Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Elotouch help needed, what cable and drivers should i use?  (Read 1717 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2024, 08:00:52 pm
Elotouch help needed, what cable and drivers should i use?
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:53:30 pm »
Thanks for reading, a friend of mine gave me this small touchscreen elo monitor , its an et1224l model, i tried the regular drivers i found at http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld.asp (XPU487) but they didnt seem to work, so i was wondering if maybe im using the wrong cable, i had one serial null cable laying around, wich i tried with no luck, can anyone recomend me a cable to use and the correct drivers, thanks for any help, and heres a link of the monitor im talking about, thanks again.
http://www.elotouch.com/Products/Discontinued/LCDs/1224l0604.asp

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: Elotouch help needed, what cable and drivers should i use?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 09:56:30 am »
I think you need the older driver from the unsupported archive.  Windows xp serial  sw500813.exe.

The cable used afaik is a normal serial cable not a null modem cable. The null modem cross links your rx and tx and probably is a problem.
The newer driver may even work with the proper cable.

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2024, 08:00:52 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 09:07:03 pm »
I think you need the older driver from the unsupported archive.  Windows xp serial  sw500813.exe.

The cable used afaik is a normal serial cable not a null modem cable. The null modem cross links your rx and tx and probably is a problem.
The newer driver may even work with the proper cable.
it was just the cable, the driver works fine, i bought a regular serial cable and all works just fine, now im gonna build a mini jukebox with that monitor, thanks for the advice Boba.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 10:12:02 pm »
Glad it worked out.  Looking forward to see your mini jukebox.