Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Quick and dirty way of making misfit mame work in MA (no batch files)  (Read 3087 times)

boogieman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2019, 05:35:48 pm
  • advancedspuds.com
    • advancedspuds - your source for spudgun information
There are some issues, but with a little theme tweaking and such, it would be SEAMLESS!

Just find something you don't use (I chose the Texas Instruments).  In your Configuration tab, just select the emulator you don't use (I'll call it TI from now on).  Now for the TI emulator, point to the Misfit MAME exe.  It may automatically set up your other media locations depending on your setup.

Thats it... Force rescan and give it a play!

I think this is more elegant than batch files, at least for me, because I can't get them to launch individual games in MisfitMAME.

Now for the theme tweaking, obviously, you will need to redo the screen and images for the TI emulator and associated artwork. 

:afro:  OH YEAH!  :cheers:

Bender

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2016, 08:12:21 pm
    • Happ to Tron Conversion tutorial
Re: Quick and dirty way of making misfit mame work in MA (no batch files)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 10:02:00 pm »
great idea!

just adjust the emu graphics in MA theme editor and you'd never know there wasn't a MisfitMame emu built in