Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: List and system order  (Read 2542 times)

methodical

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2012, 07:31:51 pm
List and system order
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:43:36 pm »
I have my orders set for systems, what lists show up first, etc... but whenever I exit MA and restart it, it starts up wherever I left off. I'd like it to start up showing NES, and it's first in my order, but if I'm playing a Genesis game when I exit MA... it starts on Genesis when I reload. Game lists also load wherever I was last as well, instead of at the top. Is there a way to fix these issues?

metallimaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2012, 05:11:08 pm
    • DebugStation
Re: List and system order
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »
I don't think you can change this setting. It's always done this for me, never thought anything of it.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:43:34 pm »
You are not saving it.  This needs to be done manually.  After you set them up and simply hit close...  Nothing is saved.  You need to click on the Save as button and name the lists.  Then when you click on close it will be all set.   :applaud:

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

methodical

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2012, 07:31:51 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:00:41 pm »
The lists are saved... my issue is that whenever I run MA, it doesn't display the first system in the set order first... it shows whatever I played last. Same with game lists. My lists are saved... but if I played Gauntlet in MAME the last time I ran MA, when I select MAME the next time the list is at Gauntlet, instead of at the top of the list.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 10:58:04 pm »
Ah, I see now.  Unfortunately, this was done by design.  MA is hard coded to remember the last system played and does not "reset" to the first system when restarting.  The only way to do it would be to manually exit to the home screen, go left or right to the system you want and then quit MA.  Then when you restart it will load to that system you chose.

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment: