Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Advice needed Rowe AMI imperial R-80 circa 1976  (Read 2954 times)

pogjones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2017, 03:18:44 pm
Advice needed Rowe AMI imperial R-80 circa 1976
« on: May 12, 2010, 03:35:59 pm »
Hi Folks
I am new to the forum and would like some advice. I have a Rowe AMI imperial R-80 circa 1976 and have had it about 3 to 4 years. I had the cartridge unit serviced and set it up correctly after i bought it. but still the selected record is not always the correct one. For that part i suppose that i will just have keep on adjusting the selection tray until i get it right. What is bugging me most now is that the (record playing unit) was detached before i bought the jukebox and i would like to have another fitted. Why it was taken out i don't know. I would be interested to find out why it was taken out, as i have heard that it had been done on others. I have seen them for sale on ebay but would not attempt fitting myself. Does anyone know if i could get the job done by someone, either supply and fit or just fitted, if i can locate one. I live in Doncaster but don't mind traveling to get it done.
Any advice or information on restoring it to it's original condition would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance Bill.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Advice needed Rowe AMI imperial R-80 circa 1976
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 05:11:37 am »
Hi Bill,

More than likely the mechanism (carousel) may have been in another jukebox where the play meter (the correct name for this is the Annuciator) may have been fitted on a long arm on the righthand side of the mechanism rather than in the middle like on the R-80.

Are you in Doncaster UK?

If that is the case, here are my details.

Alan Hood (ami-man)
Games Unlimited & Datex Systems
Units 4 & 5 Lion Park
New Street
Halfway
Sheffield
S20 3GH
0114 247 0242 phone
0114 251 0727 fax
alan-hood@datex.co.uk

pogjones

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2017, 03:18:44 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 05:26:07 am »
Hi Allen
I am in Doncaster UK and have sent you a pm.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:25:56 am »
I have spoken with Bill with regards to this R-80.

I serviced this mechanism for him when he first got the jukebox, he could not get in touch when he had further problems.
Needless to say we have made arrangements to fit an Annuciator to his mechanism and check on the adjustments of the mechanism.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
alan-hood@datex.co.uk