Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala Layout: bug, user error, or something else?  (Read 2006 times)

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
Mala Layout: bug, user error, or something else?
« on: June 05, 2011, 12:47:33 pm »
First off: love Mala, awesome front end.

Second: I am using 1.73, but didn't see this mentioned in the 1.74 bug fixes.

Here's the issue:

I want to make a list that only shows one game name at a time. Basically, it just changes the name on the screen, as opposed to scrolling through a huge list. I can bring "top count" and "bottom count" down to 1, so the list shows three at a time. But when I bring them down to zero, the list works fine, but loses its position in Mala and jumps to the top of the screen.

I've attached images to show how it looks in layout vs in Mala itself. I know I might be using it in ways not intended, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know!
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
Re: Mala Layout: bug, user error, or something else?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 04:57:59 pm »
I think you can change the text color on the selected game versus the ones above and below it.  if so, you could position all 3 names within your black selection box, change the text color to black on the upper and lower list items as a work around, until the real answer comes along.

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 05:53:48 pm »
I think you can change the text color on the selected game versus the ones above and below it.  if so, you could position all 3 names within your black selection box, change the text color to black on the upper and lower list items as a work around, until the real answer comes along.

Brilliant! Worked like a charm- I've used background colors to hide stuff before in web design, don't know why I didn't think of it myself! THANK YOU! :cheers:
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 07:41:36 pm »
Pleased to be of service.  Love to see some photos of the results.