Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gottlieb EM, weak flipper  (Read 2476 times)

ringram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2021, 05:25:37 pm
Gottlieb EM, weak flipper
« on: January 09, 2012, 06:14:52 pm »
I have a Gottlieb Duotron, early 70's vintage. The right flipper seams weak compared to the left. If may have the same stength in the relay, but when hitting the ball, especially at the top of it's travel, it seams to "bounce". I noticed this also when a ball comes down and hits the flipper when it the flipper is up.

Would this be a problem in the setting of the EOS switch? I was thinking of ordering a flipper rebuild kit.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: Gottlieb EM, weak flipper
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:47:33 pm »

Also eyeball contacts on EOS switch to see if the pad is still intact.  I've seen a few where the cause of that is a contact pad that is mostly gone and it's doing more arcing than connecting.