Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Re: Is there a way to make pics of FP Tables for Maximus? (Workaround Found)  (Read 3803 times)

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Just a short question.   I have future pinball working in Maximus Arcade but would like to get the tables to show when I am on the game selection screen.  Is there any source for the pics of these tables?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:19:33 pm by BobA »

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Simply set a screen capture key in the preferences (Ctrl-P). Make sure you save the key configuration. Then while in the emulator, press the key you assigned and you will hear a camera sound. When you exit back to the front end you'll see the screenshot.

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

BobA

• Offline Offline
  • What Me Worry?
Thanks DeLUSioNal I tried it but all it stores for the table is a blank screen.  That is what shows up instead of image not available in the display.  Any ideas?

BobA

• Offline Offline
  • What Me Worry?
Re: Is there a way to make pics of FP Tables for Maximus? (Workaround Found)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 03:14:34 pm »
Update - I tried VPinball, Mame, PC Engine and they worked fine.   I am using the 9 key.

FPinball just produces a black screen when the capture key is pressed.  Only FP seems to be acting this way.

Tried it in W7 32 bit and 64 bit.

Edit:  Not solved but using FRAPS as a work around to produce the screen captures.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:22:54 am by BobA »

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:24:36 am »
So my educated guess is that the screenshot function is working but it's not saving properly to the folder.  Go to your preferences and check the setting that says "path to media" and change it to "long".  Then rescan media.  Try entering Pinball table and hitting the screenshot key.  Exit.  Let me know if that helps.

I checked my settings and here's what I have mine set to:
-  Running Windows XP 32 bit
-  Maximus Arcade ver 2.10
-  Future Pinball ver 1.9
-  In preferences --> emulator config tab --> Future Pinball --> Window State:  minimized -->  Path to Media:  long --> Command line:  /open %file /play /exit

Let me know what you find.

- D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

BobA

• Offline Offline
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 11:59:11 am »
Have mine set exactly the same way except I am using W7 64 bit.  The screens are actually being put into the snapshot directory and have the proper name but they are blank.   I have a screen shot showing how they look.  This is not a real problem for me as I am about 3/4 thru my tables using FRAPS to take one screen at a time and then converting to png.

Thanks for you assistance.