Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat Trilogy for PC on Windows 7  (Read 19064 times)

TheManuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
Mortal Kombat Trilogy for PC on Windows 7
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:31:44 am »
Has anybody gotten Mortal Kombat Trilogy (the PC game) to work correctly on Windows 7?

There seem to be two options out there, but both have their issues:

1. The installer for the XP patch version floating around on the web won't even install.  If you simply tried to use the executable from a pre-install on Windows XP, it will run but crashes at the character selection screen.  The patch works great on XP and the executable has to be run in Win 2000 compatibility mode.  This trick does not help in Windows 7 (at least 64 bit).  On Windows XP, this mod works great with music and everything.

2. The MKT Enhanced Edition 2.1 installs beautifully but it has a problem on both, XP and Windows 7.  If you mount the disc image, you can have music in the game but due to a bug, the music turns off on the first fight.  You can re-enable it by toggling music off and on from the menu bar, but it does not stay on consistently.

If anybody has gotten one of these to work perfectly with music and everything, please let me know.

Thanks!
"The Manuel"

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2024, 01:59:32 am
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy for PC on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:36 am »
I've had similar issues unfortunately.   You can get the game to work on win 7, but getting it to work with the sound working and everything seems to be impossible. 

My suggestion would be to run the emulated n64 or psx versions.... they are both emulated perfectly.

TheManuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy for PC on Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 08:37:12 am »
Thanks, Howard.

That's what I've been gravitating towards.
It sounds like the PSX version is the way to go.
From what I've read, it would seem version 1.1 (PSX Greatest Hits) is best.

I had similar problems with MK4 PC, but got it to work fully. 
Afterwards, I learned that the Dreamcast version, MK Golds might be better than the PC.
"The Manuel"