Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WOW New LightGUN Info !!! Woot!!! :)  (Read 407894 times)

roylazarovich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2006, 06:54:04 pm
  • Proud ownder of an LCD TopGun
    • My Portfolio
Re: WOW New LightGUN Info !!! Woot!!! :)
« Reply #1240 on: February 23, 2006, 12:14:58 pm »
I bought my guns from play-asia. One seem to be defective. I contacted EMS and they said repair/exchange is free for all their products...just have to pay for shipping.

So I have sent them my gun and just received an email stating they got it.
They are very nice and quick. I would contact them directly.

That's great news, I've sent them an e-mail

By the way, how much was shipping to them? do you need to send it in a special padded box or something? Do you need to pay shipping for the return as well?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 01:33:38 pm by roylazarovich »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2009, 04:54:06 am
  • Built the cab, just need the time to play!
« Reply #1241 on: February 23, 2006, 12:38:42 pm »
Also when testing the new EMS drivers, let us know if the offscreen reload works in MAME.

on a side note, what's the longest thread here at BYOAC? Is this thread going to set a record?

yes - the Lethal Enforcers series is the worst offender of this. Please try LE2 in your tests.

Please also try PC games such as HOTD2 to see if general off screen reload works

LE2 would not be a good test for offscreen reload. It is a problem in mame not the gun software. Area51 would be a good game to test to determine if the offscreen reload works.

hmmm.. but its the same for area 51, only but MAME actually ALLOWS you to reload through pressing the trigger continiously once you are out of bullets - trust me, give it a try, it works!

MKChamp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 02:45:53 pm
  • Stil around.
« Reply #1242 on: February 23, 2006, 02:15:16 pm »
roylazarovich:
No special packaging...just whatever you can fit the gun in...use some padding.
You do have to pay for shipping there and back. They charged me 15 dollars for shipping back to texas.

darthbane2k:
I don't understand what you are saying.
To test offscreen reload with the new EMS drivers, we need a game that works with offscreen reload. LE2's offscreen reload doesn't work in MAME(that's why there is the need for the cheat).

shawn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2006, 03:56:20 pm
« Reply #1243 on: February 23, 2006, 07:31:59 pm »
I just installed the EMS 3.1 driver on my cab to give it a try.  It's definitely not ready for prime time.

Off screen reload does not work.  It also kills the mouse once you start playing a game.  When you get out of the game mouse no longer works and you have to reboot the computer. 

Going back to Acorn's driver.

MacroX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2007, 11:27:30 pm
« Reply #1244 on: February 23, 2006, 08:13:13 pm »
I'm test it before, can't play in offscreen mode.

roylazarovich:
No special packaging...just whatever you can fit the gun in...use some padding.
You do have to pay for shipping there and back. They charged me 15 dollars for shipping back to texas.

darthbane2k:
I don't understand what you are saying.
To test offscreen reload with the new EMS drivers, we need a game that works with offscreen reload. LE2's offscreen reload doesn't work in MAME(that's why there is the need for the cheat).

MacroX

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1245 on: February 23, 2006, 08:15:20 pm »
it may be Acorn's driver problems, that cause the official driver release
the mouse source failure !

I just installed the EMS 3.1 driver on my cab to give it a try.  It's definitely not ready for prime time.

Off screen reload does not work.  It also kills the mouse once you start playing a game.  When you get out of the game mouse no longer works and you have to reboot the computer. 

shawn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2006, 03:56:20 pm
« Reply #1246 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48:48 pm »

I completely uninstalled the wingun driver before I tried the EMS one.  System was clean.

MacroX

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1247 on: February 23, 2006, 11:45:08 pm »
Sor,
1)  V3.1 can't support offscreen (you are Right).
2)  It also kills the mouse once you start playing a game. (that maybe your uninstall incompleted !)

I completely uninstalled the wingun driver before I tried the EMS one.  System was clean.

ChodTheWacko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2006, 10:40:11 pm
« Reply #1248 on: February 24, 2006, 01:27:16 am »
Hello All,

I have gone through the entire thread and summarized it here:

http://www.wizardsworks.org/chod/gun/topgun.htm

please give it a scan and let me know any corrections, thanks.

=========
Other notes:

For some reason, an offscreen shot/reload will cause Virtua squad to minimize on my PC, but not my laptop.  Troubleshooter is on (and has to be on) in both cases.

I can't for the life of me get any of the digital domain games to reload.  Can you actually do a button map to get that going?

- Frank

Cananas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2017, 07:39:03 am
  • and the seventh day... PacMan was created
« Reply #1249 on: February 24, 2006, 01:40:24 am »
Hello All,

=========
Other notes:

For some reason, an offscreen shot/reload will cause Virtua squad to minimize on my PC, but not my laptop.  Troubleshooter is on (and has to be on) in both cases.

I can't for the life of me get any of the digital domain games to reload.  Can you actually do a button map to get that going?

- Frank

Good Work!

Some notes:

- To play two players in mame you must put Dual_lightgun=1

- You say that Virtua Cop is compatible with the troubleshooter. Well, this not true. The version that works is Virtua Squad and the Virtua Squad Demo. Virtua Cop have diferent exe (and adresses that troubleshooter pokes), so it is not compatible (of course I know they are the same game).

MacroX

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1250 on: February 24, 2006, 01:41:10 am »
this site so powerful and detail   :o :o :o

Hello All,

=========
Other notes:

- Frank

aljupy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2011, 07:30:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1251 on: February 24, 2006, 03:33:54 am »
Hi all:

Gun2Mouse v 3.1 (from EMS manufacturer). Works PRETTY WELL for me. I just do a Hardware calibration and I can play it PERFECTLY. Very easy to set-up.

The downside is that still not 2 Light Guns Support :(

I think I´ll try if SmogDriver and Gun2mouse can work at same time, because I can´t play with 2 LightGuns.

This time is possible to play House of dead 2 and 3 perfectly :).
With v3.0 was not possible

p.s. I know, I can play 2 LightGuns with WINGUN, but that is not the point :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:53:12 am by aljupy »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1252 on: February 24, 2006, 04:29:56 am »
Hello All,

=========
Other notes:

- Frank

you missed out several pointers...

1) Lethal enforcers 1, 2 and Under Fire are UNPLAYABLE without enabling some sort of cheat, as MAME will NOT allow you to reload, not matter what.

2) Locked N Loaded does not respond to the gun at all. No crosshair, No registered shots, NOTHING.

3) You also wrote:

Does offscreen reloading work?
Yes, with wingun or Guncon2mouse
You must have offscreen_reload set to 1 in mame.ini

However, off screen reload does not work in ANY MAME game. It only works for PC games.
I already said Lethal enforcers 1, 2  and Underfire are rendered unplayable. However area 51 and maximum force seem to reload when you repeated press the trigger button (once out of bullets) off screen does NOT work.

4) You also didnt address issues with the recoil. As veriied by both myself and Mamewah, that for us when you plug the recoil function into even a mains powered USB hub, or power the gun directly from a seperate power supply, as soon as you pull the trigger, it recoils once and kills the tracking. Gun dies until you restart. Solution? - disable the recoil.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 04:43:41 am by darthbane2k »

aljupy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2011, 07:30:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1253 on: February 24, 2006, 05:09:21 am »
4) You also didnt address issues with the recoil. As veriied by both myself and Mamewah, that for us when you plug the recoil function into even a mains powered USB hub, or power the gun directly from a seperate power supply, as soon as you pull the trigger, it recoils once and kills the tracking. Gun dies until you restart. Solution? - disable the recoil.

Recoil works fine for me. Wich one is the trouble to mention?. Maybe he could mention it in a "troubleshooter" section. But If your hardware is defective, return it (I know, Shipping is little expensive).

I can connect and play 2 LightGuns with Recoil with WINGUN.

Sometimes If I do not have any USB port free I connect Recoil´s port to some PS2 or Xbox.

In my xbox I use 4 Ports in order to play HOUSE OF DEAD, SILENT SCOPE, STARSKY&HUTCH  and MAMEOX. And I Play with 2 LightGuns with Recoil.

IMHO I like the recoil. Worse is nothing.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 05:11:25 am by aljupy »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1254 on: February 24, 2006, 05:21:24 am »

Recoil works fine for me. Wich one is the trouble to mention?. Maybe he could mention it in a "troubleshooter" section. But If your hardware is defective, return it (I know, Shipping is little expensive).

I can connect and play 2 LightGuns with Recoil with WINGUN.

Sometimes If I do not have any USB port free I connect Recoil

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #1255 on: February 24, 2006, 05:47:53 am »
I finally got dual tracking working in Term2 last night. YEAH!  T2+JohnWoo is great! 
I'm using Smogs and analog+ since I'm working on XP.  This weekend if I get a chance I might try to compile the latest version of analog+ that worked with dual mice and see if I can get Silvers changes into it. 

EMS driver (3.0 and 3.1) look like they work...  But I can't get input into MAME (doesn't register at all)

WinGun locks up my machine

Smogs is hard to install.  The driver doesn't show up as an option, even after its installed.  I had to hunt down the inf file in the install directory by hand when installing the gun.  It didn't give me this option until after I uninstalled the EMS usbhub driver completely (otherwise it would just use that instead).  After that, it works well!  I'm very happy with it!

I'm going to install a few versions of analog+ mame to see which was the latest that worked.  There was a few partial (non-core) versions that where released... Not sure if I have the latest.  But 82 definately works!

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1256 on: February 24, 2006, 06:01:51 am »
I have a MAME question.

The cursor (Crosshair) shows up in my gun games for both player 1 and 2, but I only have one gun.
Is there a way of hiding the player 2 cursor only?

ChodTheWacko

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1257 on: February 24, 2006, 10:27:18 am »
- You say that Virtua Cop is compatible with the troubleshooter. Well, this not true.
Fixed, thanks.

Virtua Squad / Virtual Squad 2 added to compatible games
Virtua Cop / Virtua Cop 2 added to 'Incompabitle games'

The dual_gun thing was added too.

ChodTheWacko

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1258 on: February 24, 2006, 10:29:07 am »
Gun2Mouse v 3.1 (from EMS manufacturer). Works PRETTY WELL for me. I just do a Hardware calibration and I can play it PERFECTLY. Very easy to set-up.

Okay, so I assume it, like Smog's driver, can autocalibrate itself?

ChodTheWacko

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1259 on: February 24, 2006, 10:40:08 am »
Oh, I'm sure I missed lots of things.   :)   32 pages will make one's head spin.

1) Lethal enforcers 1, 2 and Under Fire are UNPLAYABLE without enabling some sort of cheat, as MAME will NOT allow you to reload, not matter what.
2) Locked N Loaded does not respond to the gun at all. No crosshair, No registered shots, NOTHING.
However, off screen reload does not work in ANY MAME game. It only works for PC games.
I already said Lethal enforcers 1, 2  and Underfire are rendered unplayable. However area 51 and maximum force seem to reload when you repeated press the trigger button (once out of bullets) off screen does NOT work.
I saw you stating this, but curiously Lethal enforcers 1 offscreen reload works  just fine for me.  Several people said they happily played Area51 although they didn't say if they were offscreen reloading or not.  (but what else could they be doing?)
Can anyone else auto-reload for LE2 ,Under fire, or Maximum force, or should I add them to the 'problem' list?

Can people give exact steps they are doing to get offscreen loading?
Are they setting a button to right mouse?  or click edge?   What about the 'offscreen reloading' setting for wingun?

4) You also didnt address issues with the recoil.
<snip>
Solution? - disable the recoil.
Well I stated that recoil can cause your USB to choke, and no, I don't have any good solutions outside of what people suggested trying.  If those don't work, then you're out of luck.

I reworded the 'recoil' section slightly to point you to the 'Other Troubleshooting' section where I had other suggestions.

ChodTheWacko

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1260 on: February 24, 2006, 10:47:32 am »
I know recoil works for SOME people, but it should be listed as a troubleshooting solution. for many the recoil when enabled kills the gun - after which some would think it is faulty, however disabling it makes it work again.

That reminds me, on my laptop I plugged in both cables, and the recoil didn't work.  I left both cables plugged in and forgot about it.  Then one day when I pulled the trigger the recoil went off, and It totally startled me.

So recoil is definitely hit or miss (pun intended).  I added a recommendation though that people initially get things setup without recoil, then plug it in later.

Cananas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1261 on: February 24, 2006, 10:50:31 am »
False, You can point to the right down edge (not offscreen) and you can reload (it works for me and others. Also don't work for the rest, but it's possible). Of course we must fix this because that is not correct (You would must shoot offscreen to reload).

3) You also wrote:
Does offscreen reloading work?
Yes, with wingun or Guncon2mouse
You must have offscreen_reload set to 1 in mame.ini
Again, you are wrong. The feature "offscreen_reload " it is needed for mame to patch the offscreen reload. When enabled, mame traslates the click of the button 2 of the mouse like if you would shoot offscreen. If one game reload when you shoot offscreen, you reload the gun. This is because mame simulates the gun with a mouse. Try enabling the mouse for area51 and put the second button. If you have the offscreen enabled, It must reload. If you haven't enabled, you don't reload.

Ok, for the mouse is clear. Why mouse?. Because ActLabs lightgun simulates a mouse. When you shoot offscreen with the ActLabs, its hardware (this is important) traslates the offscreen shot to a second mouse click.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 10:52:11 am by Cananas »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1262 on: February 24, 2006, 10:59:53 am »
Oh, I'm sure I missed lots of things.   :)   32 pages will make one's head spin.

I saw you stating this, but curiously Lethal enforcers 1 offscreen reload works  just fine for me.  Several people said they happily played Area51 although they didn't say if they were offscreen reloading or not.  (but what else could they be doing?)
Can anyone else auto-reload for LE2 ,Under fire, or Maximum force, or should I add them to the 'problem' list?

Are they setting a button to right mouse?  or click edge?   What about the 'offscreen reloading' setting for wingun?

4) You also didnt address issues with the recoil.
<snip>
Solution? - disable the recoil.
Well I stated that recoil can cause your USB to choke, and no, I don't have any good solutions outside of what people suggested trying.  If those don't work, then you're out of luck.

I reworded the 'recoil' section slightly to point you to the 'Other Troubleshooting' section where I had other suggestions.

well thats funny, because like the sequel, lethal enforcers 1 CANNOT reload - I certainly cant do it, and its nothing to do with any Mame.ini settings.

Im using wingun by the way...

If you are referring to shooting at the edge of the screen (which IMO is NOT acceptable) then please refer to what it says on MAWS:

0.67 [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino]

DIP/Input Bugs:

In le2 is now impossible to reload. The off screen reload area has slowly gotten smaller and smaller through more recent versions of MAME. I shot everywhere along the edge and in no place would it allow a reload of the gun, so the game is unplayable after emptying your first round unless you have cheats on. le2085u2gra Karasu

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1263 on: February 24, 2006, 11:03:50 am »

[/quote]

Okay - please CONFIRM whether off screen reloading in area 51 works. because believe you me, I have tried and tried again - enabled that MAME.INI setting and all, it DOESNT work. It DOES reload, but only after you repeatedly pull the trigger once out of bullets. Heck, once I was pretty sure it reloaded automatically.

As for Lethal enforcers 1, again please confirm your settings, does the game actually reload outside the screen? Doesnt for me, doesnt for many others..

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1264 on: February 24, 2006, 11:10:44 am »
okay, you  know what - we need to go through these games ONE BY ONE and determine working settings, for the sake of all!

We are all using silvers compiled Mame .104 right?
 It seems the problem titles are:

Area 51 / Maximum force - Offscreen Reload

Lethal Enforcers 1 - Reload, period!

Lethal Enforcers 2 - Reload, period!

Under Fire - Reload, period!

Locked N Loaded - No response from the gun at all!

Please guys, test your MAMEs and see if you get the same problems.
Hopefully we can narrow this down..

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 02:45:53 pm
  • Stil around.
« Reply #1265 on: February 24, 2006, 11:14:59 am »
Yes...offscreen reload WORKS for area51. I have no problem...and I am not talking about shooting several times for the reload(I believe this is part of the game if you don't shoot offscreen when your clip is empty...after several shots if automatically reloads for you).

Clip empty...point off screen...shoot once....clip full. It works.

ChodTheWacko

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1266 on: February 24, 2006, 11:33:25 am »
We are all using silvers compiled Mame .104 right?

A few comments:
as far as 'are you sure you're offscreen reloading and not clicking edge'.
Aren't they the same?   

when I offscreen reload, I offscreen reload.  I shoot somewhere offscreen to the right and above me.  (i pull the gun back)  When that happens the mouse pointer moves to the right side of the screen, and when I click it does sort of translate to click edge. I think.  Not sure.

Also, I'm not using 1.0.4.  I'm using the original mametest binary.  So
perhaps that's the reason.

Cananas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1267 on: February 24, 2006, 11:49:01 am »
please look at 6 posts above... If you want a proof that this work like i told you, try to enable de offscreen reload in Operaton Wolf. Then press the second button of the mouse (normaly mapped to launch the grenades). It will not launch them... because mame is send to the game a shot offscreen to reload... and there is no reload in operation wolf.

Area 51 / Maximum force - Offscreen reload PERFECT!

Lethal Enforcers 1 - For Reload you must point to the rigth-down corner.

Lethal Enforcers 2 - Impossible to reload

Under Fire - For Reload you must point to the rigth-down corner.

Locked N Loaded - No response from the gun at all! YES, But still it's a no working game.

********** EDIT **************
Lucky & Wild - You can track the mame cross with the gun, but the cross of the game is always in the left-down corner of the screen. Not found calibration setup in the game.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 11:38:45 am by Cananas »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1268 on: February 25, 2006, 04:55:22 am »
apologies guys,
area 51,
max force
under fire reload off screen work just fine.

Now if we can just tackle LOCKED N LOADED and LETHAL ENFORCERS 2

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #1269 on: February 25, 2006, 11:00:24 am »

********** EDIT **************
Lucky & Wild - You can track the mame cross with the gun, but the cross of the game is always in the left-down corner of the screen. Not found calibration setup in the game.

Lucky and wild works fine. There is a calibration screen in game. There is a service dipswitch, as well as TWO defined service buttons (look at the game inputs).

Enable the service dipswitch, then use "service 1" button to cycle through to the gun calibration screen. This is button "9" on my setup by default.

Cananas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1270 on: February 25, 2006, 11:39:36 am »
Thank you for the Tip, Silver. Yes, Lucky & Wild works well now.

jcrouse

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2010, 05:53:51 pm
    • CPViewer
« Reply #1271 on: February 25, 2006, 11:53:27 am »
Dat Silver certainly is da man!

;D
John

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1272 on: February 25, 2006, 01:36:04 pm »
how are you guys playing lucky and wild, do you have steering wheels?

killerkop

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2006, 07:40:31 pm
« Reply #1273 on: February 26, 2006, 03:33:50 am »
I read alot of this thread, so forgive me if i missed this, but is there any place Stateside that sells these guns yet?

Thanks

ronaegis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2006, 08:53:28 pm
« Reply #1274 on: February 27, 2006, 02:51:21 am »
For all the Linux users, I've created a Linux kernel v2.6.x driver for this gun. You'll find it there:

http://kaillera.com/topgun/

I tested it with all the shooting games I could find for AdvanceMAME and it works great :)

-Christophe

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1275 on: February 27, 2006, 04:35:28 am »
can I ask a question to those of you using wingun?

Do you ever find when tracking a crosshair or cursor with your gun across the screen really quickly, that it occasionally sticks/skips?
Its not always smooth, is it?

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #1276 on: February 27, 2006, 06:46:27 am »
For all the Linux users, I've created a Linux kernel v2.6.x driver for this gun. You'll find it there:

http://kaillera.com/topgun/

I tested it with all the shooting games I could find for AdvanceMAME and it works great :)

Hey nice work!

This has reminded me of something else I had noticed when testing 2 guns. I ended up calibrating manually for both, I noticed that the co-ordinates for calibration were the same for both guns. I also notice they are the same values in the driver used above (I think). These values also remain the same when using different size screens. What I think this means is that all EMS Topguns provide exactly the co-ordinates/data to the system once you have done the hardware calibration.

What this should mean is that we do not need to use any calibration at all apart from the inbuilt hardware calibration of the gun. Everyone should use the same values:

X Min =  160
X Max =  672
Y Min = 32
Y Max = 224

I would recommend that any driver authors could add a "topgun" option to hardcode those values. If anyone is using Smog's Guncon2Mouse, you can manually add the values to avoid the (troublesome) calibration by editing the ini file in the 'Program files/Guncon2mouse suite/profiles' directory. e.g.

[GUN#1]
AutoCal= 0
RightEdge= 672
LeftEdge= 160
DownEdge= 224
UpEdge= 32

I have not tested this when using screens larger than the LED positions. And I could be wrong...!

ErikRuud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2021, 10:20:27 am
  • I'll build a cab for only 99.99.99!!!
    • Erik's humble video game page
« Reply #1277 on: February 27, 2006, 08:11:29 am »
Silver,

I switched back to Wingun over the weekend.  I tried to use Smog's drivers, but the configuration panel does not work in Win2K.

I looked at what settings I was getting out of the autocalibration in wingun and they were:

X Min =  160
X Max =  672
Y Min = 44
Y Max = 224

Not exactly the same as yours, but I'll give your numbers a try and see if it makes much difference.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:48:30 am by ErikRuud »
Real Life.  Still a poor substitute for video games!       
American Laser Games Wrapper
O2em Rom Utility

Cananas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1278 on: February 27, 2006, 12:11:24 pm »
Silver,

Mines are:

X Min = 161
X Max = 672
Y Min = 33
Y Max = 224

Very, very close to yours. It seems the mean difference is on Y Min...

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #1279 on: February 27, 2006, 02:46:53 pm »
Well looks like everyone has similar values.

I'm sure a driver writer could hardcode the values to avoid any calibration woes.

@ErikRuud:

Does the driver work in 2k, just not the control panel? If so, try placing the attached file, renamed to Default.ini, in your "C:\Program Files\GunCon2 PC Driver Suite\profiles" directory. It may work....