Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MA Favorites - changing the file path  (Read 2371 times)

paulscade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2022, 09:40:35 pm
    • My Arcade Project - Blastoff!
MA Favorites - changing the file path
« on: July 28, 2012, 01:04:58 pm »

I'm hoping someone can help here... (but I get the feeling that I'm out of luck)

I've been running Maximus for some time now.  I recently upgraded my arcade computer to use an SSD instead of the 2 x hard drives that I had previously installed.

I moved copied Maximus over to a new directory structure on the single drive and made necessary configuration changes from the interface.

However... I was not able to change the path names (which changed) of my Maximus favorites.

I checked the favorites .lst files... and they are not text... so I can't edit them directly.

I know that I can delete all of them.... and start from scratch... but I was really hoping that there was a better way.

The issue... how do I update the pathnames of my favorites in MA without starting from scratch?

tkx!

Paul
... Why is it that you always find it in the last place that you look? ...

paulscade

• Offline Offline
Re: MA Favorites - changing the file path
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 08:18:14 pm »
Forget it.....
I bit the bullet... Deleted everything on the list.... And re-entered all the favorites.
... It would have been nice if these lists were simple text files...

vanrose72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2018, 11:19:32 am
MA Favorites - changing the file path
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »
The .lst files can be converted to .txt files by using the free Game List Converter you can download from MA's website here:
http://www.maximusarcade.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=12&Itemid=53

With the converter, it's as easy as dragging the .lst file into the converter window. It saves a .txt file to the same folder automatically. Drag the .txt file back into the converter and it's saved as an .lst file. (The .txt file isn't deleted in the process either.) 

I have used this method many times to edit the pathing of my Games lists. It works like a charm!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:12:43 pm by vanrose72 »

paulscade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 06:45:40 pm »
So easy (if only I had known sooner  :-[ )...... I'll download the converter for the next time.
Tkx!! for the info.

vanrose72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2018, 11:19:32 am
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 09:43:28 pm »
Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until after you had nuked everything and started over!  :-\