Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What do guys think of this deal Dell E193FP 19-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor $211  (Read 1129 times)

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
What do you guys think of this deal, im waiting to check out & wanted some opinions, also if you use 2 coupons you can get this tv for $211.00 with free shipping Dell E193FP 19-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor $211
thanks
divemaster
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
Is this a good gaming monitor
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm

I bet Berzerk would play very well on that.

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
FWIW, the "e" monitors that Dell carries are their lower end models, and usually not as good for gaming as their higher end models.

My father uses a e173fp and it is ok, but not great.  It has a waving effect that is notceable.  As I said in the other thread though, the 1800, 1901, 1905, 2001 are all better IMHO.  As someone mentioned, not EVERYONE will think they are great for gaming, but in general they are much much better gaming monitors.

If you just want a decent monitor and play occasional games, it might be a good deal.   If you you do any serious amount of gaming, I'd save up for a better monitor.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
The big thing (I hear from people at work who spend time looking) is that right now you don't get the best color depth / constrast good for photos and desktop activities in the same monitor with a super fast pixel refresh (but I don't think its called this) that is good for gaming.

And the best all around LCDs are a bit of both.  So you can play games without too many tracers and still get a pretty good color depth which you wouldn't notice the difference without something to compare it too.

Anyway, I think if your worried about gaming, you should get a CRT still.  For the money you can get a MUCH MUCH better monitor.  But it does take up space..

Of course.  Those LCDs are really cute.

pointdablame

• Offline Offline
The term you're looking for is Response Time.  For LCDs, the lower the response time, the better.

I think the lowest right now is 8ms or 6ms, but they are very very pricey panels still.  For gaming, you'd want a 16ms panel or less IMHO, but you really have to see the LCD for yourself to be sure.

And yeah... from a pure price point, you can get a lot more with CRTs.  LCD prices have dropped a LOT, but they still aren't as cheap as CRTs
first off your and idiot

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
And even the best ones don't perform as well as an upper mid range CRT.

pointdablame

• Offline Offline
And even the best ones don't perform as well as an upper mid range CRT.

I tend to disagree with that statement, but the really really high end CRTs are still better than the best LCDs for sure.  Mid range stuff is a lot closer IMO, but I guess it's personal opinion.
first off your and idiot