Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - light up fake "player 3"  (Read 1694 times)

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
LEDBlinky - light up fake "player 3"
« on: January 19, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »
Ok, I have LEDBlinky installed and configured.  I have a two player arcade machine.  For all normal games, the buttons light up just fine.   What I am having problems with, is games that use a custom set of controls.   I assume LEDBlinky reads in custom, game specific, cfg controller files also, right?  Not just the default.cfg file?   The reason I ask is this.    There are four player games where I am switching player 2 to be player 3.  Like for NBA Jam as an example.   I don't want to play on the same team as the other person, so I made player 2's controls control player 3.    Now the problem with that is that the player 2 buttons no longer light up when I do this.    How can I get it so that the player 2 buttons still light up correctly for these games?   I wasn't really sure where to start on this.  Any ideas for me?  Let me know if you have any questions or need any clarification!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - light up fake "player 3"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:53:53 am »
After looking over your log - I see you've set the "Control Panel Max Players" to 2 (which makes sense for your 2 player cp). So that's why blinky is not lighting up any P3 (or P4) controls - it just ignores them. Try setting the Max Players to 3 - that should fix NBA Jam and should not have any other adverse affect.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

markronz

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:16:04 pm »
In the controls editor, I changed the default MAME controls, I already had Num Players set to 3.   See attached screenshot.

Is there somewhere else that I have to set it to be 3 besides there?

markronz

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:18:14 pm »
Doh!  Just found it under Misc Options right after I posted that!   Got it now.   I tested it out and it works now!  Thanks so much!