Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: clrmamepro help... reporting missing roms.  (Read 4696 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:01 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
clrmamepro help... reporting missing roms.
« on: January 02, 2012, 04:20:29 pm »
I'm trying to get my mame romset back up to speed but I've ran into a little bit of trouble. 

I have always been a romcenter guy.... been using it for years, but the latest version was giving me problems so I switched over to clrmamepro. 

The problem I'm running into is that the "miss list" isn't accurate.  When scanning roms the program shows a buttload of "X"d  games in the dialog box and browsing them shows that while the zip is there, a few of the individual roms inside the zip are missing.  When I have clrmamepro print out a "miss list" it ignores these games though!  It only prints a list of games in which the entire zip is completely absent. 

Is there any way to get the app to print out all of the missing roms instead of just the completely absent ones?  If not then I'm going to have to switch back to romcenter.

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: clrmamepro help... reporting missing roms.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:34 am »
Going through the update myself (from late 120's to 144)

Right-click in the Scan Results window, and choose Copy to Clipboard, Save/Fixdat File, or Export Set List. The options under each of those choices don't work exactly the way I'd expect them to, but they should provide the info you need.

A fixdat file is very useful if you want to ask someone for help in a usenet newgroups posting, since its format is understood by some uploading utilities and a person can respond without manually picking out each file.

--nexusmtz

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:20:12 am »
Yup that's what I thought......  and thus I'm back to romcenter.   ;D

Thanks though.

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 08:16:58 pm »
Follow-up (in case anyone is looking for this down the road)

options ...don't work exactly the way I'd expect them to

A specific relevant example is that "Copy to Clipboard, All Listed Sets Messages" and "Export Set List, To Clipboard, All Listed Set Issues" seem like they would mean about the same thing, but they produce different levels of detail.

The former:
Code: [Select]
Zero Team (set 5, Korea, Dream Soft license) [folder: zeroteamd - parent: zeroteam - size: 7mb]
missing rom: 1.d.u024.5k [size: 262144] [CRC32: 6cc279be] [SHA1: 63143ba3105d24d133e60ffdb3edc2ceb2d5dc5b]
missing rom: 2.d.u026.5l [size: 262144] [CRC32: 9236129d] [SHA1: 8561ab62e3593cd9353d9ffddedbdb77e9ae2c45]
missing rom: 3.d.u023.6k [size: 262144] [CRC32: 0212400d] [SHA1: 28f77b5fddb9d724b735c3ff2255bd518b166e67]
missing rom: 4.d.u025.6l [size: 262144] [CRC32: 08813ebb] [SHA1: 454779cec2fd0e71b72f7161e7d9334893ee42de]

and the latter:
Code: [Select]
zeroteamd
While it's sensible that a "Set List" would only contain a list of names, I find the "All Listed Set Issues" option confusing. The other options at that menu level (Incomplete, Completely Missing, Selected) cover the reasons for the set to be listed, and the 'issues' are omitted in the Set List anyway.

Ultimately, the information needed to fix the sets is available, in both plain text and XML (fix-dat) format. It wasn't my intent to imply that the tool couldn't do the job, just that it's not completely intuitive from my intuit's viewpoint. And it's hard to argue Howard's point in another thread that it's becoming faster and easier to grab everything fresh in a known-good state than it is to fix an out-of-date collection.

--nexusmtz

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 08:46:05 pm »
Yeah I get ya... that works, but it still isn't outputting all the rom sets with issues for some reason. 

Romcenter does a much better job of that BUT it doesn't report chd issues as well and the recently huge amount of roms in mame seems to choke it up a bit.  I'm mixing and matching between the two programs now and although it's a pain in the butt, it works pretty well.