Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Please help me program Maximus, LEDBlinky and Ultramap  (Read 1284 times)

notroubleclubber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2023, 04:26:25 pm
Please help me program Maximus, LEDBlinky and Ultramap
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:46:05 pm »
Ive been reading and reading and cant get all the above programs to function together. I can test my leds in ledblinky but i am confused on what inis etc or default maps i need to do.
Im not sure how to setup the command paths to program and reprogram the 2 u360s i use.

I know how to use maximus but not sure how to tie it all in.

Also maximus also only recognises 1 joystick - if i try doing anything with player 2 it still sees it as player 1

thanks

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: Please help me program Maximus, LEDBlinky and Ultramap
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:32:28 am »
As long as LEDBlinky has the correct path to the controls.ini and mame.xml files (on the MAME tab) and the ultrastik option is enabled (on the Misc Options tab), then the app will select the correct map for the joystick(s) when you start each game.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

notroubleclubber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2023, 04:26:25 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:26:08 am »
Many Thanks arzoo for the reply.

I got it working in the end. I relaised when i generated my input map that I had LEDwiz selected instead of UPAC (i am using a pacdrive).
All is now working as well as the joystick programming.

Out of interest, i can tell the joystick is programmed per game for mame as it says it via speech, but does it reprogram it back to 8way to use in maximus once the game exits?

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:53 am »
Out of interest, i can tell the joystick is programmed per game for mame as it says it via speech, but does it reprogram it back to 8way to use in maximus once the game exits?

Yes it does - back to 4way.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:36:32 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction