Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone have trouble getting reg code after paying?  (Read 4236 times)

dmarcum99

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2020, 12:02:36 am
Anyone have trouble getting reg code after paying?
« on: November 19, 2010, 01:56:15 pm »
Wondering if anyone here had trouble getting the reg code after paying for MA?  I had sent $ back on the 12th, never recieved the code, and now I'm kinda ticked-off.

I registered on the MA forum hoping to send a PM or post on the board, but the forum is locked to me.  I can only read and not post.  My PM's ended up going to outbox rather than sent. So I am at a loss....

Without being able to contact mameseer, I had to file a dispute, and suddenly this guy is making claims to have sent it to me!  Obviously I would not file a dispute unless I never got the code....duh!

GameTech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2016, 01:41:14 pm
Re: Anyone have trouble getting reg code after paying?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 04:13:31 pm »
I know what you mean.  I had to actually track him down through his place of employment.  Then he finally responded with my keycode.   Mameseer was once a great person to deal with, fully involved in his product, and has since failed epic style as a human being and business person.

It's a shame... excellent program with so much potential and more... yet it has fallen flat on its face, working its way to the murky depths.

Good luck.

Greetings From The Lord Humongous!

UFO8MyCow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2024, 12:26:27 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 08:29:28 pm »
This is not what I want to hear. I just about have everything set the way I want it in the trial period and now I am starting to realize that I may be screwed and have to start over again with another FE that will have its own quirks.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:31:18 pm by UFO8MyCow »

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:12:39 am »
This is not what I want to hear. I just about have everything set the way I want it in the trial period and now I am starting to realize that I may be screwed and have to start over again with another FE that will have its own quirks.

MA is worth the time and effort to get your reg code.  Don't give up.

dmarcum99

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2020, 12:02:36 am
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 02:07:59 pm »
Just an update to my purchase....

mameseer was unable to show proof that he sent me a code.  PAYPAL ruled in my favor and I got my money back.

It's a shame really...I kinda liked the trial version and I had already paid spacegoogie $5 for his MA HD theme.  I guess being out $5 is better than being out $30.   

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:09:56 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 02:21:01 pm »
He wasn't willing to send you another code?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

shateredsoul

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 04:44:58 pm »
$30!? wow, wasn't it 20 before?

Garza

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2015, 10:53:29 am
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 10:30:39 am »
I am having trouble too :cry: I played with the trial and its a great frontend however I had to email him to let him know and I am hoping that he will respond with the reg code too! :dunno we will see and I will let you guys know. Not mad or anything, just conserned right now after the posts I read here. Hopefully it will be positive...

Garza

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2015, 10:53:29 am
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 11:09:41 am »
 :soapbox: Well I still have not heard anything from Maximus Arcade  :banghead: I only have ONE day left on the trial! I emailed them again and still waiting on a response  :cry: So I dont know what to do anybody have ANY Ideas? I already paid and REALLY happy with the FE just the Reg code would be really nice.... :dunno I will keep you informed! :badmood:

shateredsoul

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 03:25:24 pm »
If you paid with paypal file a claim, if you paid with credit card file a claim with your credit company, and maybe file something with the better business bureau?

jipp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2016, 07:29:49 pm
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 09:22:18 pm »
:soapbox: Well I still have not heard anything from Maximus Arcade  :banghead: I only have ONE day left on the trial! I emailed them again and still waiting on a response  :cry: So I dont know what to do anybody have ANY Ideas? I already paid and REALLY happy with the FE just the Reg code would be really nice.... :dunno I will keep you informed! :badmood:

im been researching front ends.  as i have no clue what i need or want in one.  at any rate, when i was doing a google search.  lots of negative things have come up about the problem you are having. 
if you have not received your code yet.  i would take teh steps into getting your money back.  hopefully you got the code tho.. that would be the best. as you seem happy with the front end.

good luck.  ( in this day and age,  your past follows you on the web.. )

chris.