Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Frustrating i-pac problem  (Read 2138 times)

.trunzx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2013, 10:28:21 pm
Frustrating i-pac problem
« on: April 23, 2012, 11:49:54 pm »
I'm having a strange issue with my I-pac4 that I cannot figure out. Basically I have a 4 player setup, 1 joystick for each, 6 buttons for players 1 and 2, and 3 buttons for players 3 and 4. Each player also has a start button. Anyway my issue is that whenever I try to map the controls I will have 2 buttons bound to 1 key. For example my player 1 UP will also trigger player 3 button 2. Usually its an arbitrary key like J that is bound to 2 of my switches. I've tried programming the ipac but that doesn't seem to work. I have quadruple checked my wiring and it's all in good order. I'm all out of ideas at this point. Anyone have any suggestions?

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
Re: Frustrating i-pac problem
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:07:10 am »
Make sure your ground is really good. Figure out why your i-pac4 won't program. There have been a few duds from what I have read, but most of the time complaints are operator error. If it was a Chinese junk board, I'd blame the board first, but j-pac and i-pac seem to have better quality control.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

.trunzx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2013, 10:28:21 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 12:24:45 am »
Make sure your ground is really good. Figure out why your i-pac4 won't program. There have been a few duds from what I have read, but most of the time complaints are operator error. If it was a Chinese junk board, I'd blame the board first, but j-pac and i-pac seem to have better quality control.

I'll check the grounds again, I have players 1 and 2 on 1 ground, 3 and 4 on another ground.

I should mention that I had it working once by dumb luck. I unplugged it, put it back and programmed and somehow it was fine. Too bad I had to reformat :(. Now, no matter what I do it will always assign 2 switches to 1 keyboard key.

alfonzotan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2023, 08:39:45 am
    • The Cab With No Name
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:12:59 am »
Has that card always worked properly?  A while back several IPAC4's were shipped out accidentally with IPAC2 firmware installed... I got one of them.  Nothing worked until it was flashed with the correct firmware.

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 08:02:40 am »
I'm having a strange issue with my I-pac4 that I cannot figure out. Basically I have a 4 player setup, 1 joystick for each, 6 buttons for players 1 and 2, and 3 buttons for players 3 and 4. Each player also has a start button. Anyway my issue is that whenever I try to map the controls I will have 2 buttons bound to 1 key. For example my player 1 UP will also trigger player 3 button 2. Usually its an arbitrary key like J that is bound to 2 of my switches. I've tried programming the ipac but that doesn't seem to work. I have quadruple checked my wiring and it's all in good order. I'm all out of ideas at this point. Anyone have any suggestions?
For any problems with our products its best to drop me an email at andy@ultimarc.com, we can usually sort things very quickly.

Andy