Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Vanguard control panel  (Read 3074 times)

RUP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 13, 2013, 09:21:12 am
Vanguard control panel
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:46:25 am »
Hi All, Does anyone know how the control panel on a Centuri Vanguard is attached?  It's in the original cabinet and the person I bought it from had a small bolt and wingnut going through the top center to hold it down.  I'm pretty sure this can't be the way it was attached as the sides are pretty loose.  I downloaded the manual and there is nothing in there about this.  Thanks for any help!

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
Re: Vanguard control panel
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:54:30 am »
Photos?

I have an imitation of the Centuri / Sega classic cab design and it does indeed us bolts with wing-nuts. My Gottlieb Juno First is also like this. Maybe time has made it loose, or maybe it's a hack. Show us!
NO MORE!!

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:44 pm »
The 2 Centuri cabs I've had (Phoenix and The Pit) secure the CPs exactly like this.

RUP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 13, 2013, 09:21:12 am
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 08:31:09 am »
Will try to take some photos this weekend.  I just picked up a new control panel as the game was JAMMA'ed and converted to a Twin Eagle II at some point... The control panel that is on there now would need a ton of bondo with 2 Joysticks and 8 buttons on it!  :banghead:

Spyridon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:41:02 am »
Hi All, Does anyone know how the control panel on a Centuri Vanguard is attached?  It's in the original cabinet and the person I bought it from had a small bolt and wingnut going through the top center to hold it down.  I'm pretty sure this can't be the way it was attached as the sides are pretty loose. 

Actually, that is the correct way. 

My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods