Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FS: BYO change machine parts - EASY! [IL USA] **SOLD**  (Read 1932 times)

rockin_rick

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2017, 09:20:20 am
FS: BYO change machine parts - EASY! [IL USA] **SOLD**
« on: May 16, 2011, 07:46:41 pm »
For sale are two coin hoppers.  One is complete and working and the second is incomplete and for spare parts (not sure why you would need them - I really have no other use for it, so you might as well get it as a bonus).  It could be used in a build your own change machine project.  You simply apply +12V DC to +24V DC and the motor runs and spits out quarters, at a rate of 4 per second (@ +24V).  It is rated for +24V, but works on +12V, albeit with less speed.  It has what appears to be an optical coin detector, but I don't know how it works or how to interface with it.  There is also some circuit board 'black box' which I have no idea how it works or what it does.  I was going to build a cabinet for this and simply have a pushbutton on it that when pushed, ran the motor and it would spit out coins until the button was released.  I was going to simply ignore the sensor, or counting the coins spit out.  I suppose that if you could figure out how the sensor worked, you could make it so that it spit out however many coins per button push, like a real change machine.

Only the complete one is pictured, the extra looks just like it and is only missing a few parts off of it.

$20.00 + actual shipping

Thanks,
Rick
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:05:14 pm by rockin_rick »
If I do not respond to your post in a timely manner, feel free to PM me.

Neverending Project

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2015, 10:07:43 pm
    • Arcade Fixer
Re: FS: BYO change machine parts - EASY! [IL USA]
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:21 pm »
I'll take it! PM sent.

rockin_rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2017, 09:20:20 am
Re: FS: BYO change machine parts - EASY! [IL USA] **SOLD**
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:05:28 pm »
Sold, thanks!
If I do not respond to your post in a timely manner, feel free to PM me.