Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WTB: Hyperspin config (NO ROMS)  (Read 15464 times)

Rturb0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 08:57:28 pm
WTB: Hyperspin config (NO ROMS)
« on: October 20, 2010, 12:58:35 pm »
Ok I am not looking to buy a complete MAME setup or a complete set of ROMs or anything ridiculous (or prohibited)

I am just looking to pay for a Config - I stink at configs, and dont have the time.

Here's the wheel setup that I need:

MAME
DAPHNE
NES
SNES
N64
Genesis
GBA
CPS3 emulator
Dreamcast Emulator
Zinc emulator

Again, I dont want any ROMS, I just want a setup with instructions on how to layout the directories and how to populate the games lists once I populate the directories with my ROMS.

Let me know if you have something like this and how much you'd want.

Thanks!

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:16:49 pm
Re: WTB: Hyperspin config (NO ROMS)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:10:04 pm »
dont be lazy, .......or post this at the hyperspin forums.....

Rturb0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:54:58 am »
Don't pretend to KNOW ME. I work 2 jobs, one of which is my own business that I put in well over 100 hours a week for. It doesn't make me lazy if I want to buy something rather than take the 12 months necessary to build it all myself. I like to PLAY games when I have free time, too.

However, thanks for the tip, if there is a place over at the HS forums for this, I will be sure to put it there, too.

WhereEaglesDare

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2014, 08:47:08 pm
  • Shut Off All The Compactors on the Detention Level
    • My HomePage
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 03:53:01 am »
he wasnt meaning to insult you and he wasnt being sarcastic.  He said DO NOT POST THIS ON HS.  You will not get the response you are looking for.  Just read the FAQ, goto EmuMovies, download the videos and clips, and snaps, and just set it up... itll take a few hours if you get an understanding of it, and you have to setup the XMLs for which you need  Roms first inorder to set it up.

Its a lot of work but if you want to use Hyper Spin then it is worth it to know how it works.

and Dont be lazy.

:tool:

Rturb0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 10:42:35 am »
My request still stands, except to the guys who obviously don't get it.

to paraphrase -
Me: "Would be willing to pay someone for the time they took getting Hyperspin completely setup as I am short on time"
JA#1: "Don't be lazy"
Me: "I'm not lazy, I don't have TIME to do it (i.e. like the people who have time to troll a simple purchase request), and I would rather play games"
JA#2: "He wasn't being a jerk, but I will! Go spend hours downloading and configuring, the exact thing you said you dont have time to do! Because if you dont, I will call you lazy!"

I love internet forums ;)

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 11:50:53 am »
The thing is ,my friend, that this is a hobby, not a a business, thats why mame,hyperspin,emumovies,and all related its free, you need to spend time to get such a nice system like the one you pretend to get, obyusly you know the rules, thats why you dont pretend to pay for roms, so being that busy like you say you are, if you get such a nice package withouth roms, then you will still need time to download all of the correct roms, if you have them allready,then it means you do have the time to get all of the rest, but you are simply lazy to build just a nice system, i have been a fan of the hyperspin system for a while now, and i think its an insult for bad boy bill to offer money for somenthing you can download in a snap at the hyperspin site, BBB deserves a reward for creating such a nice front end. Go donate so you can get all of the godies, also youll need to donate to emumovies to get the vids as well. And thats asuming that you have all the roms for all the systems you want setup, wich i doubt, cus if you like to play games in your spare time, then you dont need a front end to play them, I THINK YOU JUST WANT A FANCY SYSTEM FOR CHEAP WITHOUT THE HARD WORK
you allmost sound like a rich kid, that believes that money can buy anything,stop working so much and start enjoyining life.........

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:03:55 pm »
The thing is ,my friend, that this is a hobby, not a a business, thats why mame,hyperspin,emumovies,and all related its free, you need to spend time to get such a nice system like the one you pretend to get, obyusly you know the rules, thats why you dont pretend to pay for roms, so being that busy like you say you are, if you get such a nice package withouth roms, then you will still need time to download all of the correct roms, if you have them allready,then it means you do have the time to get all of the rest, but you are simply lazy to build just a nice system, i have been a fan of the hyperspin system for a while now, and i think its an insult for bad boy bill to offer money for somenthing you can download in a snap at the hyperspin site, BBB deserves a reward for creating such a nice front end.
That's one looooong sentence.  :dizzy:

I think Rturbo's point is fair.  He just wants it setup for him and he'll compensate someone for their time.  He's not the first person to post a request like this and I'm sure he won't be the last.  What's the difference between this and a guy who offers someone a case of beer to recap his monitor or to replace a hard drive?  It's about skill sets, time to work, comfort level etc.  If he wants to do it and someone will do it for him, let it go.  It doesn't affect you guys so save the high moral ground for another thread.

Or to put it in context of Saint's rules, don't thread crap.

newkillergenius

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2013, 03:48:35 pm
  • A mind is a terrible thing to taste.
    • The Mystery Revealed!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 02:20:23 pm »
RturbO, I don't mind helping you out.  If you still need help, feel free to PM me or mail me at newkillergenius@gmail(dot)com.   
But do try to be a little more understanding of this forum- for the most part we are 'Sincerely Sarcastic' .   :lol

Don't ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- where you eat, my friend.

Rturb0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 10:01:51 am »
The thing is ,my friend, that this is a hobby, not a a business, thats why mame,hyperspin,emumovies,and all related its free, you need to spend time to get such a nice system like the one you pretend to get, obyusly you know the rules, thats why you dont pretend to pay for roms, so being that busy like you say you are, if you get such a nice package withouth roms, then you will still need time to download all of the correct roms, if you have them allready,then it means you do have the time to get all of the rest, but you are simply lazy to build just a nice system, i have been a fan of the hyperspin system for a while now, and i think its an insult for bad boy bill to offer money for somenthing you can download in a snap at the hyperspin site, BBB deserves a reward for creating such a nice front end. Go donate so you can get all of the godies, also youll need to donate to emumovies to get the vids as well. And thats asuming that you have all the roms for all the systems you want setup, wich i doubt, cus if you like to play games in your spare time, then you dont need a front end to play them, I THINK YOU JUST WANT A FANCY SYSTEM FOR CHEAP WITHOUT THE HARD WORK
you allmost sound like a rich kid, that believes that money can buy anything,stop working so much and start enjoyining life.........

All you've done with all of your assumptions (and your spelling) is make yourself look like a smart-mouthed adolescent.

Just a couple notes -

1. I'm not your friend, nor will I ever be.
2. I sound like a rich kid? Why because I work hard and use proper spelling and punctuation?
3. I have donated to BBB, I pay for emumovies and donate to every site I get the opportunity to (Including VPForums for Virtual Pinball).
4. Where in my post did I ever say I wanted something CHEAP? I believe I said I would pay someone for their hard work. Another one of your baseless assumptions.
4. I guess in your world I can't pay someone to do something I can't do or don't have the knowledge or time to do myself. I suppose if I have a plumber come fix a toilet for me, I am being LAZY? WTFE...

Thanks to those of you who get my request, I am man enough to admit I suck at configuring Hyperspin, I don't have to live with it that way.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 12:18:38 pm »
chillout my friend, this is an international forum , not everyones first lenguage its english, so sorry for my bad spelling or grammar, and if you fell offended, i aoplogize for that..... but i still think it is way better to build your own stuff rather then buying from someone allready has theyr own setup ready. You see if these where a car customise hobby, you buy parts and assemble them yourself until you get a nice car, you dont just buy a pimp out car out of the box, (althought you can) but the fun itself comes from getting your hands dirty, good luck in your project anyway.....  :cheers:

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 01:52:20 pm »

All you've done with all of your assumptions (and your spelling) is make yourself look like a smart-mouthed adolescent.

Just a couple notes -

2. I sound like a rich kid? Why because I work hard and use proper spelling and punctuation?
3. I have donated to BBB, I pay for emumovies and donate to every site I get the opportunity to (Including VPForums for Virtual Pinball).
4. Where in my post did I ever say I wanted something CHEAP? I believe I said I would pay someone for their hard work. Another one of your baseless assumptions.
4. I guess in your world I can't pay someone to do something I can't do or don't have the knowledge or time to do myself. I suppose if I have a plumber come fix a toilet for me, I am being LAZY? WTFE...

Thanks to those of you who get my request, I am man enough to admit I suck at configuring Hyperspin, I don't have to live with it that way.

I think that was a great reply.  :lol I would have said something along those lines myself! Besides, paying other people to do stuff is the American way!  ;D I should know, Im american!

And going to the custom car analogy, that doesnt really apply. My friends and I built a car from scratch, but we didnt make all the parts ourselves. For example, we had nothing to do with the seats, we contracted an upholstery dude to make em for us, and he installed them and everything. Whats wrong with that? Its just the front end too, its not like its the PC or the cab, or the controls or anything. Its all good though.  :cheers:
Pictures are overrated anyway.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 12:42:08 am »

Just a couple notes -

I think that was a great reply.  :lol I would have said something along those lines myself! Besides, paying other people to do stuff is the American way!  ;D I should know, Im american!

And going to the custom car analogy, that doesnt really apply. My friends and I built a car from scratch, but we didnt make all the parts ourselves. For example, we had nothing to do with the seats, we contracted an upholstery dude to make em for us, and he installed them and everything. Whats wrong with that? Its just the front end too, its not like its the PC or the cab, or the controls or anything. Its all good though.  :cheers:
Well, it depends on the way you look at it, think on  the seats as the guys who dumped the roms, or the guy who created hyperspin, and what would be the fun if i had the mame team and bad boy bill building a system for me?

lodoss118

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2023, 12:18:30 pm
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 05:53:26 am »
Hi i also would like a service like this, i don't really have time to setup hyperspin and need the basic including mame theme. I am also willing to pay if needed :).

davieboynj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2011, 01:32:09 am
  • Eating your legs solves lifes little problems.
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 03:10:57 pm »
Normally, i would probably rip a thread like this as well, but I've also tried to configure hyperspin myself and it aint easy to get all the stuff downloaded, and the launcer configured the way you want.  getting the movies is a complete exercise in futility. 

good luck.  I'd offer my configuration up once i get it finalized, but i'm only looking for mame to work.  :(

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 07:06:42 pm »
Okay Okay, I'll bite.  How much you looking to pay for a fully set up hyperspin?  You have to understand that this will have to be on a HardDrive and shipped to you as opposed to downloaded because it will be such a large setup.

adidas1984x

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2023, 07:14:53 am
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 08:30:29 am »
Im down too I need help and would just be easier

newkillergenius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2013, 03:48:35 pm
  • A mind is a terrible thing to taste.
    • The Mystery Revealed!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 10:00:23 am »
Okay Okay, I'll bite.  How much you looking to pay for a fully set up hyperspin?  You have to understand that this will have to be on a HardDrive and shipped to you as opposed to downloaded because it will be such a large setup.

C'mon then, you guys that need help lets get the frickin' ball rolling!  

Don't ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- where you eat, my friend.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 12:08:47 pm »
ive been thinking about'it and this starts to sound good......and i just wonder, killergenius and whereeaglesdare, how much do you guys charge for this service? with harddrive and without harddrive, send me a pm.... :cheers:

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 04:09:57 pm »
If you guys are having trouble with Hyperspin and you are pulling your hair out I URGE you to at least try GameEx.  I fooled with HyperSpin for a while and get tired of always having to fix something on it and tried GameEx and it is simply the best.

GameEx has an amazing setup wizard that walks you through everything and is super easy and looks great.  You can customize your GameEx layout with ease as well, I am using a Back to the Future theme.  I have it playing different sound clips from the movies and everything and it took less than an hour to make the layout.  GameEx also is updated regularly and the people here and at the GameEx forums are very knowledgeable and eager to help.

GameEx also has a built in attract mode that will play internet radio when a game is not being played, which is awesome.  You can have it playing music when you aren't using it just to have some background noise.  The attract mode can also play through your favorite MAME games for a couple of minutes each to act as a screensaver while playing music.  It also has a lot of HTPC functions allowing you to watch movies on your cab.

Also HyperSpin is more processor intensive than GameEx which, depending on your system specs, can leave you wanting with your hyper spin experience...

Rturb0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 07:31:51 pm »
I was expecting a couple hundred bucks ($200-$250), sent on an external HD. I've gotten a few offers but haven't heard back from the guy I wanted to do it.

BurgerKingDiamond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2021, 11:12:14 am
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 02:37:10 pm »
why give this guy a hard time? he's not asking for roms. It's a pain in the ass to set up a front end to get it really looking nice. I'm not saying it's particularly dificult, but it is time consuming and boring. Just make a copy, take out all the rom folders and give him the rest. If you already have it setup then it's not going to take much effort from you.

I would offer but I gave up on hyperspin because I got bored with it.
-Welcome to the Fantasy Zone.

BurgerKingDiamond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 02:42:29 pm »
If you guys are having trouble with Hyperspin and you are pulling your hair out I URGE you to at least try GameEx.  I fooled with HyperSpin for a while and get tired of always having to fix something on it and tried GameEx and it is simply the best.

GameEx has an amazing setup wizard that walks you through everything and is super easy and looks great.  You can customize your GameEx layout with ease as well, I am using a Back to the Future theme.  I have it playing different sound clips from the movies and everything and it took less than an hour to make the layout.  GameEx also is updated regularly and the people here and at the GameEx forums are very knowledgeable and eager to help.

GameEx also has a built in attract mode that will play internet radio when a game is not being played, which is awesome.  You can have it playing music when you aren't using it just to have some background noise.  The attract mode can also play through your favorite MAME games for a couple of minutes each to act as a screensaver while playing music.  It also has a lot of HTPC functions allowing you to watch movies on your cab.

Also HyperSpin is more processor intensive than GameEx which, depending on your system specs, can leave you wanting with your hyper spin experience...

I haven't used GameEx, so I don't know how it compares to Hyperspin. Personally I think Hyperspin is easy enough to understand and configure conceptually. I watched some tutorials and it all made sense. The hard part is downloading all the images/themes/movies and crap to populate it. I worked at it for about a week, and got so over it..

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 04:57:50 pm »
i know this its a dead threat, but still, think about'it , you send this lazy ass guy a hardrive full of setups with no roms, YEAH RIGHT, like selling a mame cab on ebay "with no roms"......even if you send them a hard drive with no roms, he will have a hell of a time trying to match all of the roms for all of the systems. if he dosnt have the time to set up a system , i doubt he will make time to sort roms the correct way for hyperspin.

BurgerKingDiamond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 06:09:49 pm »
just for the sake of argument... If he downloaded an official romset, then all of the names would be correct and there would be no need to sort them, in other words they would match what it is in the .xml databases already. He could just drop in the roms folder into the correct place.

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 01:55:39 pm »
BKD what did you end up using?

My next cab may have HS on it, but chances are it will have GameEx on it too because GameEX is AWESOME

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 02:18:10 pm »
damn WED, do you have stock in Gameex or something?  :lol Youre plugging them so hard! Im actually thinking of trying it since you claim its so awesome!  ;D
Pictures are overrated anyway.

Donkbaca

• Our reptillian overlords would be pleased
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2012, 06:28:10 pm
    • Slim built MAME/Xbox cab
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 02:26:17 pm »
I like Gameex. Easy to use. good for old PC's too

BurgerKingDiamond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 02:35:55 pm »
I'm using HS right now. I don't know anything about GameEx. I'm sure it's good though. HS does seem to be a little slow to start up, and I have to skip the intro video because it doesn't play smooth. But then again I'm using a POS computer.

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 05:54:09 pm »
I'm using HS right now. I don't know anything about GameEx. I'm sure it's good though. HS does seem to be a little slow to start up, and I have to skip the intro video because it doesn't play smooth. But then again I'm using a POS computer.

Thats one of my main issues with HS, you have to have a PC that is 10 x more powerful than nessacary for MAME.  I run my cab on a 2 GHz P4 512 RAM and a Geforce 6800 card.  HS would make my cab ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- its pants...  I have a PC that is a lot better and I use it to play COD and UT3 on LAN Parties and it has problems running HS.  Why would you really NEED a dual core processor for MAME cab?

HS is nice, extremely nice, it is the Sedan DeVilles of front ends, big and beautiful, may not run too fast but gets you where you wanna be in style, when GameEx is more like the Honda Civic of the front end world, runs fast, easily customizable, you can put underglows on it, and works great with older hardware.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:56:07 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

BurgerKingDiamond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 10:07:49 pm »

Thats one of my main issues with HS, you have to have a PC that is 10 x more powerful than nessacary for MAME.  I run my cab on a 2 GHz P4 512 RAM and a Geforce 6800 card.  HS would make my cab ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- its pants...  I have a PC that is a lot better and I use it to play COD and UT3 on LAN Parties and it has problems running HS.  Why would you really NEED a dual core processor for MAME cab?

HS is nice, extremely nice, it is the Sedan DeVilles of front ends, big and beautiful, may not run too fast but gets you where you wanna be in style, when GameEx is more like the Honda Civic of the front end world, runs fast, easily customizable, you can put underglows on it, and works great with older hardware.

hahaha, I like your analogies.

mytymaus007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 09:58:40 am
  • http://gameroom.atozmicro.com
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 11:41:46 pm »
Ok I am not looking to buy a complete MAME setup or a complete set of ROMs or anything ridiculous (or prohibited)

I am just looking to pay for a Config - I stink at configs, and dont have the time.

Here's the wheel setup that I need:

MAME
DAPHNE
NES
SNES
N64
Genesis
GBA
CPS3 emulator
Dreamcast Emulator
Zinc emulator

Again, I dont want any ROMS, I just want a setup with instructions on how to layout the directories and how to populate the games lists once I populate the directories with my ROMS.

Let me know if you have something like this and how much you'd want.

Thanks!

Did you get your HS set up yet I wanted to thank you for this thread. I wanted to pay someone to configure HS but decided to look into it my self and was suprisingly sorry i didnt do it sooner. It was actually pretty easy to do.  Im happy i did it my self if you have some one set it up it might be fustrating later on if you want to do any updates or add anything to the set up. Its what makes this hobby so great. Anyone can buy a cab or JAMMA set up but its when you build it from the ground up what make it worth it.

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 09:14:55 pm »
I wanted to pay someone to configure HS but decided to look into it my self and was suprisingly sorry i didnt do it sooner.

It was actually pretty easy to do.  Im happy i did it my self

Its what makes this hobby so great.

Anyone can buy a cab or JAMMA set up but its when you build it from the ground up what make it worth it.

+1

no

+100

mytymaus007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 09:58:40 am
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 09:38:09 pm »
I wanted to pay someone to configure HS but decided to look into it my self and was suprisingly sorry i didnt do it sooner.

It was actually pretty easy to do.  Im happy i did it my self

Its what makes this hobby so great.

Anyone can buy a cab or JAMMA set up but its when you build it from the ground up what make it worth it.

+1

no

+100

Whats that mean
=1

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 07:53:12 pm »
for those who use a pentium 4 pc with hyperspin and its kind a slow, try setting hyperspin quality to the loewst , and then it will run fast and good,also still looks nice.