Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pinball repair  (Read 2579 times)

stan2323

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 06:05:19 pm
  • Major Retired USS Enterprise Commanding
    • My home page
Pinball repair
« on: December 10, 2010, 09:48:47 pm »
Does anyone know of a pinball repair service in the Savannah area?  I am in Walthouville, near Hinesville and Ft Stewart, and I have a pin that is in need of repair.  The nearest large city where there would be a company that could repair it is Savannah.  If I knew what was wrong with it I could repair it myself but it would take me months to determine what it wrong with it.  It is STNG, short symptoms are at first it would reset during multi ball once in a while.   Then when both flippers were pushed at the same time, now just about any time a flipper or other coil is activated.  It is probably simple but I am just not sure what it is. I have had little luck with Google finding a repair place or determining the problem.

Maybe this thread could become a list of repair service and locations. 

Thanks in advance.

Stan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 09:51:19 pm by stan2323 »
Careful what you wish for you may get it!!
There are 10 kind of people in the world those that understand binary and those that do not!!

JeepMonkey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2012, 01:51:24 pm
Re: Pinball repair
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:46:10 am »
There have been a few threads discussing similar issues.

Maybe start here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=103555.0

Search around, I am pretty sure there are more similar threads.
Pins:  Theatre Of Magic, JP The Lost World, Revenge From Mars

stan2323

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 06:05:19 pm
  • Major Retired USS Enterprise Commanding
    • My home page
Re: Pinball repair
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 09:27:33 pm »
I wound up taking the power board out and sending it to the Coin Op Caldron.   Got it back today and it is working great.  I can see the repairs they made.  Much better than I could have done well worth the money.

http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/brepairs.html

Stan
Careful what you wish for you may get it!!
There are 10 kind of people in the world those that understand binary and those that do not!!