Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Flasher question on William DM...  (Read 2032 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Flasher question on William DM...
« on: October 16, 2011, 08:22:03 pm »
Hey,
I'm new to SS pins so go easy if my questions are lame. Anyway, the Demolition Man I'm trying to get up and running has a few flasher bulbs that don't work. I've checked the bulbs themselves and they are fine. Any suggestions on how to diagnose the problem with the ones that won't light up/flash?

Also, I noticed when running the flasher test that most of the playfield flashers have a corresponding bulb on the backglass (they both flash at the same time) - is this normal or is something shorted?

Thanks!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: Flasher question on William DM...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 09:45:30 pm »
Two of the three large red domes near the top of the ramps are failing during the test - and I'm pretty sure they should light up. A few others also. I guess it could be the sockets.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

smartbomb2084

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:41:40 am »
If you look at the solenoid/flasher map on page 2-47 of the manual you will see most of the playfield flashers in this game have a corresponding insert board flasher.

If you don't have a manual for this game then you need to get one.

As for the non working ones.... Check for voltage at the suspect sockets and be sure the coin door is closed or you won't have any flashlamp power.

What are the exact numbers of the flashers in question as they may be related to the 8-Driver Board which is the smallest board in the backbox on the right.

smartbomb2084

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 08:47:00 am »
Are we FLASHING yet?