Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Its there a way to use touchtunes hardware with windows?  (Read 10057 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:33:01 pm
Re: Its there a way to use touchtunes hardware with windows?
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2024, 01:50:58 pm »
Well, i just need to install a new lock and we can call it a day. Thanks Lilshawn for all the help, could not have done this without you.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2024, 12:56:43 pm »
Sorry , forgot to post images of the inside, plus, at the end I had to replace the lock with a regular tubular arcade lock, all works just fine. Ive never been a great detailed guy, I'm more of like, if it work it works, ---fudgesicle--- it. I still think on why the acceptors did not worked with regular harness, but if I get to work on the virtuo I'm make more tests and post results.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2024, 06:58:22 pm »
Lets continue with part 2 on this, and I really would appreciate your help again Mr. Lilshawn, especially in getting the amp working, as I'm sure installing windows will be easy, if not I can just install another PC.
The Angelina I did a raffle for a sick friend of mine and I no longer have it. We gathered 2000 DLLs for him and he will use them for therapy after having a brain injury, He is doing great.So I'm glad it was for a good use, anyway, I got this one for the great price of 350dlls,including the stand. So the goal is gonna be the same, install windows and setthis free. Maybe uninstall the card reader and replace it with  a coin acceptor and I see it has a 4th slot, maybe replace it with the local bill acceptor too....will see that later, the thing I care the most would be using the built-in apms and speakers.  Anyway , ill post more pictures as time goes by.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2024, 07:42:18 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2024, 07:45:16 pm »
again... remove IO board...it will not be used.

ideally, what you want is a RED color DI box.

https://documents.touchtunes.com/900747-001-Line-In%20DI-box%20Guide-Rev.00_online.pdf

this will allow you to use an 1/8" phono plug to RCA adapter to feed audio from the computer into the DI box...and then the DI box feeds directly into the amp input using a short ethernet cable. (you have 2 plugged into the IO board right now) that way you don't have to modify the amps at all to be able to feed audio into them.

you then you use another short ethernet cable to feed audio from the out/through port on the side of the amp to the input side of the other side of the amp, supplying audio to both amps.

then you will have to do one of 4 things, you will either have to...

build a hack cable to feed 12v in to power the DI box. (ethernet pins 4 (ground) and 5 (12v) that supply power to the DI pox to power it's electronics.) since you are using only one port, you can chop off an ethernet cable end and use blue for (-) and White/blue for (+)

build a supply with a 12v powerpack/plug/wallwart type of supply with a DIN plug wired on to power the DI box. (DIN pin 5 is 12v and pin 3 or 4 is ground (negative))

a 12v supply directly wired into the DI box (soldered to DIN plug contacts on PCB)

buy a power supply with the DIN plug already to go. such as part number 300099-118 (good luck finding them though)

when you power the DI box, the green LED's (or red LED depending on which version you have) will light, this DI will also power the amp turn on circuitry and turn the amps on.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 07:49:04 pm by lilshawn »

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2024, 08:45:22 pm »
Man, this is gonna be a bit more complicated hahaha, I still don't have the juke at my house, so I want to imagine that the stand should already had the red box thingy, I can only cross my fingers, this is the stand but the looks of the picture. https://legacydist.com/products/virtuo-stand/ Will once I get the juke at home, thanks Lilshawn

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2024, 09:03:26 pm »
the red DI boxes are to interface regular "unbalanced" audio from a device like a TV or radio, convert it into a "balanced" signal that is immune to interference...  and sends it down the ethernet cable. at the other end, in the IO board, a circuit takes the balanced audio and sums the signals (eliminating the noise) turning it back into unbalanced audio.

there is a "blue" DI box that does the opposite (same as the IO board) converts the balanced signal back into an unbalanced signal that you can feed into a house system or receiver.

it's not terribly complicated. I use a similar DI box setup at home. my computer has a "red" DI box on it, it's patched into a pair of "blue" boxes (daisy chained together) which have their outputs feeding into 2 amps, one for my speakers, and the other for a subwoofer. the red DI box is powered through an adapter from my computer's power supply, so when the computer goes on, the boxes turn on.

since the virtuo amp natively takes a balanced signal, you can just feed the signal from a red DI box (which outputs a balanced signal anyway)

please note that this setup is not the same as the cheapo "RCA balun" using ethernet cable adapters you see all over the amazons, These devices have their uses... but you would likely introduce signal noise and degradation if they are not carefully run, even though they are described as being immune to noise and such. They are not. they simply run the audio signal as it comes out of your device through a small center tapped transformer (producing a + and - signal) and runs that down the cable. problem is, line level audio is often only about 1 volt... so it's not hard to introduce a half volt of noise by simply running near a power wire in your ceiling or wall... basically nuking 50% of your signal.

The touchtunes DI boxes convert the signal into a +11v and -11v signal (hence the need for a 12v power source to run them) so even if that same 0.5v AC ripple noise got in there, the sum circuit takes care of it... and even if it did squeak through... it would be ~4% of the overall signal. or about 0.04v of your 1 volt signal... basically inaudible. it's the best way to transport audio without having noise being introduced.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2024, 04:22:49 pm »
Well, i still dont have the juke at home, I imagine those stands must have red or blue boxes to make the juke work with their non touchtunes speakers work, I canonly hope for that, will see, on Sunday, mu causing will bring me the juke itself, and hopefully sometime next week someone can bring me the stand. Thanks Lilshanw, I appreciate your help, it looks like you are the only helping member, I can only help so much on the software forum. Thank you sir.

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2024, 11:44:22 am »
I imagine those stands must have red or blue boxes to make the juke work with their non touchtunes speakers work

well... no, the speakers would hook up to the amp in the virtuo. since it's the IO board that does the audio... and it natively outputs and inputs balanced audio... AAANNND since you aren't going to be able to use the IO board when you do your conversion.... you need to replace it's audio function. this is where the Red DI box comes in.

see if your guy that you are buying this juke from has one. anyone dealing with touchtunes stuff should have amassed a bunch of DI boxes. but if not, let me know.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2024, 01:25:57 pm »
I imagine those stands must have red or blue boxes to make the juke work with their non touchtunes speakers work

well... no, the speakers would hook up to the amp in the virtuo. since it's the IO board that does the audio... and it natively outputs and inputs balanced audio... AAANNND since you aren't going to be able to use the IO board when you do your conversion.... you need to replace it's audio function. this is where the Red DI box comes in.

see if your guy that you are buying this juke from has one. anyone dealing with touchtunes stuff should have amassed a bunch of DI boxes. but if not, let me know.
Thanks for the offer, yes , I cant wait to get my hand on this thing hahaha.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2024, 07:02:04 pm »
By taking a closer look at this picture, it looks like the zone 3 cable goes to the back of the juke, and then some audio cables are routed to the top, wich makes me think they are going to the sonny speakers on the side of the juke, so hopefully yes , there's a red box in there hahaha, I hate waiting for this, I want to get ma hands on it already hahaha.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 07:03:54 pm by abispac »

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2024, 05:09:59 pm »
The zone 3 cable likely runs into either a DA415 amp or another DA915 amp in the base or into a "blue" DI box to run into a separate conventional amp (crown, etc.)

if you end up needing a red DI box or other things, maybe we can trade. let me know when you've had a chance to check it out.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: Yesterday at 04:20:50 pm »
The zone 3 cable likely runs into either a DA415 amp or another DA915 amp in the base or into a "blue" DI box to run into a separate conventional amp (crown, etc.)

if you end up needing a red DI box or other things, maybe we can trade. let me know when you've had a chance to check it out.
Yes sir, what do you need or what are you looking for? I'm supposed to have the juke at my home tomorrow, I was gonna ask, by any chance do you know where I can buy an Angelina braket? i been looking for one to a no good luck, the winner of the raffle needs one, I was going to offer the stand I own now, but ill rather keep it to myself.