Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone using Maximus Arcade with MAME125? - some roms not showing up  (Read 3688 times)

TxGlenn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2015, 03:34:13 pm
I posted this in the MA forum but it's pretty slow over there ATM.

Is anyone using Maximus Arcade with MAME v125? I'm using MAME 125u4 and everything seems to work fine opening these games via command line MAME. In MA however, many of them aren't showing up. I've read many of the posts and have been tried "scan list", "rescan list", etc on the configuration screen but nothing is working. All files are zipped (lower case) and in the right folder. I see the game list (on the game list tab)...the files that *are* showing up are listed there, but I don't see how to get the missing games included.

Anyone know of anything I can try??!?!

Topgun_68

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2022, 04:47:15 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Anyone using Maximus Arcade with MAME125? - some roms not showing up
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:29:27 am »
I have the same problem with the new beta version 2.10 beta 4. I didn't have any problems running the 2.09 version using MameUI. I decided to start using the command line version which is when I seen this problem. I only have about 190 roms showing out of the entire .123 set of over 6000!. I might try the UI version just for testing cause like you said it is dead over at there forums which makes no sense when a beta version has just been released  :(

Topgun

Topgun_68

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 10:30:12 am »
I have the same problem with the new beta version 2.10 beta 4. I didn't have any problems running the 2.09 version of MA with MameUI. I decided to start using the command line version which is when I seen this problem. I only have about 190 roms showing out of the entire .123 set of over 6000!. I might try the UI version just for testing cause like you said it is dead over at there forums which makes no sense when a beta version has just been released  :(

Topgun

TxGlenn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 10:53:28 am »
I have the same problem with the new beta version 2.10 beta 4. I didn't have any problems running the 2.09 version using MameUI. I decided to start using the command line version which is when I seen this problem. I only have about 190 roms showing out of the entire .123 set of over 6000!. I might try the UI version just for testing cause like you said it is dead over at there forums which makes no sense when a beta version has just been released  :(

Topgun

Well I compiled command line MAME to get high-score support, which you don't get in MAMEUI correct?  Maybe I'll try MAMEUIEXT with MA and see what happens.  I want to get the entire list of 6000 showing up so that I can then go through and "clean out the crap" by deleting them all lol.

Topgun_68

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 11:01:57 am »
I compiled both mame & mameUI and I could never get the nag screen or high scores to work in MameUI so maybe it's not suppose to work. let me know if you figure it out because I am trying to do the same thing with the new MA beta since it has much better game filtering options like mameui. What version of MA are you using? Using the new beta I am also unable to get it to keep my registration code. Hmm, I might try a clean version of mame without compiling it just for the hell of it.

TxGlenn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 11:16:05 am »
I'm using MA 2.09.  I read (maybe your posts?) where people were having issues  with 2.10 so since I was already having issues with 2.09 I didn't want to add any more complexity to the situation.

I guess I'll try to find the MAMEUI that has high score support (I think it's MAMEXT) and hope the nag screens have been taken care of as well.  SUcks because the command line MAME I'm using now is perfect...it just isn't working well with MA.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 11:44:06 am by TxGlenn »

Tafoid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:45:31 pm
  • Emulation Devotee
    • MAMELOAD TNG (Front-End)
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 12:32:15 pm »
Both MAME 0.125u3 and u4 had problems with the export of XML lists - so Front-Ends that depended on them suffer and by in large did not perform properly or only showed a limited amount of games available.
Most of the UI builds (MAMEUI, MAMEFXUI, MAMEPLUS) patched this problem up before their releases - but the standard command-line build (based on only MAMEDEV sources) had that broken XML functionality.

Try 0.125u5 and see if you are still having trouble.

loddie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2011, 01:25:36 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 02:23:54 pm »
125u5 works great. Thanks for the advice.

TxGlenn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 02:30:10 pm »
Both MAME 0.125u3 and u4 had problems with the export of XML lists - so Front-Ends that depended on them suffer and by in large did not perform properly or only showed a limited amount of games available.
Most of the UI builds (MAMEUI, MAMEFXUI, MAMEPLUS) patched this problem up before their releases - but the standard command-line build (based on only MAMEDEV sources) had that broken XML functionality.

Try 0.125u5 and see if you are still having trouble.

Yes...Thank YOU!  Cured a big headache for me.   :cheers:

Topgun_68

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 08:55:46 am »
It worked great on 2.10 beta 4 also. Thanks for the tip!  ;D