Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "Sliced" television show  (Read 3966 times)

Mario

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2021, 08:55:12 pm
  • Mmmmm.....arcades!
    • Mario's Arcade Page
"Sliced" television show
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:06:14 pm »
Anyone watch "Sliced" on the History channel tonight? The show is about a guy who slices things open to see how they work. The first episode was entitled "Coin Operated", and as you may have guessed, he sliced open a pinball machine. He also sliced up a coin-op pool table, and a modern and older slot machine. I thought it was stupid to open up good, working games. I guess I wouldn't feel so bad if they were old, non-working ones. But to do that to good machines may be good television, but it's just a waste.

However, I must admit it was cool learning how the cue ball is detected in the pool tables.

http://www.history.com/shows/sliced/episodes/episode-guide#slide-1

Mario

Shortbus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 03:20:00 pm
Re: "Sliced" television show
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:50:04 pm »
very cool....thanks for sharing...hadn't heard of that till now, my type of stuff....

phalcon_2600

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2013, 02:46:28 pm
    • Arcade Repair Tips Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:52:39 pm »
Yes it was interesting leaning about the pool table. The main thing there is that there is no shortage of pool tables.  :soapbox: Pinball machines however because of people like this dill wad are a quickly vanishing. As i'm sure you know there is only one company makeing them any more. With this economy being way it is, it is not known how long Stern is going to be in business.
 So this guy has to bust the glass and cut a full up working NBA pinball in half just to show us how the Tilt rod works. WTF!!!! :angry: Ever herd of google?? The glass is removabe and the playfeild lifts up like a car hood. There was no need to distroy anything. This makes this all the more sad. Why dont you cut a Shelby Cobra in half too to show us how the horn works!!??? There are not many of them around any more either.

I thought this was the History chanel NOT the distroying history channel!!! WTF!!! :banghead:

Beretta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:53:03 pm »
yup and what about those folks that like to burn cabinets? i've seen at least 3 people who do this.

btw you're not one of those people are you? i see it's your avatar.
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

Dudeman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2023, 06:30:25 pm
  • Ecky ecky ecky ecky P'Tang! Zoop-boing mmmzoesm...
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 04:54:39 pm »
Saw some of that show yesterday and hated it. So stupid. He cut an Etch-A-Sketch in half. Give me a break.

I want that 10 mins. of my life back.

phalcon_2600

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2013, 02:46:28 pm
    • Arcade Repair Tips Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:39:08 am »
Thst is just a picture fom online. It does not mean I burn cabinets or support it. You have they guy from doom as your avatar do you dress up like doom?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2024, 03:07:49 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 01:21:02 pm »
Thst is just a picture fom online. It does not mean I burn cabinets or support it. You have they guy from doom as your avatar do you dress up like doom?

nice thread res for a lame comeback. He actually does dress up like that.  I wish the guy from that show would cut a CRT in half, without discharging the tube, while its plugged in.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.