Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rock-ola 448 not selecting  (Read 5169 times)

1977cutcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2014, 05:46:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rock-ola 448 not selecting
« on: January 08, 2014, 08:35:22 pm »
Hello, guys I am new here.  I am having some difficulty with my rock-ola 448. This is the back ground. I bought the machine about 14 years ago and have worked on it as needed with the help of some trouble shooting guides / repair manuals that I picked up on Ebay as well as trial and error. I had the machine working well and then I moved to another house. After the move the carriage coil on the write in carriage fails to operate on the B side of records on just half of the selections (200-293) The carriage is properly lined up and if the hammer is pressed by hand the selection is made and the machine will operate as it should. I have checked every plug that I can find as well as fuses. The I have cleaned the write in board and the contact fingers seemed to be lined up. I have run out of options in the trouble shooting guide. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1977cutcher

• Offline Offline
Re: Rock-ola 448 not selecting
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:23:13 pm »
Still having difficulty with this problem.  Any thoughts?

1977cutcher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 06:15:25 pm »
Spent a couple of hours on it today.  Double checked the finger alignments on the write in carriage, seemed good, checked K2-1 switch seems to be working as it should, read the books some more, re-checked plugs, ect.  Still getting now where. Could really use some guidance.   Does any one know of another forum I could look into?

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »
jukebox list
is a bbs fourm
it is a news group,u sign up carry on
also
http://www.phonoland.com/
u will also need to reg there also
the same chap whom owns the news group owns phonoland
pm ami-guy >here on this fourm<
that nick is a mod there >on phonoland<

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

1977cutcher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:28:18 pm »
Registered on to the site today.  Seems to be a very nice site, thanks for the tip.