Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help. Windows XP Resolution Issue  (Read 3750 times)

C4N3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2012, 09:25:10 am
Help. Windows XP Resolution Issue
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:06:54 pm »
Greetings Experts,
I am converting an existing cab to MAME. The cabinet has a 25in WG Arcade Monitor that is capable of 640 x 480. I have an ATI graphics card and I've applied Soft15khz. The problem I'm having is that everytime I boot up, Windows XP defaults to 800 x 600 which cause the screen on the monitor to distort. Any suggestions or directions to FORCE windows XP to boot at 640 x 480 without disabling the graphics driver, which I will need to emulate?

I'm using a JPAC to connect to the display and Hyperspin is my FE. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Ansa89

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2016, 10:40:11 am
Re: Help. Windows XP Resolution Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 03:48:01 am »
Well, since this is the "Linux" forum, the answer is:
put you hard disk into the microwave for about 10 minutes at full power, then buy a new hard disk and install linux :laugh2: .

Seriously: imho this is not the best place where ask your question.
Earth could be the hell of another world

C4N3

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2012, 09:25:10 am
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:00:36 pm »
Yeah, I really didn't realize I posted this in the linux forum... I thought I was in the one above this. Oops.

dmarcum99

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2020, 12:02:36 am
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 11:29:53 pm »
download Calamity's EMU CRT drivers if you are using the right ATI card.  Check out the goovymame forum and check it out.  Download the appropriate drivers for your card/OS (32/64bit) and go from there. 

His drivers are excellent and if you research enough in the groovymame forum, you may find yourself ditching soft15khz/mame for Calamity's drivers and groovymame with Hyperspin. 

Good luck!