Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: From Goliath to Ghouls'n Ghosts  (Read 1207 times)

Hammerfist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2013, 08:01:25 am
From Goliath to Ghouls'n Ghosts
« on: October 17, 2012, 07:06:17 am »
Some of you might have read my posts about the cab I got a week ago, which is an Electrocoin automatics LTD, Goliath Mk 3. I will be turning this thing in to a Ghouls'n Ghosts cab. Ultimate goal would be of course to have the original PCB there as well, but atm I don't feel like paying 300€ for it (the cheapest I've found it thus far, from inside europe). So basically this one will be GnG outside, MAME inside, until I get the PCB. Considering, I want to have the possibility to add the PCB later, I'll be doing this cab with a J-Pac instead of I-Pac. Regrettably the monitor is busted and I have a TV to spare, so I'll be using a TV as the monitor. With the CP I'm a bit undecided yet, but I'm leaning more to keeping it as it is, so the cab can be used to play other games as well. So no, this project isn't for trying to make a 100% replica, but a look-a-like with a more versatile game play options :).

So for now, until I come up with more or remove something (in no particular order really):
- strip out the unnecessary insides
- install monitor
- install other hardware (J-Pac, PC)
- install software
- create the necessary connectors (Scart - Jamma/VGA connector)
- check / rewire wiring
- paint the cab and other necessary parts
- measure the artwork to fit the cab
- install the artwork
- drink a few beers
- install coin mech
- install other electronics (reject button lamps for example)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:50:34 am by Hammerfist »
My blood type: R