Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Issues with my new space riders machine-pictures attached  (Read 1799 times)

EWHOLTZCLAW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2011, 12:28:21 pm
Issues with my new space riders machine-pictures attached
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:34:51 pm »
ok i hope this works. I have a 1978 atari space riders and i think im having issues with a couple of the boards inside. first this peice here that i have circled is very hot to the touch. Does that mean its bad?

EWHOLTZCLAW

• Offline Offline
Re: Issues with my new space riders machine-pictures attached
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:40:31 pm »
Here is a closer view

EWHOLTZCLAW

• Offline Offline
Re: Issues with my new space riders machine-pictures attached
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:38:12 pm »
Second, here is some pictures of the board that is inside on the left side wall of the machine. the front the back and two pictures of the thing that i think i shorted out. I was trying to test the voltage on it and something popped and all of the lights went out except fot the lights in the back glass. also those four deals look like they got pretty hot for some reason and the back of the board where they sit looks like it got pretty hot. I dont know if the board is any good or not or how to test it to see if it is. also if just some small things on it are bad how would i test that. Im new to this and so im not real familiar with the terminology but i really want to learn how to fix this as its a new hobby that im starting. anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.