Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Inject a custom resolution? winXP  (Read 5249 times)

caskad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2012, 02:48:22 am
Inject a custom resolution? winXP
« on: August 30, 2011, 02:19:58 am »
Hello,

Just wandering if there are a way to inject a new custom resolution (eg: expert mode or something else) into the registry.

reason: 

Mastersystem.. with meka or kegafusion... arcadeosd gives me correct aspect ratio under 256*224 but SMS (50,60 hz) doesn't display correctly.

kega gives me black border left/right
meka small band up and down.

i try to seach, and resolution will be 256*192... i know that it 's not a problem if game ran in 256*224, but i wonder if i can manually inject this?

I test one thing before, just using Vmmaker+ usermodes soft 15khz.txt, create ini takes time, so i copy usermode.txt into modeline.txt during the ini'creation :).

Think it doesn't work ^^

it's just a question :)

cheers

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2024, 04:59:06 am
  • Quote me with care
Re: Inject a custom resolution? winXP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 04:52:57 am »
VMMaker INPUT:

- ReslList.txt: Add here any resolution you want to be calculated and added to the registry.
- mame.xml: Parsed if the ListFromXML option is enabled

VMMaker OUTPUT:

- Modeline.txt: List of modelines created
- ModeList.txt: List of each input resolution with its corresponding output video mode
- DropList.txt: List of video modes that needed to be dropped by the algorithm that trims the mode list
- MameList.txt: List of Mame games with their native resolution
- IniList.txt: List of Mame games with their assigned video mode, in case GenerateInis option is enabled

As for the Master System issue, if you use Kega Fusion, set up expert options like this:

Mode256x240=256,240,60,50,256,240

Make sure that 256x240@60 is available in your system!

Always use the NTSC versions of each game, so they run at 60Hz. According to the documentation that line should also alow PAL games to run fine if 256x240@50 video mode is available, however it always seems to pick the 60Hz mode in my system.

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

caskad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2012, 02:48:22 am
Re: Inject a custom resolution? winXP
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:16 am »
Thx calamity :)

i solved the problem to force gfx=0, perfect then, but thx for resume option ini Vmmmaker !

i will try