Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Walking Dead - Season 3  (Read 10280 times)

Louis Tully

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 pm
The Walking Dead - Season 3
« on: October 13, 2012, 08:36:02 pm »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:40:49 am by Louis Tully »

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Walking Dead - Season 3
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 08:38:59 pm »
 :puke

dre-w

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2015, 10:45:17 am
  • The Breakfast Club
    • FB... b/c my wife made me do it
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:45:52 am »
Wow, I didn't expect last nights episode to be so intense.. so what do you think about Lori.. didn't really show Carl shoot her..  Just like it never really showed the prisoner get killed by zombies, then a episode later BAM still alive..  And another thing did Lori die instantly from that?  Or did she just go into shock..?
These machines will be the death of me

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:42:41 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:39 am »
Wow, I didn't expect last nights episode to be so intense.. so what do you think about Lori.. didn't really show Carl shoot her..  Just like it never really showed the prisoner get killed by zombies, then a episode later BAM still alive..  And another thing did Lori die instantly from that?  Or did she just go into shock..?

I refuse to participate with a discussion if I have to constantly use spoiler tags... keep up with the show and THEN visit the thread. 

She's dead dude... even if she weren't the infection from cutting her belly and then womb open without a serile knife or gloved hands woudl have killed her.  Besides... this is Carl we're talking about... he did it. 

On the other hand the shaved headed lady... she's still alive. 

anyway......

I refrained from talking about this season until I had seen enough episodes to make judgement.  Looks like a one step forward, two steps back deal.  The special effects and zombie carnage has really improved.  It looks like they are relying a lot more on practical effects, which is certainly a good thing.  As for the story, well it's not very good this go around.  They are diverging a lot from the comics, which would have been a good thing last season (the farm stuff is boring) but just plain sucks this season because the whole prision arc was written so damned perfect in the comics.... honestly it's my favorite part of the books thus far.  It looks like Hershel has been put in Dale's role plot-wise, as I suspected he would.... don't expect him to last very long.  The Governor has been severely neutered for television, as I feared he would.  The dude is a genuine psycho in the books, and this guy is just your stereo-typical villian.  Good to see Merl back... for some reason he makes me smile. 

Lots of over-the-top scenes were supposed to be shown in this part of the arc, but judging by everything that went on last episode I don't think they can do any of it now, which is disappointing. 

There is still enough going on to watch it, but that intriguing social commentary/debate from last season is long gone.  All the characters are decidedly black and white at this point. 

dre-w

• Offline Offline
  • The Breakfast Club
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:25:01 pm »
Idk.. This shows pretty predictable whenever they dont show a death.. Its for a reason..  Would be pretty neat to see a zombie Lori walkin around, belly all open..

Yeh i agree the comics were way better

lordnacho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2023, 07:38:14 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 01:04:37 pm »
Well, I'm glad they are different.  We know people die, but it doesn't happen how you expect it. 

Also, there's a difference between not showing the death vs no one seeing it. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 03:37:48 pm »
Well, I'm glad they are different.  We know people die, but it doesn't happen how you expect it. 

Also, there's a difference between not showing the death vs no one seeing it.

Yeah but here's the thing..... with the exception of Hershel, they've already wasted their alloted deaths per season on the first couple of episodes.  There's no tension now because they can't really kill anybody else that's important.  They aren't brave enough to kill the primary cast when the series has become such a cash-cow, so Rick, Carl, Glen, Maggie, and Daryl are safe and to be honest, do you really give a crap about the rest?  I mean yeah they let one of the minor cast members die early in season 2, like one from season 1 linger on a bit too long and swapped Dale for Hershel but who lives and who dies is essentially unchanged..... if that's the case then I'd rather them stay closer to the superior comic book plotlines. 

In the comics, they have the good sense to do most of the deaths towards the end of an arc... you know, so people will actually read all the way through?

t3design

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 07:19:01 pm
  • Orange Power! Go Pokes!
    • Cowboy Arcade Project
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 03:57:47 pm »
Who lives and who dies is interesting at times and the slight differences between the graphic novel and the tv series have kept me guessing a little. The gore, too much or too little, is a necessary part of the story (that I like!). What I find fascinating and it's true about both the graphic novel and the series is the tension in the small parts of dialogue that are seemingly small things but in reality are the real issues. Case in point:

The short discussion between the group members about whether to let the two remaining prisoners stay or send them out. This is an very difficult thing to handle.

If you include them, you have to trust them at some level. You have to evaluate whether they add more than they take from the group. Do your chances go up or down?

If you send them out, are you sending them to die? What if they survive and you run across them later? What if they bring others back with them?

Is survival at ANY cost worth it. If to survive you loose your humanity, compassion and dignity, are you still human?

And in the middle of this very important, functionally life or death decision process, zombies attack!

That few minutes was worth the episode for me, yet it happens several times an episode.

P.S. I liked Lori. I think she was most like what a real mom who could survive would have been like. Sorry to see her go....
Cowboy Arcade Project ThreadCowboy Arcade Project Website
If you are an obsessive/compulsive pyromaniac, you better make sure you wear flame retardant pajamas.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2024, 12:40:25 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 04:20:54 pm »
I'm enjoying it so far. 

I can really appreciate some of the human dynamics being introduced in the third season.  I think the mostly quiet and organized community, guarded and controlled by ruthless thugs is the most interesting.  There are certainly parallels with current social norms being presented there.  It raises the question of what freedoms, and perhaps morals, individuals are willing to sacrifice for the sake of safety and structure.

I think the one part I had the most difficulty with is the prisoners.  While it may be a little naive on my part, I would have to believe that there would have been a "come to jesus" moment for them, after being locked in a room for as long as they were.  It seems to me that being liberated, and understanding the situation they had suddenly become part of, would have had a more profound impact on their behaviors, likely tempering the aggression toward the group.  It also seems unlikely that one of them would intentionally endanger everyone inside, including themselves, but I guess they weren't there for being reasonable.

Still, it's great TV and I don't miss an episode.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 04:31:07 pm »
Well those discussions WOULD be interesting, if they weren't so damn predictable. 

You knew that they were going to eventually let the prisoners join the group eventually... probably after a conveniant chance to prove themselves and 5 minutes later... boom!  There comes that chance! 

And again there WOULD  be a moral delimma, if those guys weren't prisoners.  Yeah I know, they say that their offenses were minor but that sure looks like at least a medium security prison to me and you don't get in there for a little pot.  Don't get me wrong, I don't support the death penalty, but things are a bit different when there aren't the facilities in place to give criminals proper punishment.  Making them leave wouldn't have been killing them, it would have been the right call... but they are staying true to the worst parts of the comics unfortunately, including Rick's nack for screwing up... so they have to stay. 

It seems to me that the writers for the show don't seem to get which parts of the books made the series great, because they always latch on to the other parts. 

p.s.  If you liked Lori then you obviously didn't watch the last two seasons..... started to feel a little sorry for her towards the end, but it's good she died.... at least it was a noble death so she could redeem herslef somewhat.  T-Dog bothered me a lot more to be honest.... but then again they only gave the poor guy three lines a season, so he's expendable.

t3design

• Offline Offline
    • Cowboy Arcade Project
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »

p.s.  If you liked Lori then you obviously didn't watch the last two seasons..... started to feel a little sorry for her towards the end, but it's good she died.... at least it was a noble death so she could redeem herslef somewhat. 

Well, let's see how many things we can find wrong with that line of reasoning....

1. Non Sequitur: "because you like Lori you didn't watch the last two seasons". Well , I did watch the last two seasons (several times) and I own all the graphic novels, the trade paperbacks, the hardcovers and the omnibus editions (two of them signed). AND I still liked Lori.

2. Argumentum ad Hominem: this is also simply attacking me to attempt to make a case.

3. I hope you don't ever feel sorry for me.

That's probably enough.

Suggestion: If the show is so predictable, uninteresting and tedious to you....don't watch it. However, if you do watch, and we don't agree on the finer points, make an educated and reasonable case for your view instead of resorting to attacking me for mine.

Thanks

If you are an obsessive/compulsive pyromaniac, you better make sure you wear flame retardant pajamas.

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 05:59:55 pm »
T-Dog bothered me a lot more to be honest.... but then again they only gave the poor guy three lines a season, so he's expendable.

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 06:31:43 pm »
"There's a chance we might let another black guy into the group....QUICK! Kill T-Dog!"

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »
I finally got to read some of the comics (wife's coworker lent us the 1st compendium, issues 1-48) and I was interesting to see what the show has and hasn't taken from the comics- I actually think the comic and show are on par, quality-wise, considering how difficult it is for a lot of fiction to cross mediums. I'm guessing like a lot of the divergences are the result of the limitations of TV. Of course that first collection only goes up to what I assume will be the 3rd season finale, so I am still really curious about the future.

As far as this season goes, I will miss T-dog as I don't think he was ever used as much as he should have been, and as far as Lori, it seemed that the pregnancy dominated her purpose in the show. I am ok with her going, much more than I was with Dale, because I think he brought a good tension to the group of survivors. Man, I am curious about what is going to happen with the baby. I think LOST handled the pregnancy-in-peril idea better with Claire's baby, but once it was born they basically wrote it and her out of the main storylines. I wonder if the same is going to happen here.

At least Lori died knowing where Carl was for once.  ;D

Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

boomerbrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 04:56:39 pm
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »
Do we really know that Lori is dead? It didn't show Carl shoot her and Carol, who practiced procedures on the zombie, is separated from everyone else. Perhaps she stumbles onto Lori and she is still alive? Just a guess.

lordnacho

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 09:50:36 pm »
I think T-Dog was killed off so Merl will solely blame Rick.  T-Dog was the one who dropped the key to his handcuffs on the roof, but was Rick who handcuffed him.  Daryl will have to choose who to side with.  Always moral choices in TWD land.

Lori is dead, would be lame otherwise.  Although a pulse check before shooting her would have been a good idea.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 11:54:35 pm »

p.s.  If you liked Lori then you obviously didn't watch the last two seasons..... started to feel a little sorry for her towards the end, but it's good she died.... at least it was a noble death so she could redeem herslef somewhat. 

Well, let's see how many things we can find wrong with that line of reasoning....

1. Non Sequitur: "because you like Lori you didn't watch the last two seasons". Well , I did watch the last two seasons (several times) and I own all the graphic novels, the trade paperbacks, the hardcovers and the omnibus editions (two of them signed). AND I still liked Lori.

2. Argumentum ad Hominem: this is also simply attacking me to attempt to make a case.

3. I hope you don't ever feel sorry for me.

That's probably enough.

Suggestion: If the show is so predictable, uninteresting and tedious to you....don't watch it. However, if you do watch, and we don't agree on the finer points, make an educated and reasonable case for your view instead of resorting to attacking me for mine.

Thanks

My disagreeing with your opinions does not equate to "attacking you"  you need to calm down a bit and repeat to yourself it's just a show, and you should really just relax. 

Every one of my counter points are educated and reasonable.... I'm just sorry that you haven't analyzed the show in as much detail as I have so you can't see it this way.  Most people merely watch tv....  I do a bit more. 

lordnacho1:  I don't think that was much much of an issue anyway.  If you remember a couple of episodes ago Merl talks about Rick being the s.o.b. that left him, not t-dog.  There's no dobut whatsoever that Daryl is in team Rick camp.  Even when he was with his brother he was never "with" his brother.  And about Lori.... again, she would have died from infection anyway but most likely she died almost instantly from shock....  you can't just cut into someone's belly without anesthetic. 

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 02:10:31 am »
Well those discussions WOULD be interesting, if they weren't so damn predictable. 

You knew that they were going to eventually let the prisoners join the group eventually... probably after a conveniant chance to prove themselves and 5 minutes later... boom!  There comes that chance!

Well, it didn't actually happen that way.  During the drive to the food stores, the situation could have broke in any of a number of directions.  I honestly didn't expect it to go the way it did.  It seemed to be a demonstration of how even the non-infected could be as dangerous in that world (or the real one), if not more so than their gruesome counterparts.  It was also a demonstration as to how hardened Rick and others in the group had become.  They learned in the last season that simply still being human was not something worthy of protection or trust.  Much of what you have been seeing is an amplification of this, and appears to be setting the stage for the upcoming encounter with Merl, and possibly the Governor.   After watching the characters' progression, I was surprised they weren't all executed by Rick and crew, but of course they weren't because there is still some compassion which they have managed to retain, and the understanding that the group becomes weaker as their numbers dwindle.  Better to have an unsavory, but not necessarily dangerous, individual at your side, than to fight alone.  Simple risk management.

And again there WOULD  be a moral delimma, if those guys weren't prisoners.  Yeah I know, they say that their offenses were minor but that sure looks like at least a medium security prison to me and you don't get in there for a little pot.  Don't get me wrong, I don't support the death penalty, but things are a bit different when there aren't the facilities in place to give criminals proper punishment.  Making them leave wouldn't have been killing them, it would have been the right call...

Meh.  In a world like that, some of the traits belonging to certain criminals could be pretty handy to call on.  Daryl wasn't too far from that originally and eventually became a valuable member.  Predictability is what is important.  If you can't turn your back to them without wondering what will happen, then they have to go.  Besides, putting them outside would have been the same as killing them, unless they were armed and well provisioned, which is something the group could neither risk or afford.

It seems to me that the writers for the show don't seem to get which parts of the books made the series great, because they always latch on to the other parts. 

Never read them.  It's probably what is spoiling the show for you.  I've never walked away from a movie based on a book I had already read thinking "that was better than the book".

IF she is actually dead.  Given the scene with Rick afterward, I tend to think she is.  But yeah, she was pretty annoying.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:22:03 am by RandyT »

t3design

• Offline Offline
    • Cowboy Arcade Project
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 06:09:49 pm »

My disagreeing with your opinions does not equate to "attacking you"  you need to calm down a bit and repeat to yourself it's just a show, and you should really just relax. 

Every one of my counter points are educated and reasonable.... I'm just sorry that you haven't analyzed the show in as much detail as I have so you can't see it this way.  Most people merely watch tv....  I do a bit more. 

Unfortunately, you don't seem to understand the difference between stating your opinion and attacking another person. If you had said, "In my opinion....", or, "As I have watched Lori's character develop over the last two seasons I have grown to dislike her."  THAT would be stating your opinion. If you had said, "I disagree with you, I think as Lori's character developed...", THAT would have been disagreeing with my opinion.

However, what you did say was that because I liked Lori's character I could not have watched the first two seasons, which is the same as saying that if I were as educated in the series as you, I would think like you. THAT is an attack, and an arrogant one at that. 

Interestingly, you resort to the same ad Hominem attack in your rebuttal when you claim that you are educated and reasonable and that those who don't see things the way you do haven't spent as much time or done as much analysis as you. The amount of time spent on analysis does not equate to whether you are right or wrong.

If you have spent so much time analyzing the show I would expect that you would be able to articulate the basis for your conclusions clearly and if they are plausible and potentially valid you might influence someone else. But so far all you have done is said, "I know more than you, I'm smarter than you, and if you don't see things my way you haven't really watched the show or paid attention." And that doesn't make you smarter or right, it just makes you a bully.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:00 am »

Meh.  You know what needs a horde of walkers to show up?  This thread.   :hissy

spoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:36:18 am
  • Destroyer of electronics
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 10:42:45 am »

Walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker nomnom  walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers nomnom walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers walker walkers

Close enough?   :D

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 11:02:27 am »

Who got nommed?

Does it match the comic book?

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 12:05:54 pm »
Here comes another horde of walkers

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 01:08:47 pm »

It's a Herd of walkers, geez.  Don't you watch the TV show, read the graphic novels, analyze the books, obsess over the fan fiction, listen to the podcasts, or sneak into the creators house while he's taking a shower in order to read his notes?  Obviously you're not a true fan.

spoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:36:18 am
  • Destroyer of electronics
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 01:22:12 pm »

Who got nommed?

Does it match the comic book?

PBJ apparently.

Anyways, have they "fixed" the issue with this show that they kept leaving behind hammers/axes and then whined they couldn't use their guns?   I only made it about 1/2 through season two.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 01:35:14 pm »
PBJ apparently.

:laugh2:

I guess I'm not a true fan.  I just caught up last night and haven't read any of the books or anything.  I don't have AMC either. 

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 12:51:44 am »
Just caught the most recent episode (304). And I have one puzzling question.

They're all infected, that's pretty well established.

It's made pretty clear that once they die, regardless of method of death, they'll turn into a walker. OK, makes sense so far.

So why does a simple bite or scratch that wouldn't cause the character to die under normal circumstances also turn them into a walker? Is it not same mechanism either way? WTF?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 01:51:22 am »
Just caught the most recent episode (304). And I have one puzzling question.

They're all infected, that's pretty well established.

It's made pretty clear that once they die, regardless of method of death, they'll turn into a walker. OK, makes sense so far.

So why does a simple bite or scratch that wouldn't cause the character to die under normal circumstances also turn them into a walker? Is it not same mechanism either way? WTF?

It's funny...I had a subconscious "BS alert" moment when that revelation surfaced.  I couldn't put my finger on why, but I think you just did.  I guess I just accepted the premise and forgot about it.

Perhaps the virus is dormant in the living until death occurs, but when bitten or scratched, the active (mutated?) virus is transferred and rapidly replicates to kill, and take over the host?  If that doesn't work for you, I'll see if I can make up something more plausible  ;D

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 02:06:03 am »
Yeah that kind of pissed me off as well.  Now for a massive injury I can see it... the body goes into shock, the virus becomes active.... it should be a rather slow turn though.

Then again, the big Black guy that merely got scratched by zombie bone didn't exactly turn.... they SAID he would turn and the other guy shot him.  Same goes for t-dog.... he seemed quite alright until he became zombie chow.  The last time we saw somebody die from a zombie bite it took a long long time for them to die and eventually turn. 

So I would say that zombies are just nasty and the person dies or get really ill from infection, then they die, then they zombify.  I do think that b.s. like having to immediately amputate the infected limb is just dumb though.... nothing spreads that fast, not even snake venom. 

Louis Tully

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 pm
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 08:43:47 am »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:41:14 am by Louis Tully »

lordnacho

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 09:54:33 am »
I liked 28 Days Later take on infection where any blood splatter could turn them.  Like the scene where the crow was eating a zombie then dropped blood into the guy's eye. 
So I don't really care when I see people in Walking Dead hacking at zombies and blood splattering everyone, or someone doing surgical procedures on a zombie,

Btw, I'd much rather live in a Walking Dead world(slow zombies) than a 28 Days Later world(fast).

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 10:12:29 am »

It makes perfect sense to me because they don't know where the line is between simple wound and lethal infection.  Who says that a scratch actually will turn someone into a walker?  All they really know is that the line is in there somewhere and being wrong about it can get a second person killed.  They err on the side of extreme caution mentally but I don't remember them actually shooting anybody until they had turned for real.

dre-w

• Offline Offline
  • The Breakfast Club
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 09:49:54 pm »
Who says that a scratch actually will turn someone into a walker?  All they really know is that the line is in there somewhere and being wrong about it can get a second person killed.
Exactly.  Has anyone in the show actually "turned" from a scratch..?  I vaguely remember the scene where Rick and Shane were at the school and they noticed some downed walkers and they mentioned something about no bites, then Rick just assumed it was from scratches..

I liked 28 Days Later take on infection where any blood splatter could turn them.  Like the scene where the crow was eating a zombie then dropped blood into the guy's eye.

Funny that's the first thing that popped in my head when Rick went crazy with the axe and started zombie moshin,  blood all splattering in his face with his mouth all open..  To correct both of these issues for me, I just imagine they turn from zombie saliva..  not blood or scratches.  And if they ever do show someone turn from a zombie scratch, I'm just going to pretend the zombie was biting his nails prior.   :P

Nephasth

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 09:57:05 pm »
Who says that a scratch actually will turn someone into a walker?  All they really know is that the line is in there somewhere and being wrong about it can get a second person killed.
Exactly.  Has anyone in the show actually "turned" from a scratch..?  I vaguely remember the scene where Rick and Shane were at the school and they noticed some downed walkers and they mentioned something about no bites, then Rick just assumed it was from scratches..

Funny that's the first thing that popped in my head when Rick went crazy with the axe and started zombie moshin,  blood all splattering in his face with his mouth all open..  To correct both of these issues for me, I just imagine they turn from zombie saliva..  not blood or scratches.  And if they ever do show someone turn from a zombie scratch, I'm just going to pretend the zombie was biting his nails prior.   :P

Have you even been watching the ---smurfing--- show?! Yes, I agree that walker blood splatter should turn them, that was something that bothered me from the beginning when they draped themselves in walker body parts to cover their scent from other walkers. BUT, just like vampire movies/shows, zombie movies/shows are all a little different, and Walking Dead took a slightly different approach (and it's ---smurfing--- stupid). The group already KNOWS that they are all infected and will turn once they die. People turning from bites is most likely caused by death due to blood loss.

This show sucks, but I can't stop watching it... :-[  Too many ---Bad words, bad words, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when saint censors you?--- inconsistencies.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:03:06 pm by Nephasth »

dre-w

• Offline Offline
  • The Breakfast Club
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 10:29:10 pm »
Yeh I haven't missed an episode.  I don't get why you would need to ask me that though..

dre-w

• Offline Offline
  • The Breakfast Club
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »
Wait what??  Death by blood loss... from a bite??  How do explain people surviving amputations like Hershel and Merl..

dre-w

• Offline Offline
  • The Breakfast Club
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 10:40:24 pm »
So, after Rick finds the zombie that presumably ate Lori..  are we to assume that he somehow ate her whole..?  I mean, even the bones and skull..?  LOL, maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything left on the floor except for the blood trail leading to the zombie

boomerbrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 04:56:39 pm
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 10:49:12 pm »
I hate to say it but it is looking more and more like Carol saved Lori which was my original theory. Too many things aren't adding up. I could be totally wrong though.

dre-w

• Offline Offline
  • The Breakfast Club
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 12:45:35 am »
Yeh b/c when they showed the trailer for the next episode, they found Carols knife in that room right..?  idk I give up lol.

lordnacho

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 09:35:29 am »
So, after Rick finds the zombie that presumably ate Lori..  are we to assume that he somehow ate her whole..?  I mean, even the bones and skull..?  LOL, maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything left on the floor except for the blood trail leading to the zombie
I'd say that's just a special effects budget reason.   I sort of liked that little twist, you thought she crawled away, but nope.  She was a thanksgiving zombie meal.  Zombie was in a meat coma and had to loosen his belt.