Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arg!  (Read 3425 times)

slycrel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2022, 06:20:59 pm
  • Mmm... Portal.
Arg!
« on: July 07, 2008, 12:24:49 am »
So, we just made the last couple of payments to the contractors for finishing our basement.  Between paint and carpet (which we almost didn't spring for until next year) it was almost $3000.

Then just no wI saw this:  http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=3692856&cat=&lpid=

I've been looking for an addam's family locally for over a year.  But since we jsut spent all this money on the basement, my wife said no.   :banghead:  :cry:

So heads up for anyone in the Utah area.  Best of luck, hope it goes to a good home.

slycrel

• Offline Offline
  • Mmm... Portal.
Re: Arg!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:49:05 am »
Looks like someone snatched it up already.  Thanks for letting me vent.  :D

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:09:47 pm »
Don't worry, there's plenty of them out there.

I'd just advise you spend a little time on Addam's Family again before you pay a ton for it.  It's a great game, but it's getting old.  I've played it so darn much I don't really care if I ever play it again.

Monopoly is just a retread of Addam's Family, but it's got some new music/dots/art/theme and it has crept down to $2,000ish in new shape.

Ripley's is similar as well, though not as much a direct rip off.  It's not as great as it could have been, but it's much better than collectors give it credit for.

I've played all 3, and disliked all 3.

Ripley's is junk in my opinion. What fun is a pinball when you can't even see the damn ball half the time?

slycrel

• Offline Offline
  • Mmm... Portal.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 05:11:01 pm »
I never had consistent access when I was younger, and have only had a few chances in the last 10 years to play it.  I like the overall table though -- the theme, artwork and sounds fit very well and it's my "breakout" machine of pinball discovery, so there is that.  =)

I'd have to disagree with the monopoly comment, I've played that and didn't like it nearly as well -- though the machine wasn't very well maintained.  They have similarities, but the feel is a bit different.  I've not played ripleys, I've heard both good and bad there.

I for me, addam's family bridges the older open style playfields with the newer 90's feel.  I have a TZ machine and it seems on the fence for people -- usually they like the bells and whistles or they like the more open playfields.  I think the two would contrast and theme very well side by side.

Guess we'll see in another year or so, maybe I'll have my cash reserves built back up by then.  ;)