Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: classic arcade grafix back in printing business?  (Read 2424 times)

rlemmon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2022, 02:54:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
classic arcade grafix back in printing business?
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:02:24 am »
I thought classic arcade grafix went out of business.

classicarcadegrafix.com
Looks like there back and there side art prices are nuts  :dizzy:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:08:44 am by rlemmon »

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
Re: classic arcade grafix back in printing business?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 08:06:28 am »
Interesting ... especially since he is now competing with GameOnGrafix, who paid to buy his art library back when.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

rlemmon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2022, 02:54:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:36:06 am »
Interesting ... especially since he is now competing with GameOnGrafix, who paid to buy his art library back when.

I forgot about scott buying his graphics package. What gets me is that the guy wanys 150 bucks for most of his side art that you can get from game on or elsewere for $60.00 or so. I bought a whole robocop art kit from c.a.g. years ago. The side art and cpo were nice but the maquee was crap. His prices were competitive with scott at that time i guess he got greedy or something.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:18:13 am »
Since reading your post this morning, I have had a look at prices for stuff on the CAG site versus GoG -- specifically prices for art related to the Exidy 440 series of games (Cheyenne, Crossbow, Chiller, etc.).

WOW!

GoG is less than half the price in many instances.

Also interesting to note that some of the artwork on CAG is tagged as "ClassicArcadeGrafix.com Exclusive", even though GoG has the same art (as do those who were part of the BYOAC group buy of the CAG library).

If I decide to go with "standard" artwork on my Exidy 440 Multi cab, I'll be going to Scott (and he was featured in that recent arcade book - not mine, but is a good book and Scott is featured in a blurb as one of the MVPs of the Arcades).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:19:49 am by CheffoJeffo »
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None