Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Software that converts mouse movements to keystrokes?  (Read 1409 times)

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
Software that converts mouse movements to keystrokes?
« on: April 04, 2012, 01:20:40 pm »
As the title says, any software out there that could covert (for instance) an increase in the mouse X axis to the input of the right arrow key being pressed?
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2024, 06:22:10 am
  • <insert personal text here>
Re: Software that converts mouse movements to keystrokes?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:32:38 pm »
Auto hot key.  

MouseMove, -1, 0:: Left
MouseMove, 1, 0:: Right

I don't think the above is exactly right but that is on the right track.  You may have to set up polling with a more advanced script.  Check the AHK forums.    

Edit:  I think I was barking up the wrong tree with MouseMove, that would be used to do the opposite of what you want.  Sorry, AHK is still a good bet but you'll have to dig in to find a solution. 

I think that glovepie link might be a better bet.  I haven't used it myself but it looks like it'll do the trick for mapping analog movements to dig. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:49:12 pm by Le Chuck »

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
Re: Software that converts mouse movements to keystrokes?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 04:31:19 pm »
Ah, thanks, I really need to learn AHK, seems like it is the answer to a lot of my questions!

I'm brainstorming on using a mouse hack to control a driving game that defaults to the left and right arrows for steering...
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter