Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc Arcade VGA on a linux mame cabinet?  (Read 4991 times)

H2obuffalo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2015, 05:44:04 pm
Ultimarc Arcade VGA on a linux mame cabinet?
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:38:39 pm »
Hi Everybody,

I am working on modding/restoring my Mortal Kombat cab into another mamecab. Before you say yell stop, the cab was previously converted into a silly gun game, so it is not anybody's grail ;) I am going all linux this time so I was wondering if the Arcade VGA by ultimarc will work well in a linux distro like puppy arcade. Will I get all of the low resolution modes do I need to find special drivers etc.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!  ;D

Player 3

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2014, 08:21:49 pm
  • The Alternative Idiot
Re: Ultimarc Arcade VGA on a linux mame cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:27:54 pm »
Now that's a good question. Depending on your distro and RAM amount, the driver will differ. Research sort of points the Arcade VGA being a 512MB Radeon HD 2600 by chipset. What exact distro are you planning on using?

H2obuffalo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2015, 05:44:04 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:23:14 am »
Thanks for the Reply

I have been out of the loop for a while.I had Planned puppyarcade 10 but after fussing about with it I just do not have the know-how to find my roms from the menus. Looks like I am going to try the Groovymame live cd installed on a flashdrive.
Has anybody tried Ultimarcs Arcade VGA on a linux cab? are the low res settings accessable?
I would love to know if anybody has had good results.

sandheaver

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 07:26:52 pm »
Thanks for the Reply

I have been out of the loop for a while.I had Planned puppyarcade 10 but after fussing about with it I just do not have the know-how to find my roms from the menus. Looks like I am going to try the Groovymame live cd installed on a flashdrive.
Has anybody tried Ultimarcs Arcade VGA on a linux cab? are the low res settings accessable?
I would love to know if anybody has had good results.

I'm pretty sure you can drive the video card to do just about whatever you want from Linux... Certainly more is possible than with Windows, Linux drivers being sort of open and all.

Ottie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2013, 05:24:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 05:27:32 am »
@H2obuffalo, did you succeed in running the arcadeVGA with linux and which distribution. I want to do the same thing but can use some tips.