Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

Which of these users best epitomized the spirit of the BYOAC in 2011?

DaOld Man
16 (25%)
Ken Layton
11 (17.2%)
DrVenture
8 (12.5%)
Calamity
14 (21.9%)
Loadman
5 (7.8%)
Andy Warne
10 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: April 06, 2012, 04:31:02 pm

Author Topic: 2011 BYOAC User Choice Awards Forum Contribution category voting poll  (Read 2767 times)

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
Welcome to the 2011 BYOAC User Choice Awards Forum Contribution category voting poll!

Each user gets one vote so choose the user that best fits the broad definition below and really earned your trust and respect.  Feel free to post why you chose a certain user worthy of a pat on the back but don't feel obligated to reveal your vote.  

Forum contributions are defined for this competition as the most helpful forum members who exhibit a dedicated commitment to lending a hand, proffering sound advice, and going out of their way to ensure you can complete an awesome build

This year in the midst of highlighting some great projects we should take the time to highlight the users that help make the BYOAC the great online community that it is.  The following users were nominated by their peers and as such are awarded an honorable mention as one of the best forum contributors of 2011:

Saint & MKChamp, take a bow, you done good!

And now, the confirmed nominees for the 2011 BYOAC UCA Best Forum Contribution in no particular order:

DaOld Man

Ken Layton

DrVenture

Calamity

Loadman

Andy Warne

Rather than hyperlink to a thread of each user showing why they are so valued and respected I thought it better to just open this thread up to congradulatory comments.  The voting is just for fun as all of these users, the nominated and the confirmed, are the reasons why BYOAC is what it is.  Many thanks for doing what you do!

Please be sure and check out the four other categories and cast your vote on each:
2011 Full Size Voting Poll
2011 Software Contribution Voting Poll
2011 Hardware Contribution Voting Poll
2011 Small and Non-Standard Voting Poll
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:36:39 pm by Le Chuck »

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
Re: 2011 BYOAC User Choice Awards Forum Contribution category voting poll
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:06:38 pm »
I just wanted to say that I have personnaly done business with, gotten help directly from, or sorted out conundrums with 4 of the 6 listed and all were awesome to deal with and infinetly helpful.  I am sure the same can be said for the other two as well... otherwise they never would have made the list.  I cast my vote for the user that I have gained the most from but would have gladly cast a vote for each one.  We all like to build awesome stuff and tear eachother apart from time to time but I for one will try to strive to make myself the type of user who could end up on this list someday.  The others are nice recognition but this list I view as truly an honor and you gentlemen are very deserving.   :applaud:   

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:05:32 am »
I love the fact these folks have jumped in and helped me even when I ask dumb questions or am barking up the wrong tree.

Loadman, my MALA layout really made my cab! Thanks for supporting a great program!
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:31:05 pm »
We're a week out from the polls closing on the 2011 BYOAC User Choice Awards and naming this years winners.  Get those votes in if you haven't already.  This has been a public service  :bump for the Forum Contribution Category.