Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Fps style 3d arcade in Emulaxian :-)  (Read 8442 times)

)p(

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
Fps style 3d arcade in Emulaxian :-)
« on: June 18, 2002, 07:01:20 am »
Ok,

Getting so many requests for a fps style arcade that I will add a basic one in Emulaxian. (MMm I should give the fe a new name now Emulaxian is just a skin.)
It will not be the fancy one I was working on using Havocs real physics...it just give to much problems with the rest of the fe...

it will work something like this:

In the cfg file you setup:
-a 3d model of an arcade
-a list of models and their position within that arcade model
So you will be able to recreate the layout of your the arcade you used to go to back then ;-)
you will be able to move around that arcade in a fps style camera view and look at the models...and bumb against them ;-)
-clicking with the mouse on a model will lauch that game

I have not much time so I will keep it very basic the first time...but suggestions are as always more then welcome  ;D

Peter

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re: Fps style 3d arcade in Emulaxian :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 10:19:57 am »
Cool!  Will you have weapons too?  like a BFA2000 (Big Fu#@ Arcade 2000)?  

How about bad guys?  Like annoying kid that tries to get in front of you before you can start a game?

How about powerups?  Like 'cheat enabler' powerups.

I'm assuming that you will have multiplyer online right?  Then everyone who shoots the same game will automatically get connected to kaillera client?  Plus you should be able to skin your own character (so someone can make a barney patch).  

Rocket jumps should be essential to get to the second floor!

How about strippers in the adult game room like in Duke Nukem?

Secret rooms should be added for those adult games.

If you look around.  You might find a freeware pool game running on the same engine your using... and might be easy to add!

ok really...

I don't know what tools you have...

but the cool ones would be secret doors for adult rooms (for those who have kids)

If there are any online gaming support (added to some) you might be able to setup a game room... and then if two people want to play the same game, it would automatically set them up in kaillera.  This would be a way in the future add... unless the engine has it already.  

random room generation.  Maybe with random banners and flyers on the wall.

rooms built by type.... so you could go into the fighting room and find all the streetfighters and such.  Or maybe all the games with the letter 'A'

The pooltable might really be something you could do.  It's a pretty common to see freeware with source versions to show how to use a 3d engine.  You might be able to find a few games like this and just add them... how cool would that be!

)p(

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 12:29:32 pm »
;D lilwolf

Got the thing running in the fe just a few hours ago  :D

Those custom rooms no problem...the new version of emulaxian is completely skinnable and I have the main 3d arcade allready setup so that it can have a different model and textures for each gamelist. Could easily use the code objects for the fps arcade also.

But the first version will be very basic. The main new feature of the next release will be the skinning system.

One fun thing I allready added (great thing that most of emualaxian's code are selfcontained code objects ;-) ) is that when you approach a cab the video will start playing on that cab. It keeps playing until another cab comes in the line of view close enough. You could also setup a video wall model in a corner of the room...go to that side look at the screen and the movie will start playing!

Pool table have to look into id I can find a director source file for something like that...but that would definately be fun.

Peter

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 04:09:39 pm »
You guys are too much man. lol

New name huh?  How about VirtuaCade?

As for the fps I think it's a wonderful idea but a few suggestions. The pool table thing.... you should have it launch the pool table game of your choice. (Like virtual pool or something similar.)  But why stop there?  Mind you I'm not a 3d game programmer or anything (although I can make a decent 2d game if need be.) but perhaps we could start a project to make several mini games.  Like skeeball for instance..... Everybody loves it, it's in an arcade, and it would make a great trackball game.  How about wack a mole?  The clown shooter games?  The basketball games?  Oh an don't forget that annoying skill crane.  Anyone with 3d gaming experience could probably do this fairly easily and if they were willing they could donate the models from the game to the emulaxian model collection so the representations inside the arcade would look exactly the same.  This would give the illusion of playing the game from within the 3d engine when you actually aren't.  

)p(

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2002, 04:24:41 pm »
You guys are too much man. lol

New name huh?