Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Screen Saver Locks up Dos FE  (Read 2078 times)

Curbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2002, 10:23:09 am
Screen Saver Locks up Dos FE
« on: May 09, 2002, 02:15:09 pm »
I'm running win98, but running a dos FE (using GL and tried a couple others), I've found a couple windows screen savers that i like that will run games and others that will show all the png's of cabinets and screen shots, Great!. But when after the screen saver has been stopped the FE  1. will lose focus (which with out a mouse is a pain) and 2. Locks up the DOS FE's.

Any ideas? other than going to a window's FE
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Screen Saver Locks up Dos FE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2002, 07:47:07 pm »
There are little macros, ect. that you could use to get the focus back, but if it's locking up then your screwed.  As wonderful as GL is, I think it's a travesty to run a win-based cab and not have a win-based fe on it.  Dos fe's are not designed to handle the coding nightmare that is windoze.  Also with the exception of Gl (those font fx's are still  pretty cool) all dos fe's look like, well, dos apps.  Step into the new millennium and give emuwizard, emulaxian, jfront, afx, or that other creepy guyz fe(man he's an --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules-- ;) ) a try.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »