Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: uroJUKEstyx alpha 2.03 by superbigjay (ready to download) : LRC!  (Read 62581 times)

superbigjay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 02:50:03 pm
  • I'll always be a kid...
    • superbigjay website
yep realise the next song etc and the left right arrows are there , that is the problem they are in different areas , be better if they are in the same area , save going between buttons , knowing the buttons are there are fine for regular users but not as user freindly in a party situation , which is why they are better on screen or at least have an option to have them onscreen or offscreen especially when the skinning stage is ready , the scroll left and right are not a problem to me as ill map left right to my juke led buttons
Ego, I have found a solution that I think will cover your button needs:

The last OSK (currently named OSK FUNCTION) will become an User OSK and you will be able to map whatever button available in the juke to it. You will also be able to define the numbers of buttons columns available (1-5), giving you up to 20 buttons available in the same OSK.

I might also extend that new config feature to the other OSK, allowing the user to customized the buttons and location...

Jay  :cheers:

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
yep realise the next song etc and the left right arrows are there , that is the problem they are in different areas , be better if they are in the same area , save going between buttons , knowing the buttons are there are fine for regular users but not as user freindly in a party situation , which is why they are better on screen or at least have an option to have them onscreen or offscreen especially when the skinning stage is ready , the scroll left and right are not a problem to me as ill map left right to my juke led buttons

The last OSK (currently named OSK FUNCTION) will become an User OSK and you will be able to map whatever button available in the juke to it. You will also be able to define the numbers of buttons columns available (1-5), giving you up to 20 buttons available in the same OSK.

I might also extend that new config feature to the other OSK, allowing the user to customized the buttons and location...

The ability to customize the buttons and location of them will be real handy for those navigating by touch screen or mouse.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2014, 12:26:20 am

that will do it jay , will i also be able to map a button from the osk to onscreen not pop up , ie the repeat or random in the que list then cusomisation will be awesome and the juke can be truly set up any way you want

egosbar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2014, 12:26:20 am
mmmmmm rereading your post i think your last line means exactly what i asked lol

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
mmmmmm rereading your post i think your last line means exactly what i asked lol

The button customization will be limitited to:

- OSK user:
The user will specify the number of rows (1-5) allowing him to map 0-20 button in the same OSK.

- OSK numbers/navigation/audio:
Not sure yet if I will add customization to those one, but if so, then it will be like the OSK user.

- Queue buttons:
The user specifies the number of buttons to use (0-5) and assigns whatever button to it (right now.
Right now, the buttons are hardcoded to QUEUE_REPEAT and QUEUE_RANDOM)

- now playing buttons:
same as queue buttons.
Right now it's hardcoded to NOW_RANDOM, ADD_PLAYLIST, ADD_PROFILE.

Not sure when I'll have all this ready, but I'll keep you inform as soon as I get it working.

I didn't spend too much time on uroJUKEstyxthe lately...
I was taking it easy and took the spare time to prepeare for next Tuesday where we'll be taking a nice mojitos and cubata in Cuba >:D

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
I found another bug.

I display 4 albums at a time and the last album I have is a ZZ Top album, the album spot underneath is of course empty slot but the next two albums are also empty slots, these should be the first two albums alphabetically.

If I go full album display on "The Best of ZZ Top" and then scroll right it then continually displays blank pages even if I start scolling back again.

If I go to my first album alphabetically and go full album display and scroll left it goes straight to "The Best of ZZ Top" which it should of course.

Cheers.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
I display 4 albums at a time and the last album I have is a ZZ Top album, the album spot underneath is of course empty slot but the next two albums are also empty slots, these should be the first two albums alphabetically.
You're right if you have
   OPTIONS-DISPLAY-ALBUM_DISPLAY-SCROLL_ALBUM_BY=2,
you should never have 2 or more empty slots.

Note: That is expected behavior if you have
   OPTIONS-DISPLAY-ALBUM_DISPLAY-SCROLL_ALBUM_BY=4

Added to todo list!

If I go full album display on "The Best of ZZ Top" and then scroll right it then continually displays blank pages even if I start scolling back again.
If I go to my first album alphabetically and go full album display and scroll left it goes straight to "The Best of ZZ Top" which it should of course.
Added to wishlist. In album view, you should never have an empty slot showing up.

Thanks

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
You're right if you have
   OPTIONS-DISPLAY-ALBUM_DISPLAY-SCROLL_ALBUM_BY=2,
you should never have 2 or more empty slots.

Sorry I didn't mention that I scroll 2 albums at a time.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Sorry I didn't mention that I scroll 2 albums at a time.[/quote]
No problem, you gave me a good description to allow me to easily reproduce the problem.

BTW, I'm still working on the config panel to add the font/color selection. I should have something later this week... hopefully.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
BTW, I'm still working on the config panel to add the font/color selection. I should have something later this week... hopefully.

Nice!

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
Playing around with the Randon Stat mode today.

I pretty much went through every album in the jukebox adding my favourite songs to the queue.

I then continually pressed next and watched the number (1) appear after all the songs reached now playing.

I then decided to let the jukebox run in Random Stat mode and enjoy the tunes.

Straight away I noticed a lot of songs were coming up way too often and others not coming up at all.

I decided to just continue pushing the next button to see what the jukebox would select next.

I then noticed a pattern that certainly didn't appear very random.

I noticed songs from artists closer to the start of the alphabet kept coming up, in fact no random song from an artist past the letter F.

Anyway, hope you having a great time in Cuba with the family Jay.

Cheers.

Phil

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Hello Phil,

yes we had a great time in Cuba with the 3 boys and the wife.
I took it really easy since my return...

But now I should get some work done to finally release the color edition mode...

For the random mode, I'll have a look at it with my full library. I had a similar problem where the random ... wasn't that much random, and had to modify the main randomizer function in my code. I think that part is fine (if you set the random mode to another one than RANDOM_STAT, you should get something that look random.

The RANDOM_STAT mode is slightly different and probably need to be tuned.
In that mode, that mode, each song is given 1 chance to be played + PLAYCNT * RANDOM_STRENGHT_VALUE * STRENGHT_NORMALIZER.

The PLAYCNT is the number of time a song was played (the number in parenthesis in the album song list).
The RANDOM_STRENGHT_VALUE is the value set in the config by the user (greater value = greater chance to play a popular song).
The STRENGHT_NORMALIZER is calculated by the juke based on the number of songs.

The problem is probably cause by the STRENGHT_NORM value.

I'll add it to the todo list for the next release.
If I can't find anything, I'll add some debug traces to gives more infos on why we get bad random value.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
Just played around with normal Random_Song mode and it certainly appears totally random to me.

It would be great to get the Random_Stat mode working properly as that would make my entire jukebox database a random playlist of everyone's favourite songs, it would be awesome at parties.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Just played around with normal Random_Song mode and it certainly appears totally random to me.

It would be great to get the Random_Stat mode working properly as that would make my entire jukebox database a random playlist of everyone's favourite songs, it would be awesome at parties.
All right, that means that the global randomizer seems fine.
I think I have an idea of where the problem is...
I should be able to fix it for the next release along with the other issues repported so far.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Phil,
in your library, are some of the songs in the F+ artists (the ones that never play randomly) have a played counter different than 0?
I think the random strength normalizer function gives too many chances to previously played songs to be selected...
You can try to add a few times some songs of the last album of your library to increment their play counters and then hold NEXT SONG to see if these songs gets selected. If so, it might indicate that this is the problem.
If this is the case, you can minimize that problem be setting the OPTION-AUDIO_ENGINE-RANDOM_STRENGTH = 1 (I think the default value is 5). (if you set 0, the RANDOM_STAT mode becomes equivalent to the regular random mode)

PS:
I've found a problem when some songs are disabled because the backend player wasn't able to play the song (song is display in album in light gray). In some case the random functions use the valid bit, and others not, but this should cause the behavior you are seing...

PPS:
I also encountered a problem where the random volume keeps decreasing each time a random song is played. I'll check this out later. Shoulkd be simple to fix.

Jay

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
Phil,
in your library, are some of the songs in the F+ artists (the ones that never play randomly) have a played counter different than 0?
I think the random strength normalizer function gives too many chances to previously played songs to be selected...
You can try to add a few times some songs of the last album of your library to increment their play counters and then hold NEXT SONG to see if these songs gets selected. If so, it might indicate that this is the problem.
If this is the case, you can minimize that problem be setting the OPTION-AUDIO_ENGINE-RANDOM_STRENGTH = 1 (I think the default value is 5). (if you set 0, the RANDOM_STAT mode becomes equivalent to the regular random mode)

Yeah I went right through every album selecting my favourite songs so they have at least a (1) next to them.

I dropped the strength value to 1 and it performs way better, getting songs throughout the entire database now.  ;D

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Yeah I went right through every album selecting my favourite songs so they have at least a (1) next to them.
I dropped the strength value to 1 and it performs way better, getting songs throughout the entire database now.  ;D
Ok, at least you have a workaround for now. I'll improve the RANDOM_STAT strength formula for the next release and add some debug traces in case we need them.

Jay

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
I have a Pentium 4 3.2GHz with 4GB RAM running Windows 8.

I have uroJukEstyx running while I surf the net and I notice quite often when I open a new web page that the music stutters a bit.

I played the same songs in SK Jukebox and opened web pages etc seeing if I could get the music the stutter but couldn't.

Obviously my computer is out dated but I'm just wondering why uroJUKEstyx struggles when SK Jukebox doesn't?

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website

I have uroJukEstyx running while I surf the net and I notice quite often when I open a new web page that the music stutters a bit.

I played the same songs in SK Jukebox and opened web pages etc seeing if I could get the music the stutter but couldn't.

Obviously my computer is out dated but I'm just wondering why uroJUKEstyx struggles when SK Jukebox doesn't?
Maybe the phonom engin is less efficient than the one used in skj?
Also skj was written using visual basic (if I'm not mistaking) while ujb uses Qt C++

Is the stutter occurs when the song changes or even in the middle of the song.

I'll try to dig some info in the different programming forums to see what might cause this and if there is any way to fix/improve this issue.
If it is related the the audio engine I'm using, there isn't much I can do unless I change for another engine  :dunno

Jay

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline

Maybe the phonom engin is less efficient than the one used in skj?
Also skj was written using visual basic (if I'm not mistaking) while ujb uses Qt C++

Is the stutter occurs when the song changes or even in the middle of the song.

I'll try to dig some info in the different programming forums to see what might cause this and if there is any way to fix/improve this issue.
If it is related the the audio engine I'm using, there isn't much I can do unless I change for another engine  :dunno

Jay

It can happen in the middle of a song.

It doesn't worry me too much I'll be upgrading my main computer soon, so I'm sure I won't have that issue then but when I do get around to buiding a jukebox I did intend to use a low specs computer for that project though as I'm sure a lot of people do for jukebox projects.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
Any updates?  ;D

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Any updates?  ;D
Hey RetroBorg,

sorry for the delay...
I'm still working on it, but I don't have as much time as I would like to make quick progress...

Anyways, here's the status:

- Completed the new Fonts & Colors class (variables, style sheet strings builder, save/load variable to/from file)
- Completed the new Fonts & Colors UI form.
- In progress : variable to/from UI form
- In progress : preview generator

Right now the font/color font is really low level and I need to improve it a bit to be more user friendly
This might be done in a subsequent release.

To give you an idea, this is the list of variables that's need to be set to config th font and ccolors
Code: [Select]
JukeBackgroundStyle = 0
JukeBackgroundColor0 = #FFFFFF
JukeBackgroundColor1 = #555555
OskBackgroundStyle = 5
OskBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
OskBackgroundColor1 = #FF8800
OskBorderSize = 2
OskBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumFrameBorderSize = 2
AlbumFrameBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumFrameBackgroundStyle = 2
AlbumFrameBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AlbumFrameBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AlbumInfo1FontFamily = Arial
AlbumInfo1FontSize = 12
AlbumInfo1FontBold = 0
AlbumInfo1FontItalic = 0
AlbumInfo1FontColor = #FF0000
AlbumInfo2FontFamily = Arial
AlbumInfo2FontSize = 12
AlbumInfo2FontBold = 1
AlbumInfo2FontItalic = 0
AlbumInfo2FontColor = #FF0000
AlbumInfo3FontFamily = Arial
AlbumInfo3FontSize = 12
AlbumInfo3FontBold = 0
AlbumInfo3FontItalic = 1
AlbumInfo3FontColor = #FF0000
AlbumListGeneralBorderSize = 2
AlbumListGeneralBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumListGeneralBackgroundStyle = 3
AlbumListGeneralBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AlbumListGeneralBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AlbumListGeneralFontFamily = Arial
AlbumListGeneralFontSize = 12
AlbumListGeneralFontBold = 1
AlbumListGeneralFontItalic = 0
AlbumListGeneralFontColor = #FFFFFF
AlbumListSelectedBorderSize = 1
AlbumListSelectedBorderColor = #0000FF
AlbumListSelectedBackgroundStyle = 1
AlbumListSelectedBackgroundColor0 = #6A6EA9
AlbumListSelectedBackgroundColor1 = #888DD9
AlbumListSelectedFontFamily = Arial
AlbumListSelectedFontSize = 12
AlbumListSelectedFontBold = 0
AlbumListSelectedFontItalic = 0
AlbumListSelectedFontColor = #FFFFFF
AlbumListHoverBorderSize = 0
AlbumListHoverBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumListHoverBackgroundStyle = 3
AlbumListHoverBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AlbumListHoverBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AlbumListHoverFontFamily = Arial
AlbumListHoverFontSize = 12
AlbumListHoverFontBold = 0
AlbumListHoverFontItalic = 0
AlbumListHoverFontColor = #FFFFFF
AlbumBackBorderSize = 2
AlbumBackBorderColor = #FFFF00
AlbumBackBackgroundStyle = 5
AlbumBackBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AlbumBackBackgroundColor1 = #FF0000
AlbumBackFontFamily = Arial
AlbumBackFontSize = 12
AlbumBackFontBold = 1
AlbumBackFontItalic = 1
AlbumBackFontColor = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollGeneralHeight = 25
AlbumScrollGeneralWidth = 25
AlbumScrollArrowUpBorderSize = 1
AlbumScrollArrowUpBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumScrollArrowUpBackgroundStyle = 4
AlbumScrollArrowUpBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollArrowUpBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollArrowDownBorderSize = 1
AlbumScrollArrowDownBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumScrollArrowDownBackgroundStyle = 4
AlbumScrollArrowDownBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollArrowDownBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollGrooveUpBorderSize = 1
AlbumScrollGrooveUpBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumScrollGrooveUpBackgroundStyle = 4
AlbumScrollGrooveUpBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AlbumScrollGrooveUpBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollGrooveDownBorderSize = 1
AlbumScrollGrooveDownBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumScrollGrooveDownBackgroundStyle = 2
AlbumScrollGrooveDownBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollGrooveDownBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollHandleGeneralBorderSize = 1
AlbumScrollHandleGeneralBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumScrollHandleGeneralBackgroundStyle = 1
AlbumScrollHandleGeneralBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AlbumScrollHandleGeneralBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollHandleHoverBorderSize = 1
AlbumScrollHandleHoverBorderColor = #FF0000
AlbumScrollHandleHoverBackgroundStyle = 6
AlbumScrollHandleHoverBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AlbumScrollHandleHoverBackgroundColor1 = #FF0000
AudioFrameBorderSize = 2
AudioFrameBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioFrameBackgroundStyle = 5
AudioFrameBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AudioFrameBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioQueueHeaderFontFamily = Arial
AudioQueueHeaderFontSize = 12
AudioQueueHeaderFontBold = 0
AudioQueueHeaderFontItalic = 0
AudioQueueHeaderFontColor = #FF0000
AudioNowHeaderFontFamily = Arial
AudioNowHeaderFontSize = 12
AudioNowHeaderFontBold = 0
AudioNowHeaderFontItalic = 0
AudioNowHeaderFontColor = #FF0000
AudioNow1FontFamily = Arial
AudioNow1FontSize = 12
AudioNow1FontBold = 0
AudioNow1FontItalic = 0
AudioNow1FontColor = #FF0000
AudioNow2FontFamily = Arial
AudioNow2FontSize = 12
AudioNow2FontBold = 0
AudioNow2FontItalic = 0
AudioNow2FontColor = #FF0000
AudioNow3FontFamily = Arial
AudioNow3FontSize = 12
AudioNow3FontBold = 0
AudioNow3FontItalic = 0
AudioNow3FontColor = #FF0000
AudioTimeFontFamily = Arial
AudioTimeFontSize = 12
AudioTimeFontBold = 0
AudioTimeFontItalic = 0
AudioTimeFontColor = #FF0000
AudioListGeneralBorderSize = 1
AudioListGeneralBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioListGeneralBackgroundStyle = 0
AudioListGeneralBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AudioListGeneralBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioListGeneralFontFamily = Arial
AudioListGeneralFontSize = 12
AudioListGeneralFontBold = 0
AudioListGeneralFontItalic = 0
AudioListGeneralFontColor = #FFFFFF
AudioListHoverBorderSize = 0
AudioListHoverBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioListHoverBackgroundStyle = 4
AudioListHoverBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AudioListHoverBackgroundColor1 = #FF0000
AudioListHoverFontFamily = Arial
AudioListHoverFontSize = 12
AudioListHoverFontBold = 0
AudioListHoverFontItalic = 0
AudioListHoverFontColor = #FFFFFF
AudioScrollGeneralHeight = 10
AudioScrollGeneralWidth = 25
AudioScrollArrowUpBorderSize = 1
AudioScrollArrowUpBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioScrollArrowUpBackgroundStyle = 5
AudioScrollArrowUpBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AudioScrollArrowUpBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioScrollArrowDownBorderSize = 1
AudioScrollArrowDownBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioScrollArrowDownBackgroundStyle = 6
AudioScrollArrowDownBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AudioScrollArrowDownBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioScrollGrooveUpBorderSize = 1
AudioScrollGrooveUpBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioScrollGrooveUpBackgroundStyle = 0
AudioScrollGrooveUpBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AudioScrollGrooveUpBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioScrollGrooveDownBorderSize = 1
AudioScrollGrooveDownBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioScrollGrooveDownBackgroundStyle = 0
AudioScrollGrooveDownBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AudioScrollGrooveDownBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioScrollHandleGeneralBorderSize = 1
AudioScrollHandleGeneralBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioScrollHandleGeneralBackgroundStyle = 0
AudioScrollHandleGeneralBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AudioScrollHandleGeneralBackgroundColor1 = #FF0000
AudioScrollHandleHoverBorderSize = 1
AudioScrollHandleHoverBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioScrollHandleHoverBackgroundStyle = 0
AudioScrollHandleHoverBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AudioScrollHandleHoverBackgroundColor1 = #FF0000
AudioSliderGeneralHeight = 10
AudioSliderGeneralRadius = 4
AudioSliderGeneralMargin = 2
AudioSliderGeneralBorderSize = 1
AudioSliderGeneralBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioSliderLeftBorderSize = 1
AudioSliderLeftBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioSliderLeftBackgroundStyle = 5
AudioSliderLeftBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AudioSliderLeftBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioSliderRightBorderSize = 1
AudioSliderRightBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioSliderRightBackgroundStyle = 5
AudioSliderRightBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AudioSliderRightBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioSliderHandleGeneralBorderSize = 1
AudioSliderHandleGeneralBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioSliderHandleGeneralBackgroundStyle = 5
AudioSliderHandleGeneralBackgroundColor0 = #FF0000
AudioSliderHandleGeneralBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
AudioSliderHandleHoverBorderSize = 1
AudioSliderHandleHoverBorderColor = #FF0000
AudioSliderHandleHoverBackgroundStyle = 5
AudioSliderHandleHoverBackgroundColor0 = #FFFF00
AudioSliderHandleHoverBackgroundColor1 = #FFFF00
As I said before, I will optimize that list later, but since there's a lot of variables, it takes a long time to code (not complicted, but time consuming  :hissy:)

Then, I have the others known issues that I have to fix
Code: [Select]
superbigjay 20121031
   Fonts & Colors
InProgress 20130104

superbigjay 20121031
   Randomizer : prevent same song to be played twice in a row.
Todo 00000000

superbigjay 20121218
   Music exclusion folder (to exclude some folder from recursive
   search : simply add those to folderList)
Todo 00000000

superbigjay 20130103
   Update embedded logos for PLAYLIST/EMPTY_SLOT/NO_COVER.
Todo 00000000

RetroBorg 20130124
   Page View with 2 or more empty slots while SCROLL_ALBUM_BY=2.
   Album View with empty slots showing up.
TODO 00000000

RetroBorg 20130206
   Playing around with the Randon Stat mode today.
   I pretty much went through every album in the jukebox adding my favourite songs to the queue.
   I then continually pressed next and watched the number (1) appear after all the songs reached now playing.
   I then decided to let the jukebox run in Random Stat mode and enjoy the tunes.
   Straight away I noticed a lot of songs were coming up way too often and others not coming up at all.
   I decided to just continue pushing the next button to see what the jukebox would select next.
   I then noticed a pattern that certainly didn't appear very random.
   I noticed songs from artists closer to the start of the alphabet kept coming up, in fact no random song from an artist past the letter F.
TODO 00000000
   Possible wrap around?
   STRENGTH_NORMALIZER equation??
   Try with full library

superbigjay 20130206
   random volume keeps going down when random->random
TODO 00000000

superbigjay 20130207
   pause indicator (now message)
TODO 00000000

superbigjay 20130208
   next song don't update the number of song in the queue header
TODO 00000000
All that being said, don't worry, as soon as I complete this, I'll post the release.
Sorry if this take a lonk time...

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline

All that being said, don't worry, as soon as I complete this, I'll post the release.

Hey I'm not worried just keen, I love this jukebox and can't wait to have it look as good as it performs.  ;)

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
- Completed the new Fonts & Colors class (variables, style sheet strings builder, save/load variable to/from file)

The conversion : variable <-> ui form is completed.
The preview is in progress.

After that, I'll need to find 4 templates to get users started.
These will be
- None : this is what you already have (done)
- SkJukeBox : to look like skj (in progress)
- FunkyRed (in progress)
- uroJUKEstyx (in progress) : that will be the one that matches my cab and will be in the orange-yellow-brown colors

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline

The conversion : variable <-> ui form is completed.
The preview is in progress.

After that, I'll need to find 4 templates to get users started.
These will be
- None : this is what you already have (done)
- SkJukeBox : to look like skj (in progress)
- FunkyRed (in progress)
- uroJUKEstyx (in progress) : that will be the one that matches my cab and will be in the orange-yellow-brown colors

Can't wait!' ;D

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
I have some requests for you Jay  ::)

The jukebox I plan on making will be using buttons only, so with this in mind I was hoping there may be some keys that are already mapped for certain functions to perform a similar function in the View Queue mode, thus reducing the amount of buttons one would need.

For example.

R to randomize queue.

Del to remove highlighted song.

C to clear all.

Then for moving songs I was thinking use the up/down button to highlight the song you wish to move, press return to select song, the song would then need a way to show it's in move mode perhaps by changing colour, then by using the up/down keys move song to desired place in queue then deslect with escape key, escape key would then need to be pressed once again to close View Queue if desired.

For moving the song to the top or the bottom of the list perhaps using the left/right keys.

What do you think?

Also, in SK Jukebox there was an option to use the up/down buttons to skip letters when flicking through the albums, can this be an option in uroJukestyx as well?

Cheers.  :cheers:

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
I have some requests for you Jay  ::)

The jukebox I plan on making will be using buttons only, so with this in mind I was hoping there may be some keys that are already mapped for certain functions to perform a similar function in the View Queue mode, thus reducing the amount of buttons one would need.

For example.

R to randomize queue.

Del to remove highlighted song.

C to clear all.

Then for moving songs I was thinking use the up/down button to highlight the song you wish to move, press return to select song, the song would then need a way to show it's in move mode perhaps by changing colour, then by using the up/down keys move song to desired place in queue then deslect with escape key, escape key would then need to be pressed once again to close View Queue if desired.

For moving the song to the top or the bottom of the list perhaps using the left/right keys.

What do you think?

Also, in SK Jukebox there was an option to use the up/down buttons to skip letters when flicking through the albums, can this be an option in uroJukestyx as well?

Cheers.  :cheers:
I'd like to reuse existing keys for the view queue functions:
- up/down : change the song selection
- BACK key (esc by default) : exit the "view queue" (presently hardcoded to ESC)
- NEXT key : to delete the currently played song and go to the next one in the queue.
- RANDOM key : to randomize the queue
- CLEAR QUEUE key : to remove all songs

But I still have to figure how to remap these ones:
- move up/down selected song : RIGHT/LEFT keys
- delete the selected song : REMOVE_LAST key or use hardcoded DEL key?
- move to top/bottom : need 2 keys or 1 key to toggle between move 1 up/dn and move top/bottom ?
Suggestion?

So, I'll think of something and add this functionality to the next release.

For the up/down key used to jump letters, I will also add the option in the config and when enables, it will jump when no song/album is selected (back button hidden).

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
I finally have completed the font/color selection (well almost ...)

- save/load: file <===> variable
- transfer: variable <---> user interface
- live preview

The preview is a scrollable window showing a replica of the jukebox with the customization applied to it in real time.

I still have to:

- simplify the font/color selection: right now the user has too much flexibility to set parameter. For example, he can set different border thickness for the left and right side of the scroll bar groove, which doesn't make sens (look good) and complicates the colors selection for nothing.
- generate 3 button sets (right now, only blue is available)
- generate 3 colors files : no_color, skjukebox style and uroMAMEstyx (one that will match my cab in orange colors)
- fix reported issues.

So stay tuned.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
Sounds great Jay, really like the idea of seeing the customization applied in real time.  :applaud:

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
How's progress coming along Jay?  ;)

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Last week was counter productive.... The wife got a flu and was "out of order" Monday and the daycare was closed unexpectedly. So I had to take a day off at the office leaving me taking all my usual "free time" at work instead of coding the software...

It is now 4h30AM and I'm taking my coffee morning right now. So I should have a few hours to code. I'll post as soon as I get something. Sorry if the this release is sooooo sloooooooooow.  :dunno

Jay

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
Last week was counter productive.... The wife got a flu and was "out of order" Monday and the daycare was closed unexpectedly. So I had to take a day off at the office leaving me taking all my usual "free time" at work instead of coding the software...

It is now 4h30AM and I'm taking my coffee morning right now. So I should have a few hours to code. I'll post as soon as I get something. Sorry if the this release is sooooo sloooooooooow.  :dunno

Jay

No dramas Jay, I'm just an impatient bastard  ;D

I can think of much better things to do at 4:30am than coding, get some sleep mate.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
I can think of much better things to do at 4:30am than coding, get some sleep mate.
Yeah, but another reason was that we got a small snow storm too (25cm yesterday and 12 last night), so I had to pass the snowblower and was also trying to beat the traffic to get to work

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
quick update...

I've simplified the color and font form.
It's almost ready, there's only the scroll bar effect that I'm not completely satisfied.
I'll work on this a bit tomorrow.

I think I should be able to release at the end of next week.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
quick update...

I've simplified the color and font form.
It's almost ready, there's only the scroll bar effect that I'm not completely satisfied.
I'll work on this a bit tomorrow.

I think I should be able to release at the end of next week.

Cool, can't wait.

Happy Easter!

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
What do you think?
- BACK key (esc by default) : exit the "view queue" (presently hardcoded to ESC)
- NEXT key : to delete the currently played song and go to the next one in the queue.

- move to top/bottom : need 2 keys or 1 key to toggle between move 1 up/dn and move top/bottom ?
Suggestion?
Retro, any feedback on this?
Is re-using keys would be ok for you or do you think it would be better to add those new config keys to the configuration form.

I want a good solution, but I don't want to compleify the configuration for nothing ...

Jay

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
What do you think?

Suggestion?
Retro, any feedback on this?
Is re-using keys would be ok for you or do you think it would be better to add those new config keys to the configuration form.

I want a good solution, but I don't want to compleify the configuration for nothing ...

Jay

I would prefer to re-use the same keys like I suggested.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
All right I'll see if I add their own keys or if I reuse existing ones.

If you already have an ideau of the keys (buttons) that you're gonna have on your future juke, could you list them?
I'll see if I can use those ones to match exactly what you want.

But again, i might go with full flexibility and implement new keys... I just have to look at the config panel to see if I can get something clean..

cheer!

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
All right I'll see if I add their own keys or if I reuse existing ones.

If you already have an ideau of the keys (buttons) that you're gonna have on your future juke, could you list them?
I'll see if I can use those ones to match exactly what you want.

But again, i might go with full flexibility and implement new keys... I just have to look at the config panel to see if I can get something clean..

cheer!

I like the idea of full flexibility and implement new keys as long as you can select keys already assigned outside view mode.

Also, I have another request with jump mode, can you make it so the current artist is highlighted so if you push or any letter it clears the current selection and selects the letter currently inputted.

E.g. if you currently have ABBA selected and press the letter "F", ABBA is totally erased and "F" starts the input of a new artist.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers.

Phil

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:22:04 pm by RetroBorg »

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Hey Phil!

I like the idea of full flexibility and implement new keys as long as you can select keys already assigned outside view mode.
All right, I'll go the full flex route then.

Also, I have another request with jump mode, can you make it so the current artist is highlighted so if you push or any letter it clears the current selection and selects the letter currently inputted.
E.g. if you currently have ABBA selected and press the letter "F", ABBA is totally erased and "F" starts the input of a new artist.
Here's what I could do to preserve the functionality I want.

Lets say we have the following artists:
- ACDC
- LMFAO
- Luke Bryan
- ZZ Top

We could have 2 modes of selection:
- entry mode (ABC)
- select mode (mouse click or up/down keys)

When the user uses the entry mode, the artist greater or equal to the string is selected.
Ex:
<EMPTY> ==> first artist is selected (ACDC)
AC ==> ACDC is selected
AD ==> LMFAO is selected because AD>ACDC
L ==> LMFAO
LU ==> Luke Bryan
and so on..

when the user uses the select mode and clicks on an artist, that artist is selected.
If he presses up/down, the previous/next artist is selected.

The mode switches would be controlled like this:

When the form is opened, we are in select mode and first artist is selected.
When the user clicks on an artist, that artist is selected and we switch in select mode
When the user presses up/dn, the previous/next artist is selected and we switch in select mode
when the user presses alpha-num keys (ABC), we switch to entry mode and the string selection is cleared IF we were in select mode.

Right now, I only have the entry mode, but when the jump window opens, it automatically select the first artist, forcing the user to clear the text to enter its string. With the distinction between entry and select modes, that first artist would be automatically cleared when the user starts to enter its string.

Let me know what you think and I'll implement it in a next release (probably not in beta 1.00, but the one after that if I ever want to release that color form  :dizzy:)

As a side note, I have completed the SKJ replica. It's not 100% identical, but it gives the look and will be a good starting point to create your own color schemes.