Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Error log for command line Mame v128  (Read 2480 times)

dkubarek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2011, 01:00:32 am
Error log for command line Mame v128
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:58:32 pm »
I'm getting errors when I open some roms and DOS closes before I can see what they are. I'm assuming some files are missing but I'd like to know if that is it. Is there an error log in Mame and is there a way to make it visible?

mr_doles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2014, 06:53:45 pm
  • nuff said
Re: Error log for command line Mame v128
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 09:10:02 pm »
What I did was create a quick batch file and drag the zip file onto the batch file.  You will need to modify your paths accordingly:
cd c:\arcade\emulators\mame
mame c:\arcade\emulator\mame\roms\%1
pause

This will run the rom that you drop on the batch file and leave the dos window open when it is done so you can see the errors.  I am sure there is a better way but this was my way.

dkubarek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2011, 01:00:32 am
Re: Error log for command line Mame v128
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 09:34:03 pm »
No, that sounds easy enough. I figured out I need to match my roms with my version of Mame. I'll do that and maybe my problems will be solved. Ha.