fun.

trouble is that I have to change almost everything

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(
:'( :-* :-/ :-[ :P ::) ??? 8) :o :( >:( ;D :D ;) :)

(btw, my daughter just got excited that I can put happy faces in a message)

:o ::)

)p(

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2002, 12:49:41 am »

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(
:'( :-* :-/ :-[ :P ::) ??? 8) :o :( >:( ;D :D ;) :)

(btw, my daughter just got excited that I can put happy faces in a message)

:o ::)

Yeah, Yeah...blame it on your daughter...what a "man"... :D

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2002, 05:40:01 pm »
:D I like the smilies.....

Actually in about a month or two, things will definately speed back up again.  My original MORG idea will be combined with the complete and total rebuild I've been working on for RD.  This will be a totally new FE based on the concepts of the old Raging Dragon.  The trick to this one is a concept that game launcher started but never quite prefected. This FE will be totally modular.  Want to get support for a new emu?  Simple make a .ini file for it and if needed use the included generic wrapper to simulate keypresses to start.  Want to add a non-standard mame builds gamelist?  Simply generate a listinfo form it and drop it in a "gamelists" folder or download a clrmamepro dat file off the net and place it in the folder.  Want to run something other than emus?  No prob, the way the ini and script files are setup you can make them for anything.  

Also the lists are no longer segregated by emulator or directory.... you will be able to easily sort your roms in various ways, including category.  

And these are just the basic features.   ;D  

Also due to it's totally modular design, others can choose to write a new gui and use my "middle-end" stuff as well.

The Dragon is awakening from it's slumber.  Be prepared.  

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2002, 05:41:06 pm »
Oh and Lilwolf... RELEASE THE DANG THING ALREADY!!!
;) ;)

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2002, 09:32:23 pm »
hehehe... no more features before I send stuff out.

trouble now is that I rewrote the keycatching code so that it was open ended (so instead of hacking one more key that I needed (15 minutes) I rewrote it so I can have unlimited number of commands (2 days).

main trouble.... I din't have a way to change the keys right now.  As soon as I do that, I will send out a version.  (might have to do a few small things.... )

I really wanted to have it so that people could install it without any config files and it would work... we will see