Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MVS-4: AC switch to power supply confusion  (Read 2475 times)

Arcade-TV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2019, 04:50:47 pm
MVS-4: AC switch to power supply confusion
« on: May 31, 2012, 05:46:40 am »
Hey guys,
I got a MVS-4 cabinet a while ago and finally started to work on it.
There where two complete harnesses inside and a lot of cables where a mess so I decided to remove all the wiring and doing it nice and clean.
as for the wiring, that's no problem... what's freaking me out is the power supply and the wire which goes from there to the main AC switch behind the coindoor. These were cut off and even having the wiring diagramm from the service manual, I have no clue how these go together.

Here are some pictures of my situation:
https://picasaweb.google.com/115948745418514736250/MVS4?authuser=0&feat=directlink

can anybody explain to me or show me a picture of his wiring?
Thanks guys, your help is very much appreciated!

-Alex-

edit:
I noticed that I seem to be missing a cable coming from the psu, though the 4Pin-connector leading to the AC switch is present but not connected to my psu.
Maybe I have a different psu model, it seems there is one with external power on/off functionality... Mine does have a button for on/off where the cable should be...
I will see if I can modify this button and connect the leads to it...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:48:42 am by Arcade-TV »

Arcade-TV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2019, 04:50:47 pm
Re: MVS-4: AC switch to power supply confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:35:16 pm »
I got it.
I removed the switch from the psu and connected the leads to the 4pin molex.
works great :)