Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: confusing info: its 2010 whats the best keyboard encoder for fighting games?  (Read 4056 times)

asteriskmonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2010, 08:00:42 am
Ive been looking all over the Internet and arcadecontrols and I'm getting mixed reviews on every encoder out there.

The main two I see mentioned a lot are the x-arcade byo and the i-pac2's and i-pac4's.

I'm seeing forum messages stating lag on both of these but the topics go as far back as 6 years on some of this stuff and I know just from looking at pics the chipsets are obviously newer and probably completely different performance.

So now I've done a long winded round up to my question :)

What is the best keyboard encode for fighting games (that require stuff like ppp/kkk combos) Im also using usb only.

Can anyone please shed some light on this topic, i know its probably covered a couple times, but ive found conflicting answers and nothing stating get X.

Much appreciated for any feedback.

shateredsoul

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
I use an ipac 2, no lag (at least noticeable to me), the other one I hear a lot is keywiz, but ipac does seem to be the more popular one.  I hear both do a great job.

emerica

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:29:04 am
  • Goodtimes!
    • My ongoing projects
You can't go wrong with ipac or keywiz. Both are superb products and they won't let you down. I personally have a keywiz in my main cab and a ipac in my kids cabinet. They both do what I need them to do without any lag or failure. FWIW my keywiz is 5 years old and works the same as it did when I got it.

They both seem easier to configure than the x-arcade products and in my opinion are of better quality.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical.

Ryglore

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2021, 05:49:39 pm
  • Likes to make things difficult.
    • The Brush Wizard
I have a KeyWiz40-ST in my cab and it works great for fighting games, or really anything in general. If I needed an encoder for another project I'd pick another of them up for sure.