Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Talented designers wanted for video game packaging work  (Read 963 times)

djpubba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2005, 10:49:26 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Talented designers wanted for video game packaging work
« on: March 23, 2005, 04:17:23 pm »
About once a year I post this message here and it's time again (I seem to lose my login info each time, though).

We are a design agency specializing in packaging, instruction manuals, strategy guides, ads and other marketing materials for the video game industry. We are currently looking to hire one, or possibly more, talented individual(s) to help out with the large volume of design and layout work we need to get done.

We've come here to look for someone because we prefer to work with people who love video games like ourselves. We have had good luck finding people here in the past (Hi Superzapper!), so we're back again.

Applicants should have strong page layout skills and be able to meet tough deadlines. Experience in Photoshop, InDesign, Quark and Illustrator is a must. Illustration/drawing skills are a plus. Samples of previous design work would be expected. We may ask you to do a test job to see if you are really qualified, which you would not be paid for (and we would not use for real). A high speed internet connection and an adequate Macintosh computer are also required.

The position would be freelance, over the table (meaning 1099's will be sent), but if the person we find is in the northern Los Angeles county area (or wants to relocate here) and they work out well, we may be interested in hiring full time. Our studio is in Valencia, near Magic Mountain.

Samples of the type of work you would be expected to be able to handle can be seen at

www.o-sd.com

Interested parties should contact me directly at tim@o-sd.com.

Thanks,
Tim

rohan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2011, 08:24:04 pm
  • I'm a winner.
Re: Talented designers wanted for video game packaging work
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 04:30:49 pm »
I'll pass this on to a talented design buddy at Cal State Long Beach that's graduating this May...
It doesn't matter if you win or lose....it's how you play the videogame.

megashock5

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2015, 06:51:16 am
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:50:58 am »
Might be interested in some freelance. What would you want as far as samples go?

djpubba

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2005, 10:49:26 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 10:50:13 pm »
Any prior work would do. The more similar to what's in our portfolio already, the better.