Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: You have to be careful with Bob Roberts!  (Read 1306 times)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
You have to be careful with Bob Roberts!
« on: August 09, 2003, 02:40:48 am »
It all started of so innocently. I was just browsing his site, and I noticed a Kangaroo monitor glass for $12. I thought to myself "I have a Kangaroo, a spare glass would be nice to have just in case".

$12

Then I noticed a Willis Asteroids control panel overlay for $7. I thought "Hmm, I could add an Asteroids panel to my swappable panel cabinet". So I emailed Bob, and also inquired about long handled Wico leaf switch joysticks.

Bob, noted that the Willis overlay had the bottom 2" of the black part cut off, and dropped the price to $5. He indicated he had rebuilt long handled Wicos with new shafts for $20 each.

I opted for a pair of the Wicos, along with the other two items.

$57

Before I finalized my order, I decided to browse a bit more. Finally adding 2 sets of player 1/2 start buttons $6.40, a pair of stiff springs for Happ joysticks $2, a 3" trackball mounting plate $10, and then I decided to order some more buttons, even though I just bought 15 from Peale, 10 white buttons, $14.50

$89.90 plus shipping.

And I didn't even mean to order anything!  ;D
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Ledbetter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2005, 08:13:19 pm
Re:You have to be careful with Bob Roberts!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 09:24:29 am »
 Nice deal.  Are the rebult Wico's something he has alot of?  Did he replace the rubber grommet? $20 for a Wico with a new shaft and possible new grommet is worth if for someone looking to build a classic cp.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re:You have to be careful with Bob Roberts!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2003, 10:13:02 am »
I don't think they are something he has a lot of.

I grab them from the warehouse as needed, break them down, clean and build
them back up with new SS red ball shafts for $20 each as needed. I only use
the true old Wico's & not any of the plastic imports that were so prevalent
in the 90's.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.