Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Request: Marketing, Documentation, Schematics, etc. (Could be ANYTHING)  (Read 2357 times)

Rick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
Hey ladies and gentlemen,

With the success of asking in this thread (tl;dr version: I E-Mailed id Software for some 'turkey' graphics from Doom 3, and received a response from the graphic artist!) I'm on a high, and wanted to pick the experts' collective brain(s) in the resto threads for your input, and assistance.  I'm looking to find scans or downloads of any 'printed material' which would come with a classic arcade cabinet.  I haven't followed the restos much, shy of the past few weeks, but have noted some threads in which people have referenced wiring diagrams, instruction manuals, and the like.  That is what I'm looking for.  EXAMPLES of what would come with a cabinet, if one ordered it 'fresh from the factory'.

This is, of course, the place to ask.

If anybody has original scans, or a link to where I could get some PDFs, of ANYTHING related to the front-to-back documentation of an arcade cabinet, I would LOVE to have a copy.  It's for my 'not-so-secret' project, but if you've ever followed Pixelhugger's build, you probably already know where I'm going with this.  I would LOVE to find original marketing such as sales brochures, technical information such as installation/service manuals, and even those paper labels you might find inside electronics showing wiring diagrams and the like.  (Obviously, whatever I'm missing out on here, I would LOVE to get your feedback.)  It doesn't matter if it's a 300 pg doc - I'd love to look it over.

Thanks!

:notworthy:

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:35:02 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: Request: Marketing, Documentation, Schematics, etc. (Could be ANYTHING)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:05:28 am »
Check this page:

http://andysarcade.de/battlezone.html

Look about halfway down under Manuals/Datasheets/Technical Info

Several pdf's of service manuals / operator manuals / schecmatics / etc for an Atari Battlezone.  I've used them to work on my Battlezone.

Spyridon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:10:22 am »
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but:

Scans of manuals
More manuals
Backdoor sheet scans
Arcade flyers

My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 09:15:13 am »
Several pdf's of service manuals / operator manuals / schecmatics / etc for an Atari Battlezone.  I've used them to work on my Battlezone.

Awesome, thanks!

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but

Awesome, awesome, awesome and awesome!

Thanks!

;D

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:35:02 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:31 am »
Also, if you look on the left hand side of that page, there are links to more games, same type of stuff on each page.   :cheers:

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 09:50:10 am »
Also, if you look on the left hand side of that page, there are links to more games, same type of stuff on each page.   :cheers:

Many thanks!  (I could read through this stuff for YEARS!)  I've already DL'd over 50MB of info...  Time to start thinking!  Thanks again, everybody!