Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hollywood Heat Special (Solved)  (Read 1848 times)

brad808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
Hollywood Heat Special (Solved)
« on: June 30, 2012, 01:14:23 pm »
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I've had this game for the last little while and I can't for the life of me figure out how to activate the top roll under special. I can get the lower roll under special lit by spelling out P-I-N-B-A-L-L but I have no idea about the top one. Worst part is I have the manual for the thing! All it says is awards special when lit.... no hints as to how to get it. I've tried a bunch of different combinations but I'm running out of ideas so hopefully someone that has played it before can point me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:17:30 pm by brad808 »

brad808

• Offline Offline
Re: Hollywood Heat Special
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:23:01 pm »
OK bad news... apparently the top and bottom specials are supposed to both go off at the same time (says klov forum). This is scary because both the light and the switch work properly but the special never gets triggered. Here is a vid to illustrate

So are there any ideas what could be causing a problem like that?

brad808

• Offline Offline
Re: Hollywood Heat Special
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:17:16 pm »
Eureka! Finally figured it out when I was playing tonight. I saw the bottom special light up, then it alternated to the top one and then I lost my ball ;( But even seeing it work gave me hope so I started digging again and realized that it alternates each time one of the lower bumpers is hit.

The manual for this game is awful it really doesn't explain anything...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:18:57 pm by brad808 »