Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FS: Control and Encoder set.(Joystick/Buttons/Encoder) $32 + Shipping [USA/MN]  (Read 7562 times)

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
I know most people here like to cherry pick their control sets by hand, but I have a deal that might interest at least a few people here. I have a complete control panel set, wiring and encoder board for $32 plus shipping of $5.20 in the US. USPS priority mail. (For international, PM me for a price quote on shipping).

The joystick and buttons are unbranded imports, very much in the style of Japanese arcade controls. I know most of you are Control snobs (as am I), but this would be great for any budget project, quick Christmas gift build, or starter set gift for anyone you want to bring into the hobby. You won’t find a better price for this complete of a set.

Here is everything you get:

The set comes with one 8-way ball top joystick. Although unbranded, is really nice in my opinion. Really sturdy, good throw. Nice and quick. The ball top is standard, but it is overall still a really nice looking joystick.

The set also comes with 8 convex pushbuttons with built in microswitches. (30mm, same size as Happ) While these buttons are nothing to write home about, they definitely get the job done. Anyone who is not a control junkie will not be able to tell the difference between this and any other microswitch pushbutton. The nice perk about these buttons is their low profile. They are much less bulky under the hood without the microswitch jutting out.

The set also comes with one Zero Delay Encoder board. If you haven’t seen my other thread, I have been selling these for $14.75. It’s a great encoder board, USB plug and play. Works with PS3, has autofire and turbo fire functions.

The board also comes with two extra wires, enough for the joystick and 10 buttons. Why would I include the extra wires you ask? So you can hook them up to your NES Power/Reset switch assembly that I am throwing in. I thought you video game geeks might appreciate that one.

The NES assembly comes with a “push on/push off” POWER switch and a momentary RESET Switch, just like a real NES. The Power button can be converted into a momentary switch as well; you just need to pull out a little clip from the switch.

The NES switch assembly also has a built LED light lens. It would be perfect to put a power light up to the lens, and it will shine when the power is on, just like a real NES.

Because I am such a nice guy, I am also throwing in an extra NES power switch assembly. Why? Because I know you guys could find a million uses for them.

So to recap, you get:

1 Zero Delay Encoder Board with USB plug
14 switch wires for the encoder board. 4 for the joystick, 8 for the buttons and 2 for the NES switch assembly.
1 8-way balltop joystick
8 microswitch buttons
2 NES power/reset switch assemblies

PM me if you are interested or have any questions. I have 9 of them right now.

Thanks!
Vigo
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:43:51 am by Vigo »

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
Nice bundle! :cheers:

The Habbler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2017, 02:40:31 pm
Would you be willing to sell the bundle without the boards? I bought 2 boards from you a month back and still have not used them for a project. I like this deal, but already have 2 of your PCBs :)

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
Nice bundle! :cheers:

Thanks, man!

Would you be willing to sell the bundle without the boards? I bought 2 boards from you a month back and still have not used them for a project. I like this deal, but already have 2 of your PCBs :)

Yeah, I can do that. Just subtract out $14.75. I will still throw in the two extra wires. Shipping will be the same, I am sending it all flat rate. So it will be $17.25 + $5.20 for shipping each. Total $22.45.  :)

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
One of these sure would be a nice "thank you" to the guinea pig that bought one of these, tested it, put you in touch with a seller, and gave you the specs on the extra connectors you needed.

Just saying.

So just saying 'thank you' isn't enough?    :P

I only have a handful of these sets, but I do want to say thanks. How about you PM me your address. I would be happy to send you some of the NES switch assemblies free of charge.  :)

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Ordered bundle.   Looks good.  :D

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:19:47 am
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
i just want a lil reset button thingie :(
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
I guess I have enough of those Nintendo switches to sell them individually. I can do 2 for $5 shipped. PM me if interested.  8)

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:19:47 am
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
I guess I have enough of those Nintendo switches to sell them individually. I can do 2 for $5 shipped. PM me if interested.  8)

in addition to the Nintendo button thingies, any chance of me buying 6 of the button wiring harness things with 187 connectors?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
Sorry for the slow response. I can do 6 wires and the 2 Nintendo switches assemblies for $10 shipped.

wizkid32

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2013, 07:27:03 pm
  • Portland Trailblazers, FTW!
Nice package!  I don't suppose you have any other colors?  That would make this a perfect deal! :applaud:
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature and help him on his quest for world domination.

Best,
Wizkid32

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:35:02 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Nice package!

That's what she said...   ;D

shanghaiguide

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 02:37:34 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
@Vigo - Out of interest why are you using those crappy buttons? 
They have better ones, and the pricing is only a few rmb more.

Kicking myself for not getting my ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- together on this, as you're doing what I intended hehe.

Vigo

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
Nice package!  I don't suppose you have any other colors?  That would make this a perfect deal! :applaud:

Sorry, this is the only color set I have. I might offer nicer packages in the future, but this one is really geared towards low cost, so there isn't any color options.

@Vigo - Out of interest why are you using those crappy buttons? 
They have better ones, and the pricing is only a few rmb more.

Kicking myself for not getting my ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- together on this, as you're doing what I intended hehe.

Gee, thanks man.  ::)

The buttons are not great, I have been upfront about that. They work just fine though, they just feel inferior to people who are used to better. The reason I selected these buttons is because they are the standard America/Europe arcade button size. Most every imported button is in the Japanese sizes and styles. The ones that I find for a few rmb more are also only 24mm in size. Most others are the sanwa style pop-ins, which will not work with wood control panels. Most people here use the Happs sized buttons and build their own CP out of wood. Different sizes throw off the standard button layout templates people use.

If someone wants to upgrade their buttons, they can just easily swap out for something nicer, and do so for cheap. If I offered an undersized button, it would throw out the option to put something nicer in it's place. What I wanted to be sure of is the quality of the joystick, which I am very pleased with. Joysticks are always a pain to swap out.

I'm sure if I could freely shop in China, I could find plenty of samples and weigh out the differences, but I don't have that luxury in Minnesota. Finding a manufacturer in China that will directly ship to the US is one beast, but finding someone who will accept a payment that is not through the bank of China is an entirely impossible task. I have had to work through multiple middlemen to accomplish the task. After international shipping, customs fees and middleman fees, every penny counts to still offer a cheap option. Not to mention working on this in the middle of the night to work with China's business hours.

shanghaiguide

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2023, 02:37:34 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Then maybe we should talk.
guess where I'm based out of...

Plus, I already have suppliers for stuff, as I buy all the time.

wizkid32

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2013, 07:27:03 pm
  • Portland Trailblazers, FTW!
Sorry, this is the only color set I have. I might offer nicer packages in the future, but this one is really geared towards low cost, so there isn't any color options.

Too bad!  Might have to get one of these later, if they will be around for a while.  I've been thinking about building a cocktail cab, but I have to finish my bar top first.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:53:40 pm by wizkid32 »
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature and help him on his quest for world domination.

Best,
Wizkid32

bdeshazer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2012, 12:18:11 pm
PM sent, hoping you have a couple of these left...

dustinsterk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2011, 11:08:25 am
Money sent....thanks!

bdeshazer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2012, 12:18:11 pm
Payment sent, thank you!

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Got mine.   Joystick feels good.  Not my favourite button color but they will work fine.  Good package.