Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MaLa jumps up/down one game in the list after orientation switch or restart  (Read 2312 times)

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
I use my red button (ctrl) for game info. I use my blue button (alt) for orientation switching. When i push it, male switches from horizontal lay-out to vertical lay-out. Now ir remembers the game it was on in the horizontal lay-out. So when press blue again it switches back to my horizontal lay-out, and goes to the game it has in memory. But by error it goes one game up, Like when i push the joystick up. (except i didn't.).

???

Quit to windows.  So if I have Game 1 and Game 2 in my list and I quit MaLa to windows with Game 2 selected, the next time I launch MaLa Game 1 is selected.  Logically I expect Game 2 to still be selected.  Completely minor, and not a real issue.  I only mentioned it because it sounds like similar to the other issue reported.

???

I can't recreate this????    :dizzy:

I'm sorry that I gave you both the impression that I could.   :P

I am aware of a similar problem when you launch a game and when you quit the game it can jump up or down a game in the list.

But the reported issue of jumping up or down the list with orientation switch or mala start / stop I can't recreate.

I am going to need help from both of you to narrow down what is causing this.

Try changing things and see if the symptoms change, that may give me a clue on how to recreate and then fix.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:09:17 pm by loadman »

Tazmania67

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2010, 09:25:55 am
I use my red button (ctrl) for game info. I use my blue button (alt) for orientation switching. When i push it, male switches from horizontal lay-out to vertical lay-out. Now ir remembers the game it was on in the horizontal lay-out. So when press blue again it switches back to my horizontal lay-out, and goes to the game it has in memory. But by error it goes one game up, Like when i push the joystick up. (except i didn't.).

???

Quit to windows.  So if I have Game 1 and Game 2 in my list and I quit MaLa to windows with Game 2 selected, the next time I launch MaLa Game 1 is selected.  Logically I expect Game 2 to still be selected.  Completely minor, and not a real issue.  I only mentioned it because it sounds like similar to the other issue reported.

???

I can't recreate this????    :dizzy:

I'm sorry that I gave you both the impression that I could.   :P

I am aware of a similar problem when you launch a game and when you quit the game it can jump up or down a game in the list.

But the reported issue of jumping up or down the list with orientation switch or mala start / stop I can't recreate.

I am going to need help from both of you to narrow down what is causing this.

Try changing things and see if the symptoms change, that may give me a clue on how to recreate and then fix.

Try enabling "Use mouse to select game" in controller setup. This seems to be the cause.

loadman

• Offline Offline
    • MaLa

Try enabling "Use mouse to select game" in controller setup. This seems to be the cause.

THanks, That info is great  ;D

Sorry to be Anal but did you mean "Use Mouse to scroll gamelist"?

If so does adjusting 'Mouse Polling' or 'Acceleration' make any difference.???

I have a pet theory to the cause but don't want to blindly change code until of have a bit more data on the issue

Thanks

LATER...

I was able to recreate this issue on another non development machine  ;D Both the orientation change and the MaLa quit and restart

I guess the mouse/hardware differences can effect it

Thanks for the tip about the mouse  :cheers:

I'm on it  >:D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:19:07 pm by loadman »

Tazmania67

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2010, 09:25:55 am

THanks, That info is great  ;D

Sorry to be Anal but did you mean "Use Mouse to scroll gamelist"?

If so does adjusting 'Mouse Polling' or 'Acceleration' make any difference.???

I have a pet theory to the cause but don't want to blindly change code until of have a bit more data on the issue

Thanks

LATER...

I was able to recreate this issue on another non development machine  ;D Both the orientation change and the MaLa quit and restart

I guess the mouse/hardware differences can effect it

Thanks for the tip about the mouse  :cheers:

I'm on it  >:D

Yes that should be the one.
I've notised that it only happens when the mouse has been moved at startup. If you leave it alone on startup, everithing works normal.

I've tried changing every setting on the mouse tab, no changes at all. (except when i disable it entirely)

loadman

• Offline Offline
    • MaLa
Please try this 'special' version.

Please check if overall if when Mouse enabled:
- The game list does not jump up or down after start, orientation change etc
- The mouse performance is not altered for scroll.

Thanks

*old link removed*
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:23:43 am by loadman »